• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Right, because playing Smash more often and playing skill are directly related.

Vayseth

Smash Master
lolz, I ain't talkin' 'bout skill, more like, being pro at life and getting smashes together. And yes, playing smash more will eventually make you better.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
yeah. i think ankoku was trying to be sarcastic? im not sure what his point was, perhaps that playing smash more is inversely related to skill. lol, sarcasm is lost on the internet.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
lain i didn't think you were trying to insult me, but there is no reason not to MM me even if i did still play melee. my pichu vs your falco, best of 5, 5 dollars.

lain

Smash Master
playing skill and time played isn't ALWAYS related (i.e. Mango, Joel, etc.) but it is generally the way it works.

Levitas

the moon
Unfortunatly, it seems I won't be making it this time. Don't count me out for the rest of the summer, though.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunatly, it seems I won't be making it this time. Don't count me out for the rest of the summer, though.

ah man, i was really hoping you could make it.

anyways, this is looking like it's going to be huuuge! people have been msging me about staying here, it should be good times.

bring your setups! im hoping we can have 10? that's optimistic, but we can do it! i know you guys all have wiis, so bring them!

Vayseth

Smash Master
If people need to stay at my place, it shouldn't be a problem, but I'd need A LOT of notice, and no more than 2-4 (for comfort's sake, I live in an apartment.)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kel has a short leash.

What is the zip code for this place? I don't want to have mapquest give me one and get all screwey on me.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
who is rofa usin nowadays to get so good? btw vayseth me and dope are probably coming to this, so SHOTGUN for 2 of the spots in the apartment=p

Vayseth

Smash Master
You'll be the only ones there then. I've got ya covered. (i've only got 2 beds). You comin out friday and leaving sat night or what?

rofa

Smash Journeyman
im using meta now :-p this tournament is going to be hype as ****. bring wiis/tvs people!

Kagutsuchi

Smash Cadet
I wish I didn't live an hour away from Ann Arbor. Driving sucks. Gas prices suck more. /johns.

Oh, and Brawl singles are still really boring.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
kagu dont b a scrub and get your *** down here. u can win money to pay 4 gas! top 5 get prizes!!! zomg so awesome right?

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
no johns overswarm. kagu drive with the waterford crew if you want to go places without spending much :p

lain

Smash Master
sooo i went from 9th place to 7th to 4th. logically, this means i will at least get 2nd. arithmetically, this means i might get 0th place.

.... : |

super excited. omni we are teaming correct?

also joel, i have major sandbagging johns LOL

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Kentucky is a fantasy world?

Dude, we should play doubles together. I'd totally be tempted to stay for Saturday's tournament, at least doubles, if I teamed with ya, Overjohns.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'll probably only be able to bring 1 TV. I could've sworn I had another one just like the TV I'm bringing, but it mysteriously disappeared. I'll ask my dad if he knows where it is, but just count on me bringing 1 for now.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kentucky is a fantasy world?

Dude, we should play doubles together. I'd totally be tempted to stay for Saturday's tournament, at least doubles, if I teamed with ya, Overjohns.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'll probably only be able to bring 1 TV. I could've sworn I had another one just like the TV I'm bringing, but it mysteriously disappeared. I'll ask my dad if he knows where it is, but just count on me bringing 1 for now.
Prolly gonna be teaming with Kel. I'll definitely do some friendly doubles iwth you (or money matches if you can organize them).

I can bring a setup depending on if it is 3 or less people in the car on the way there.

Vayseth

Smash Master
d00d, this tournament is going to rule. I cleared everything with my roomie, so dope and andy can stay at my place. We'll prolly play at Rofa's for a while, bounce back to my apartment where I have an air bed and a couch for you guys to sleep on and then we'll head back there in the morning (it's 10 min walking, 2 min driving, so it's not far by any means).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Prolly gonna be teaming with Kel. I'll definitely do some friendly doubles iwth you (or money matches if you can organize them).

I can bring a setup depending on if it is 3 or less people in the car on the way there.
No matter, I guess I just won't have as much of an opportunity to stick you and "accidentally" hit the trigger :D

And I'm actually an MM virgin. The idea of losing money bothers me, but I'm going to get over it for the smashfest. I should have probably taken lain up on his request when he tried to MM me while high and drunk, but I lack balls. I have, however, bet an expired condom from my wallet on a teams game, and a stamp card to a local cafe in a 1v1. **** that Anther for taking them both >_<

Does anybody wanna take my MM virginity by challenging a makeshift team between one of the best players in the country and a random scrub? You may know him, the scrub's name is Overswarm.

Btw, I'll have to pass on a melee side tournament. Assuming rofa even has Ganondorf unlocked (:D) I wouldn't want to impress you guys too much with my lack of ability to wavedash. Also, watching that game makes my eyes spin 'cause its way too fast. I don't care what anyone says, but I think Brawl is the better game.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Talking about melee tourney... we need to remind people that there even is one on Friday at 8 pm! Be there and make sure that if you bring wiis you bring melee too!!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Btw, I'll have to pass on a melee side tournament. Assuming rofa even has Ganondorf unlocked (:D) I wouldn't want to impress you guys too much with my lack of ability to wavedash. Also, watching that game makes my eyes spin 'cause its way too fast. I don't care what anyone says, but I think Brawl is the better game.
You don't wavedash? Man, it's been too long since I've seen you play Melee.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
yes that's right everyone. melee tournament at 8 on friday!!! bring your wiis/gamecubes/meelees/brawls!!! TVS TOO! kk thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom