• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another of those "What If" questions

AlexX

Smash Ace
It's obviously not going to happen, but if they were to release another version of Brawl in a year or so, would you buy it?

When answering the question, please assume the following:
-A few more characters and stages added, none of the added characters being clones
-No stages or characters in the current one were removed
-None of the existing characters had any modifications to their movesets (possible exception(s) being stuff like the IC's chaingrab infinite)
-Brawl's physics remain (meaning tripping still occurs, L-cancelling still doesn't exist, etc.)
-Glitches such as Sonic's airtripping are fixed

Naybewon

Smash Ace
So...you're JUST asking would we buy another version of Brawl if it had more characters?

I guess so, yes. I'd like to be up-to-date with the most Brawl I can possibly get.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
sure. but I'd start to think they're being *******s if they don't put at least l cancel back in

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I would buy it, but just guessing, you probably would be unable to play against people using the older version, or maybe the new characters would be banned from online against those using the old versions, cause they would be unable to display the character.

BEES

Smash Lord
It could resolve some balance issues. Sonic needs a bit more power. Pikachu's down attacks are too quick and disruptive. Metaknight has a bit too much priority. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf need all the help they can get.

Shuma

Smash Hero
As long as Sakurai doesn't make it, yes, i would.

I don't whant more Sub**** crap or masterpieces or ****y stickers or that kind of ****. No, i just whant more characters, much more of them. And Popular ones, and if Sakurai isn't the boss, then that guarantess that the most popular chars will make it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
As long as Sakurai doesn't make it, yes, i would.

I don't whant more Sub**** crap or masterpieces or ****y stickers or that kind of ****. No, i just whant more characters, much more of them. And Popular ones, and if Sakurai isn't the boss, then that guarantess that the most popular chars will make it.
QFT

What would be the real selling point to me though would be if they add some features to WIFI or just brought back L canceling

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not called "Sonic's air trip". It's called "air tripping". We just don't have video proof of anyone else air tripping at the moment.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac and/or Ridley were added to the lineup, not only would I buy it, I would pay another $50 for it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If they release a new Brawl it would be like Melee's 1.1 and 1.2. Just to fix minor bugs.

AlexX

Smash Ace
It's not called "Sonic's air trip". It's called "air tripping". We just don't have video proof of anyone else air tripping at the moment.
Well, I just called it that since Sonic was the only one we have concrete proof of it for. I realize there's been claims with other characters doing it as well, but I have some friends who main a couple of the aforementioned characters supposedly capable of it, and they tell me that they have never had it happen to them.

AlexX

Smash Ace
And that is what we call it when a company sells out.
Erm... What?

This is purely a hypothetical question. It's not going to happen since Nintendo doesn't treat Smash like Street Fighter, but I was curious to know if people would still buy the series if they did.

Top Bottom