• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcing: The Official Smashboards / Wifi Wars Online Brawl Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer

To celebrate the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Smashboards and WiFi Wars are teaming up to offer gamers a huge online event. On March 29th and 30th (Saturday & Sunday), Smash Wars will give Smashers a chance to dominate the competition and battle to win prizes in the first-ever Smashboards-sanctioned event.

The Info:

Date & Times –

Pools
Saturday, March 29th
12pm Eastern/Mountain (based on region) – 9pm Eastern/Mountain

Brackets
Sunday, March 30th
1pm Eastern/Mountain (based on region) – 7pm Eastern/Mountain

Prizes –

Winners from each of the four regions (as decided in the elimination bracket) will receive:
A copy of Puzzle Quest for the Nintendo Wii
Custom user title and avatar on both wifiwars.com and smashboards.com
An interview with Wifi Wars that will be published on the front page
Admission to the Smash Back Room on smashboards.com

For more information, visit the thread in Smashboards' brand-new Online Tournament Listing room:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149095

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I've submitted my entree. Can't wait for this. The prizes sound awesome. You also get glory around the boards. You'll be well known if you win in your region.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Players outside the US and Canada are not eligible for this first event. However, we are investigating hosting events for Europeans and Aussies once the game goes live in those regions. Unfortunately, players outside of North America will not reasonably fit into any of the four regions planned for this first event.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
I'm in - is there any way to register as of now? I'm on wifiwars, and I didn't see anything.

Could I get some clarification?

Nevermind, figured it out.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Dugg and commented. Lets try to get this up on Digg and make this event even more epic than it already will be!

Fun-Gi

Smash Rookie
Sounds awesome, hope everyone participating enjoys themselves... now to wait for the Australian release, constantly being taunted by awesome tournaments held elsewhere :p

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Sigh... This is what sucks for the people who don't live in America.. Can't get to compete. Oh well At least there's online.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
I put my real name on the sign up as the name to be displayed.

Just change it to my Smash Boards user name if you can.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
people you sign yourself up go to the link in the first post then find the link to sign up and do it.

I wanna win this so I can be the "Protector of all things Yoshi" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom