• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti Stalling Rule (Modified LGL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
10 min timer

LGL (if the match goes to time)

The LGL is determined by the amount of stocks the opponent took away from you. You will not be given extra ledge grabs for SDs

0 stocks = 15
1 stock = 30
2 stocks = 45

If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored (borrowed from Unity Set)

NNID
Budget_Player
What? Okay first of all this is stupid and unnecessary, second of all you make it very unclear what it even is. Jebus, I'm asking you this for your own good: stop trying to make up rules. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be an *******, but you're really, REALLY, REALLY bad at it.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
the amount of stocks you have remaining at the end of the match (if is goes to time) determines your LGL

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

You do realize this is WORSE than the current LGL, right?

At one stock each, you get MORE ledgegrabs to time someone out with!

I understand you're trying to prevent someone planking the whole match, by drastically reducing their allotted ledge grabs early in the match, but not only is this completely backwards, it's just plain dumb.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I don't get the point

Wouldn't all thi
s achieve is the same result as our current rules except people would SD just as the match ends?
/woo 10 minute timer though

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There's also the part where tournies have already finished in some guy's apartment with 8 minute timers. Yeah. How about no.

NNID
Budget_Player
Going from 8min to 10min is a fairly large jump for most TOs. There's a reason most TOs have not gone with a 10 minute timer.

Furthermore, this not only isn't necessary, but also really seems fairly senseless... How many time-outs do you see happen with three stocks left on each side? Seriously, it's just not a good idea.

NNID
Budget_Player
Not really, I'm just pointing out that when so many TOs find it hard to switch, and have trouble running tournaments with just 8 minutes without going over the time limits, one of a few things is happening:
1. Most TOs are incompetent
2. TOs are trading off a longer timer for more matches in the tournament/larger pools/whatever
3. Most tournaments do not have enough time budgeted in to begin with

3 is something that is very hard to deal with, due to travel times, inflexible schedules (remember how everyone had to be out of the location at Dogusch Smash by 2 on sunday instead of 6 as was originally planned?), to the point where I feel comfortable saying that it's an unfortunate fact of reality.
2 is actually a positive aspect, IMO, as even with 8 minutes very few games go to time, and allowing for more matches in the worst case scenario is generally a good thing.
This leaves 1... Which I simply don't believe is factual. This is throwing in TOs who have been hosting brawl for upwards of 3 years now.

IMO 2 is the most likely scenario, and to be honest I'd consider that a good thing. This is not an appeal to the majority; it's taking the data we have and applying it.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
"I was going for an F- tilt but instead I ate some food off the floor. Now I took a D-smash to the face " Seriously, did anyone even test that?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Totally worth it for people to stop crying about timeouts.

T-block

B2B TST
*notice the opponent has made 16 ledgegrabs*
*refuse to kill him*

If players can deal with chance of trip on dash, they can deal with chance of eating on attack.

Tesh

Smash Hero
*refuse to kill him*

If players can deal with chance of trip on dash, they can deal with chance of eating on attack.
THIS

Tripping is in, Pictochat is in. Sometimes random **** will screw up your animations, deal with it, this is Brawl.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
*refuse to kill him*

There are two players playing. If he won't fight you, then take him out. Tripping isn't something you can turn off (without the help of hacks). One **** up at one stock (eating food instead of tilting) can cost you the entire match because there is no second stock to make a comeback

@ Player-1, With a 10 min timer, this rule set can work

Tesh

Smash Hero
We can ban dashing.

Yea, but if we played 1 stock matches, it wouldn't be Bo3. It would be Bo7 or Bo9. So one unfortunate screw up is still 1/9th of the set.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
We can ban dashing.

Yea, but if we played 1 stock matches, it wouldn't be Bo3. It would be Bo7 or Bo9. So one unfortunate screw up is still 1/9th of the set.
Why would you ban Dashing?
Tilts still get ****ed up when you have random items appearing. If we turn on food, we might as well just turn on every other item

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nope, many other items offer too great a reward for something simple, without the great benefits of healing items against stalling.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Turning on food to prevent stalling forces you to play a completely different game from what we are already used to. The way I see it, it's no different from adding an air time rule.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
jebus, The MAIN problem with this ruleset is that it punishes you for being better than the opponent.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Not really Jebus, what you are suggesting is a worse version of what we already have. You want to punish people for playing around off stage to waste time. My rule is the same. Food doesn't spawn offstage and thus only a truly massive lead can be maintained without fighting your opponent.

My way just turns the current best strategy , hiding in the smallest, safest, most secluded corner, into one of the worst.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't understand why it would work with a 10 minute timer, combined with scrooging/sharking, you can have below 45 ledge grabs even though you've been planking and have a stock lead. The you just SD on purpose at the last 5 seconds and you still get the win.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
If anything,This rule set will at least force both players to try to take the fist stock from the opponent

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
And how many of these are there? It's so rare, it's not really a problem (I actually can't think of more than 2 instances of 2 stock timeouts.)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Plank VS daPuffster had very few LGs, yet was a 2 stock timeout. This can't prevent them from happening, and barely lessens it. Don't add rules unless they are required?

And timeouts aren't inherently a bad thing, unless you are looking from a crowd perspective, and then I can cite a billion other problems...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Plank vs daPuffster should not be used as evidence for anything. He clearly only timed him out to humiliate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom