• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Annoyed at the whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AetherIke

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry, this is something i need to get off my chest.

WHY are people whining about the roster?! The characters arent the most important
thing in this game >_<

'Amg clones and no megaman, so not buying this game now' Wtf..GTFO! D:

SSBB has great music, stages, stage builder, ****loads of stuff to unlock, a incredible story-mode, Wi-fi and more.
Why in Satans name are people actually NOT gonna buy this game because the roster
isnt how they wanted it? I,d like to see YOU do better.

Well, thats it. Hope some of the hardheaded people who read this see the error of their
ways and change their mind.

SiD

Smash Master
You know what the only thing I see more of than people complaining about the roster? People complaining about people complaining about the roster.

STFU NOOBS

Booshnig

Smash Cadet

WHY are people whining about the roster?! The characters arent the most important
thing in this game >_<

SSBB has great music, stages, stage builder, ****loads of stuff to unlock, a incredible story-mode, Wi-fi and more.
Why in Satans name are people actually NOT gonna buy this game because the roster

Well, thats it. Hope some of the hardheaded people who read this see the error of their
Characters are the core of Smash Bros' gameplay. Stages, music, and a 10 hour single player mode are all nice, but it's the characters that you'll be playing for the next 7 years that make the fighting what it is. The roster was arguably the most important thing to the majority of us, and the roster has ended up being a disappointment.

SiD

Smash Master
So you dont think its annoying how people are never satisfied?
A little. But I find it more annoying when a thousand people with 12 posts think they're all high and mighty by telling people they have no right to have expectations.

Booshnig

Smash Cadet

thing in this game >_<

Characters are the core of Smash Bros' gameplay. Stages, music, and a 10 hour single player mode are all nice, but it's the characters that you'll be playing for the next 7 years that make the fighting what it is. The roster was arguably the most important thing to the majority of us, and the roster has ended up being a disappointment.

I think it's pretty obvious why people are upset. If this roster is real (looks like it), they have every right to be.

***** double post :|*

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
You guys have to admit that after 3 years of development and 3 delays.. 35 characters.. which include clones
and a robot (lawl?) is a shortcoming.

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
nah the roster is ***. They add all this **** just to give us a roster that is not that interesting. Most characters were not a surprise, there were no female newcomers. Unlocking the characters is easy, u play through sse once and u have everything. And from what im hearing fox has 2 clones now. Personally i dont think clones are a bad thing... i just feel that with all teh work put into every other area of the game, they would atleast give us an agreeable roster . Id gladly give up the masterpieces for a few NEW characters. basically, everyone who has spent time looking endlessly into this game and plans on buying it has every ****ing right to complain, so stop making topics on how your annoyed people are complaining. You are worse and way more ****ing annoying than the people crying about the roster.

ps. dirge of cerberus was ***.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I buy the game for the characters. Sorry.

I don't understand some people... He's not giving us the game for free, why don't we have a right to be disappointed? We've waited some seven years for this game, of course we're going to be crushed when our favorite characters aren't in but unpopular ones that few people wanted are.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
You guys have to admit that after 3 years of development and 3 delays.. 35 characters.. which include clones
I dont. I cant wait to play as Pokemon trainer, Snake, Sonic and even Wolf, and offcourse Falco.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord

thing in this game >_<

Characters are THE most important thing. No one's not going to buy the game, we're just complaining.

And stop being whiny about people complaining.

Fawriel

Smash Master
thing in this game >_<
Yes. Yes, they are. They are the most important thing in this game.

The stages are there so you can jump around in them with your characters.
The music is there so you can have more fun jumping around stages with your characters.
The items are there for even more fun while jumping around stages with your characters.

I'm sure the voyeur community is very grateful for spectator mode, though.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
You know what the only thing I see more of than people complaining about the roster? People complaining about people complaining about the roster.

STFU NOOBS
A little. But I find it more annoying when a thousand people with 12 posts think they're all high and mighty by telling people they have no right to have expectations.
I agree with this..

..And this.

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
I for one think the roster is fine. I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't many female characters, but then again, there aren't any MAIN female Nintendo characters.

I don't wanna whine, Cos I don't wanna, so I'm not gonna. :laugh:

In the end only three characters will be played anyway. :p

Chilltownn

Smash Rookie
The roster's perfect. Just the right combination for me. Snake Sonic Pokemon Trainer and the Pikmin dude? Um awesome. The only two Nintendo characters I would have liked to see were Mallow and Geno, and I'm sure tons of people don't give a flying hoot about a SNES game released 15 years ago so no worries there. And those are the only two characters I could name from a Nintendo franchise that are currently left out. Maybe a Goron and a Zora...pretty much only Zelda games have decent characters. But K Rool? Another big green monster? Baby Bowser? That chick from Star Fox Adventures? Ever think some of your favorites were bad ideas to begin with and were quickly swept under the rug? Get some better taste.

There probably would be just as many complaints if character like Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Falco, Young Link, and Marth were left out. Yes, blame Nintendo for appeasing to their hardcore fans by bringing back the most popular characters from the last game.

Most of the complaints are just completely unjustified too. How many Nintendo characters do you really want? Probably wouldn't be satisfied until every last random character ever released on a Nintendo system was in there. Sorry, but MegaMan sucks. He bows down to Samus and the vastly superior Metroid series. Omgawds ROB and Wolf...those two characters drag the other 33 down with them. Get over yourselfs.

