• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Banana/Peanut Gun Variation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Before I begin I would like to say that I did infact check the diddy boards and was unable to find anything about the subject matter. If I'm just repeating something than I apologize for the wasted thread.

Now onto the meat of this topic. At this point everyone knows that you can cancel the popgun by pressing shield, airdodge, or Z in order to throw the banana. Recently I was able to continuously perform a glide toss in whatever direction necessary out of a cancelled popgun. It is quite difficult at first simply because you still need to hold the B button through out the maneuver.

After picking up the banana you may start charging your peanut gun. While you do this, perform a roll. This part changes depending on what you want to do. If you plan on doing a glide toss in the same direction that you rolled, simply use the edge of your thumb to press the A button and you will still perform a glide toss in that direction directly out of the peanut gun. This is a little more difficult but quite possible. If you plan on doing a glide toss in the opposite direction from which you rolled, than you must angle the joint of your thumb over the C-stick in order to press in the direction needed during the roll.

I have found that using the edge of your thumb for the C-stick, it is possible to throw the banana in any direction except for upwards. That being said, not only can you glide toss bananas at your approaching opponent, but I found it is not too difficult to popgun cancel directly into a dribble.

Obviously this is a very usable technique when it comes to mindgames and having many answers to a situation. Personally I thoroughly enjoy popgun cancel to single dribble. :chuckle:

saberhof

Smash Master
so you are canceling the popgun with a roll??

maybe a vid, just to see how fast this works, cause i think i have been doing this or something similar, but i don't know what you are doing here

fZk

Smash Lord
This is known, I'm sure I've read it before and have been doing it for a while. If you can cancel anything with a shield then you can roll and glide toss out of it. Is the same with a dash, cancel the dash with shield, immediately roll and glide toss.

I don't remember where I saw this before, so it might be helpful for those who don't know this already.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Wait a second.

Ok, you cancel the pop-gun with a shield.....so isnt it kind of obvious you can glide toss from shield? Its just going from one thing to another.

It sounds like you overcomplicated things here. Still, I never really see it used--or use it myself--so I guess its worth noting.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
i understand that its coming out of the shield. but where I personally looked found nothing of people mentioning it. i wasnt really trying to make it a new AT so much as bring up technique that i was yet to see anyone even talk about.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I heard about this in the MK discussion when we were talking about how much the matchup would change if the MK knew all of Diddys banana tricks. I believe its just called a popgun canceled GT. Ive seen ADHD use it in some of his vids too.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yes it's known, discovered by NL and it has it's own thread on the boards months back, I use it every now and then, mostly against Sonics when I try to bait their spindashes.

Dekar173

Justice Man
As long as we're talking about popgun mix-ups, I'd like to mention this one:

On stages with platforms, you can mindgame your opponent into an easy spike using a popgun cancelled dthrow from midair, into a spike.

DJ from the platform and start charging the popgun, as they approach, popgun cnacel and instant throw the banana downward, then spike.

Situational, but it works when you catch them ;) I'll have a vid demonstration up sometime within a week probably.

Count

Smash Champion
I use it at least once a match, if it is against somebody who doesn't know diddy too well it is good for a long combo. Against MK you can bait the nado.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
As long as we're talking about popgun mix-ups, I'd like to mention this one:

DJ from the platform and start charging the popgun, as they approach, popgun cnacel and instant throw the banana downward, then spike.
DJ = ...?

also SH popgun cancel and then throwing your banana before you land is epic

Bellioes

Smash Lord
DJ= Double Jump
And I actually do SH peanuts a lot so I should probably start mixing this into my projectile game (whenever I wanna peanut gun cancel, its usually from the ground)

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
charge popgun with banana in hand opposite the other player, and when they come running at u, glide toss out of the shield towards them for some mind games

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hehe super mindgames would be to peanutgun cancel them into another peanutgun cancel :p it works!! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom