• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
K-on first season though. I didn't like the second season xD

Clannad+Clannad afterstory
Higurashi No naku koro ni...and those
Angel Beats
Toradora
Togaino no chi (is shounen-ai tho)
Baccano
Durarara
CHIHAYAFURU
katanagatari

You should all read Mysterious girlfriend x tho xD
And read Mirai nikki...I cant watch it ;-;

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Now and Then, Here and There.

I like my shows like I like my women: Gotta have substance or I'm not interested.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
it's an amazing movie

anyone who enjoys it should also go watch summer wars

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Finished Death Note last night and I have to say, I enjoyed the manga quite a bit more.

That being said, I'm gonna watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time next. Suggestions for after that?

NegativeZero

Smash Rookie
Oh definitely.

Americans, especially Californians, are quite emotionally dead.
Seeing through their fake emotional displays is as easy as seeing that Crater Lake is blue.
Disregarding colourblindness.
I agree, many people are numb with their own humanity. I sometimes feel that I am TOO human/emotional with some anime, but not all. Some anime seem perfectly fine for me, but there are some that effectively scare me away when they hit a sore point in my mind.

In a way, I can like light-hearted or morbidly serious anime (or anything of story-telling for that manner) as long as no bad memories are triggered in a harsh recollecting fashion.
(for examples seeing some child-like/young characters if they look like the innocence that some people lose abruptly, I may be discomforted for light-hearted art styles and having a character's personality take a total 180 when their former side makes me feel less bitter about people scares me away for dark stories) So, I am willing to admit that I like watching new things, but I need to recognize my own vulnerabilities. I once loved Naruto, but the over abundance (in my opinion) of childhood trauma pushed me away, same with Tsubasa Chronicle (manga). Why watch/read them if they are more than I can handle?

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
I second all suggestions to watch TTGL, one of the best I've ever seen. (Fight the powa!)

ToraDora! was pretty good.

Sekirei is one of my favorites; if you haven't watched it I suggest you do.

Has anyone seen Kanokon? I'd also suggest it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Finished Death Note last night and I have to say, I enjoyed the manga quite a bit more.

That being said, I'm gonna watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time next. Suggestions for after that?
Durarara!!
Easily one of my favourites as of now.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I second all suggestions to watch TTGL, one of the best I've ever seen. (Fight the powa!)

ToraDora! was pretty good.

Sekirei is one of my favorites; if you haven't watched it I suggest you do.

Has anyone seen Kanokon? I'd also suggest it.
Those are two I've been meaning to remember (the last two). I've seen Sekirei twice. Once like two years ago and again last summer when I was trying to find a new anime to watch and didn't realize I've already watched it.

As for Kanokon, I loved it but I felt guilty watching it. :x

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Want to cry?
Natsume Juujinchou.

Want to get pumped for no reason?
Chihayafuru.

Want to be awesome?
Ga-Rei Zero.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Want to cry?
Natsume Yuujinchou.

Want to get pumped for no reason?
Chihayafuru.

Want to be awesome?
Ga-Rei Zero.
Yuujinchou.

I love how two of these three are my recommendation. :bee::bee:

I do have to say that Natsume always gives me an amazingly warm feeling. It's not just for crying ***** tears.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Not sure if I should hijack and ruin this thread with my superior taste or not.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Those are two I've been meaning to remember (the last two). I've seen Sekirei twice. Once like two years ago and again last summer when I was trying to find a new anime to watch and didn't realize I've already watched it.

As for Kanokon, I loved it but I felt guilty watching it. :x
Kanokon - I also loved it.

As for Sekirei, I hope they start putting out a new season soon...I can't wait any longer for more amazing Sekirei action.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Ghost Stories dub. They rewrote the script in English.

:phone:
If you don't mind the slightly outdated references, I suggest this to anyone who wants a laugh.

I consider this to be the 1st abridged series. I could be wrong though.

On a side note, anyone seen FMP: FUMOFFU?

Kommander Kol

Smash Rookie
Looking for an "intentionally, so stupid it's funny" kind of like Bobobo.
Ever seen Gintama or Hetalia? Those are pretty funny. Gintama is closer to Bobobo in random crack happening most of the time,but it does have some serious points to it as well. Hetalia is fast paced,and if you like jokes that go on international stereotypes(though the stereotypes are from the Japanese point of view most of the time) then you'll get into Hetalia really easily.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have been reading a manga lately that is pretty good. I read it in Japanese (it is pretty simple Japanese) but I am not sure if they have scanlations of it on line.

It is called "Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo" which loosely translates to "Japanese that Japanese People don't Know". It is a comedic manga that tells a story of a Japanese teacher who teaches Japanese to foreigners in Japan. It questions the Japanese language and proposes difficult questions while being funny. It is pretty humorous. It is a pretty good tool for those interested in studying Japanese.

Try giving it a read.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I watched "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" two days ago. It was an extremely good movie.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm going to watch that right now. Been too long since I've watched some anime. If it it has a philosophical turn at any point it should be interesting.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think this is the best part of the movie:

The hair <33333

Just kidding. But I really do love short hair.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The little boy who is the child of the mother who gets hit by the bike reminds me of Ness. XD

Top Bottom