Hello Chilltownn,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Meet & Greet forum?

They might whine about Toad not being in the game though.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I'm currently just stuck in a stage of utter disappointment. The unlockables are terribly thought out. We have a brand new character (Wolf) who appears to be at least partially a clone. We have Falco and Ganondorf, still appear to be semi-clones. Yet they ditched one entirely original moveset, Mewtwo. Lucario seems to have taken his spot. Then we have ROB, who just invokes much anger and ire in many people.

I'd just like to know what Sakurai was thinking, giving three characters the same final smash. You'd think, the huge size of the team, the delays, the fan requests, he could have stuffed a few more in there. Or even changed the moves on some of the clones!

The illusion of Brawl being a perfect game is shattered. Brawl falls short for tournament people because there appears to be fewer advanced tactics. Brawl falls short for fans of characters because of the clones and lack of characters.

It's really kind of sad. Who wins? Collection nuts and casual gamers. Do you think we'll really care about the SSE once we get 100% completion on it? All we'll have left after awhile is the characters, and it seems we were kidding ourselves to think they'd learn from Melee.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
WHY are people whining about the roster?! The characters arent the most important thing in this game >_<
Many people think they are, so you can't blame them.

I'm sure the game as a whole is awesome, but the roster is a disappointment to many.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Okay then...

Super Mario Galaxy fails hardcore. You guys have to admit that after a long time of development and delays... only 2 characters... which include a clone since Luigi has the same moves of Mario with only different movement. Since stages are not important nor is music, the game sucks.

Okay okay, that was pretty bad... disregard that.

BUT, there's three things to keep in mind:

1. This same exact thing happened with Melee also, lots of people HATED the roster, ect.

2. Most fighting games nowadays have a number around this also, sometimes even less. Heck, GGXX:AC only has... 21 guys I think? I'm not sure, but it's in the 20s. Oh noes, that means the game is made of fail because there aren't that many guys! Now seriously, developers generally only go for a certain number of characters and not all they can cram in. Why? Because of BALANCE. While it's almost impossible for a game to be perfectly balanced, if they have more characters then they have the power to test a lot and balance out, the game can get ugly. Example? SSBM. Now let's look at Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution. THAT'S balance. There still is a tier list, but that game was balanced quite well. SSBM, however, had 6 clones, and not a lot of different guys were used in play.

Be honest with yourself, would you rather have 50 guys that are unbalanced with only 5 to 10 used in competitive play, and one single character that a newbie can start with and immediately start kicking butt with? I'm talking Sheik here, and remember, she was on the top for a long time.

3. The Dojo updates spoiled most of you. Seriously. LOOK at all the fan favorites that got in! King DDD? R.O.B. (I'm tempted to main him, I like the little bugger, although he isn't really a fan favorite..)? Pokemon Trainer? OLIMAR? LUCARIO? IKE?!?!?!? META KNIGHT?!?!?!?!? Geez, if you didn't know ANY of the roster before hand, you'd be flipping amazed I bet!

I mean, let's do the math here

26 guys in Melee. Let's cut Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Mewtwo. 22.

The total of guys to play in Brawl is 39 (Sheik, ZZS, PT).

39 - 22 = ..... 17..... 17 new guys! That's more new guys than Melee's 14! You guys just checked the Dojo a lot, so you knew most of the roster beforehand. Imagine if you DIDN'T know any of the roster beforehand! Again, plenty of fan favorites got in!

Also, keep in mind the ATs. You know, what they did to include characters that wouldn't be good to them as a PC? Oh yeah, Bosses too!

I wished a few characters were PCs, but after looking it over, I find the roster amazing. The number of stages is also staggering, and all the other stuff they cramped in? Amazing.

-----------------

In the end, it's just your view take on it, but I love the roster.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The roster's perfect. Just the right combination for me. Snake Sonic Pokemon Trainer and the Pikmin dude? Um awesome. The only two Nintendo characters I would have liked to see were Mallow and Geno, and I'm sure tons of people don't give a flying hoot about a SNES game released 15 years ago so no worries there. And those are the only two characters I could name from a Nintendo franchise that are currently left out. Maybe a Goron and a Zora...pretty much only Zelda games have decent characters. But K Rool? Another big green monster? Baby Bowser? That chick from Star Fox Adventures? Ever think some of your favorites were bad ideas to begin with and were quickly swept under the rug? Get some better taste.

There probably would be just as many complaints if character like Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Falco, Young Link, and Marth were left out. Yes, blame Nintendo for appeasing to their hardcore fans by bringing back the most popular characters from the last game.

Most of the complaints are just completely unjustified too. How many Nintendo characters do you really want? Probably wouldn't be satisfied until every last random character ever released on a Nintendo system was in there. Sorry, but MegaMan sucks. He bows down to Samus and the vastly superior Metroid series. Omgawds ROB and Wolf...those two characters drag the other 33 down with them. Get over yourselfs.

Hello Chilltownn,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Meet & Greet forum?

They might whine about Toad not being in the game though.
Your hypocrisy hurts me right here.

Also, you suck.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord

thing in this game >_<

If you honestly believe that characters are not the most important part of a fighting game, I'll just take that as you have never played a fighting game before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom