• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingding

Smash Ace
ya there last tournament had every stage in it.. including sample custom stages.. LOL.. so all the players made up there own rule about if both teams didn't wanna play on it they could just quit out

dingding

Smash Ace
cause u went there at 7 and filled in for some 1.. cough cough..and did u didn't even have to pay i bet

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
dingdong sure loves talking ****. Is he tryin' to call people out for a MM? Eh? Eh? $5?

dingding

Smash Ace
yeah thats me ankoku its what i do i'll MM u for 2 bucks since i'm broke im saving up for cygamz i'll beat that shiek of yours..with ma snake

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can't get to the next one. Everyone's got until 2009 to practice up : P

Unless something awesome happens.

dingding

Smash Ace
y u not going to cygamz and yeah thax im working on ma snake too turning out good cause I be beating ppl online we should do a 1 dollar MM snake ditto best of 3

dingding

Smash Ace
fo sho ankoku snake is the best.. no doudt and yes omni i'll take that prepare to lose ur 20 bucks

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Check it out! Google just went through A2 a while ago and took pictures everywhere! I was checking out the "street view" on maps.google.com and even found Rofa's place! :-D
check it out here
The best photo is of "1520 Washtenaw Ave".

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meta Knight and Snake are "cheaper" than Wolf. They're also more popular by a factor of three.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Ankoku knows, he's got teh dataz.

ICs all the way. They're like why I played puff in Melee, you mess up, you die. Only now Mess up = alt grab instead of rest, and they're a bajillion times harder to do.

*sigh*

dingding

Smash Ace
ya but I don't even think Metaknight is all that great cause ppl are calling him top tier i think he's high but not top.. cause the most damage his attack is like 13-14 dmg which is his F smash and tornado can do 20 but like hard to make them stay all the way and MK is super light .. the only broken thing about MK is probaly his Up+b

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Metaknight is currently one of the best in the game right now, without a doubt. Actually, he's probably the best.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meta Knight is a lighter, smaller, weaker, much faster, and much less punishable version of Marth. And both of them lose entirely based on the mistakes of the person playing them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Metaknight is also incredibly predictable and has to commit to everything he does because his attacks generally take forever to finish.

But yeah, he's probably overall the best in the game.

dingding

Smash Ace
ugh i think he's not good at all.. yeah probaly good for like 1 stock then u figure out its all down smash, tornados, and up B off the map.. but i think metaknight is really easy to predict just ppl dont care cause his attacks do like no damage..

dingding

Smash Ace
I Say Snake is the best in the game.. and 2nd GW or those are the easiest to use and be good with fast

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Metaknight is also incredibly predictable and has to commit to everything he does because his attacks generally take forever to finish.

But yeah, he's probably overall the best in the game.
This is exactly how I feel. Consistently playing against a good MK (Rofa, of course ^_^) has made me realize just how predictable he can be.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
Playing against anther has made me realize how predictable I am. It also made me realize that when I do win it's because I got lucky and pressed the wrong button.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
A Meta Knight is only predictable because his good (read: abusable) moveset is overused. :V

You want an unpredictable Meta Knight, you play one that reacts instead of advancing with the same approaches you do every time. It's more repetitive than the way I approach with Nanaya in MBAC, I swear.

lain

Smash Master
you always want to be unpredicaable. that's playing smash. scrubs.

also, FYI on the map list for cygamz, if you read in that list, it says:

*Unused Maps:

and proceeds to list off the typical unused maps. this tourney is super legit now. except the setups probably suck balls still.

lain

Smash Master
LOL. also,

EVERYONE ****ING STOP PLAYING SNAKE. EFFING COPYING ME IS WHAT YA'LL ARE DOING.

'sides, i'm the best snake in the midwest. so don't even bother.

:colorful:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
talk about a back-handed compliment.
Eh, its moreso because you've shown me that MK's options are truly very limited in some situations, so predicting what he'll do is more of predicting when he'll do what you know is the only thing he can possibly do. Its moreso about the character than your playstyle, Rofa. Besides, you're definitely the best MK I've played since Vidjo ^_^'' (although I don't remember that match very well anymore)

Also, Lain, we should've stuck C4 to each other in teams. Double Snakes C4'ing each other? Thats fsking broken cause its so awesome.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
LOL. also,

lain you should back up that statement and mm my dedede =), and don't take 15-20 mins to set up the wii just like last time LOL

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
LOL. also,

List of Michigan Snake Players
SamuraiPanda - Original Snake main, picked up Snake before he was cool and happened to have a lucky pick, 'cause he got a top tier.

lain - Also plays Ice Climbers. Is most likely on a quest to break Brawl.

dingdong - Used to play Meta Knight and Game & Watch. lol, it's like switching from one Melee Sheik to another.

thax - Used to play Game & Watch and tried to pick up Mario? I guess none of those characters were iijii moudo enough for him.

Anti - One of the Melee Falcon mains who switched to Snake. This is a really odd trend but it happens often and I can't figure it out. Maybe because Falcon's awesome, and so is Snake.

Randizzle - Said something about picking up Snake back in UMB12, waited until the summer to do it, then ended up going to Texas.

Sandwich - Is much better off with Snake than he is with Luigi.

Anther - Only picks Snake when he's tired of winning.

Bowyer - Planned to pick up Snake in less than a day and place top three in a tournament, then left when he found out it wouldn't work.

RJ - Another Melee Falcon main. See Anti.

Hotarms - Pretends to play G&W, Pit, or DK.

Did I miss anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom