• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-marth?

Apples001

Smash Rookie
my friend just f-smashes,quick tap B, or counters, taps A like a ****** but it's so random i can't predict it, i know hes not planning any of it cuz he a ****** so and ideas or recommending a counter char? (yes i love marth kk but i hate mirror matches)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
or u have the hidden choice, and choose falco :p

and piss him off with lasers :D (shff btw)

Marthpaladin

Smash Rookie
This is something I see a lot. U can't use mind games on sum1 who blindly spams C-stick very well. The chances r if they r at this stage of ssbm, they will most likely fall for this:

dash in his melee attack range and then WD backwards quickly so he will probably miss so u can punish him. C-stick spammers get fooled by this trick often.

Falco's SHL destroy poeple like this too. Falco is a great character who isn't that hard to use, so he is one of the best choices.

C4-854

Smash Rookie
Falco pretty much makes everyone angry, unless you use him. Just keep flying lasers at Marth and then turn 'em into bird chow with combos and spike him off the edge

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes like flaco said, punish him for his missed attacks. Not only the fsmash that flaco mentioned, but also the neutral b and counter because they all are laggy moves to recover from. Use dash dancing a lot, dash in like you are going to attack and dash out, same with wavedashing; this might provoke him to use one of those moves than you can dash back in and punish him with a grab....or wavedash in with a forward smash, whatever. Just move around a lot and don't be predictable because it sounds like he is very predictable.

As for a counter character, because IMO marth dittos are pretty gay...I'd say sheik and falcon are the two characters in the game that have the upper hand against marth. Falco, despite what everyone says, really doesn't have an advantage against marth, it's a pretty even match and based on stage selection really.

Topide

Smash Cadet
Bowser rwarrr..
Trip him up with flame and then bodyslam him if he really is a ******..
Oh dear I don't know what I'm talking about..

Top Bottom