• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootsofjustice

Smash Rookie
Some stores also tend to have their own release dates for some odd reason. I know I had to wait until the 14th of November to get my hands on Super Mario Galaxy from my local Target. then again, that's only two days compared to a month...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I denied that the game would get delayed, but all signs pointed to it. All signs do NOT point to Brawl getting delated. Gamestop says they'll get it 2/07 and then hold it for street date. The official site DOES NOT SAY TBD like it did a day before the delay notice.

Chill out people!

Zodiac

Smash Master
Thats it, I'm going into deep meditation so that I wont have to suffer through all the rumors of delays and cut characters, so I'll automatically wake up when Brawl is a day away from release so I can line up at Gamestop or Game crazy to pick up my piece of happiness. Jya-ne

Sage07

Smash Apprentice
If there is going to be another Delay it will be annouced within the next couple days just a month before the release, almost the exact time frame of the previous delay.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
Did anyone also consider that for online release dates they could be for ordering online?

Plus Gamefly is rental. They have to stock up a whole lot more than what retailers get so they can hand it out to all the people requesting to rent it and probably not want to return it for a very long time.

Only reliable source for the release date is the Dojo, and therefore I would just worry about that, not rumors and speculation due to retailers.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
If there is going to be another Delay it will be annouced within the next couple days just a month before the release, almost the exact time frame of the previous delay.
You mean except for the fact that the previous delay was 2 months or so, instead of 1 month.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

it can't be true.....

we cannot stand it....we just can't

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Oh there will be. Only for him though. He can't have it until he cleans his room, does the yardwork, hauls out the trash, and cleans the gutters.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
LUE Links is definitely a great place to trust for the laughs. That's about how far I trust it.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Somebody came up to me today in school and said...

"Hey, did you hear about how they're delaying Brawl until March?"

I told him...

"They are not delaying Brawl. Brawl is coming out on February 10th."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. One hundred percent."

I stand by that statement.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I was asking about shipping stuff from Gamestop.com and i got this responce:
"...The release date is not set in stone
at this time and we are working with Nintendo for a concrete date, and
maybe a special delivery due to the high anticipation for this release..."
So there's a small chance it will be but I doubt it. I guess we'll see.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Somebody came up to me today in school and said...

"Hey, did you hear about how they're delaying Brawl until March?"

I told him...

"They are not delaying Brawl. Brawl is coming out on February 10th."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. One hundred percent."

I stand by that statement.
I also stand by that statement.

Sorry for the double post.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Please.....people, stop WORRYING! I am the appointed Smash-expert at my school, who always has the updates for the people who are too lazy to wake up early and will debate on any topic and win. (LOL, it's true) Everyone has been asking me about the delay! It is really started to annoy me! Unless we hear it straight from the Dojo, there is no delay. That being said, we will NOT hear it from the Dojo, because it isn't going to happen! The game has gone gold in Japan. I'm not sure if production is finished for US, but all that needs to be done is set default language to English, put it in a slighlty different box, and a few other minor tweaks. If by chance (and it is NOT going to happen), it got delayed, it would likely be a week at most. But folks, seriously, we're all just a lottle edgy. We've been waiting so long we can't (and, in some people's cases, won't) believe it is coming out in less then a month. Be patient fellow Smashers, soon Brawl will be ours! (Assuming you ordered from one of them sites with a March release date! :laugh:)

Guru_The1nOnly

Smash Cadet
What I know is, I have a pre-order and they're telling me I won't be getting it until March. One might possibly consider that a delay? The American version is definitely able to get a delay even if the Japanese game still comes out in time. Take a look at Dynasty Warriors 6.
Have you ever heard of a preorder backflow? The japanese are already almost completely sold out. When i preordered an xbox 360 too late they told me i wasnt getting it till a date a month after release, that still does not mean it was offically delayed. Walmart and retailers like that might not be getting it till march due to them ordering it too late.

C. White

Smash Rookie
When I finished my preorder, the staff at gamestop told me that they have heard rumors about a second delay. Whether they know anything or not, it still concerns me.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
The delay is a lie (just like the cake.)

I would only even CONSIDER believing it if the 2 sites didn't have CONFLICTING dates. If it was an actual delay, don't you think it would be an actual date, not just random days in March?

amost

Smash Apprentice
I just went to ebgames to preorder burnout paradise and I asked about the Brawl release. The dude said March 1st... I hope that's just eb being overly cautious.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
IF the OFFICIAL site does not include anything about "Another" delay, we're safe.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
They said that though they have received word to change the date, the store still says that the delay is not fact.
So the employees were told to change the date?

See? Retailers do things the business route. What you do is announce a release date, get preorders, then change the release date to later for those that don't have a preorder so they think "Looks like it'll come out later" because, obviously, preorders are backed up and there isn't anything they can do about it.

Instead of looking at it through "ALL of Brawl is delayed" that's the only reason its delayed by store.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
I just called NoA and a bunch of local Gamestops, Walmarts, GameCrazys, and Tagets. All of the places said Feb. 10th, with no indication of a possible delay.

Furthermore, the man from NoA said it would be Feb. 10th. He didn't even say "scheduled for release", he said "It will be out on the 10th of February." It makes me a bit more at ease.

Hope it helps others too!

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
I hope there's no delay. I believe there will be no delay.

But boy, if there is...so help Nintendo. I will curse them to heck. I'm sick and tired of this now. Us, Europeans, haven't even got a release date yet and if this delay becomes reality then I hope to god this does not have a knock on effect, pushing the EU release date back further. That would actually make me angry enough to just give up on the game. Of course, I wouldn't, however, I'd really want to *beep* up Nintendo.

plshrk729

Smash Cadet
no delay, still releasing on feb 10. my friend at Gstop said absolutely no more delays, just speculation. He's teh manager so he gets a lot of the inside feed from his boss

johniam22

Smash Rookie
Also for more proof, No More Heroes got pushed to an earlier date because of Brawl releasing Feb 10..

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Friend called me and told me to read the article... i read it and told him i hated him... I don't believe a word of it.

The only place to believe if there will be a delay is the Dojo... i won't check anywhere else.

Plus he basically said "told you so" cuz he did think there would be another delay.. and i would love to rub it in his face if he is wrong... and will hate his guts if he is right.

THERE WILL BE NO DELAY!! I believe that with total confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom