• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any guides for SC?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
that's a ****ing joke klazart quit? who am i going to listen to now

someone give me recommendations, no one else is very good

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
I hate starcraft so much

I played for like a week, and learned how to maximize my resources and stuff, but I quit shortly after.

I realized how many years it would take me to become even half the level of the B koreans, so I quit.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I hate starcraft so much

I played for like a week, and learned how to maximize my resources and stuff, but I quit shortly after.

I realized how many years it would take me to become even half the level of the B koreans, so I quit.
stupid reason to quit
If you'll never be a B level smasher (Like not mango ken m2k) should you quit melee

Quit because its boring, not because its hard

pockyD

Smash Legend
I quit playing SC because to play well, it required too much intensity, and it frankly becomes less fun when you need to be 100% immersed in the game with no real payout for winning (if you care about shooting for a certain level on the ladder, it can be fun, but you can't really make yourself care)

30 minutes of focus was just too draining... and i didn't even really play at that high of an apm (like 120-150; I wonder how the **** pros can keep up 300 apm for hour-long games)

it's still incredible and fun to play a few times with friends though, and especially at LANs or at least with ventrilo so it feels like you're actually playing against a human being

Does somebody want to play Starcraft right now?
go to school!

D

Deleted member

starcraft is a huge time sink and can waste your life away in a similar fashion as WoW if you get too addicted

getting good enough to beat your friends and then playing casually is the way to go

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
stupid reason to quit
If you'll never be a B level smasher (Like not mango ken m2k) should you quit melee

Quit because its boring, not because its hard
well the thing is

I've been playing smash since I was a little kid joking around

so learning the new techniques wasn't too time consuming

starcraft is fun but I dont have years of my life to throw onto it lol

SORRY S2J lol

I was thinking about becoming the next S3J on SC but then changed my mind when I figured out how difficult the game is.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Don't know why but. The best way to get better is to learn some basic build orders and practice them as much as possible. Your main goal here is to have it setup like melee. You do things based on instinct because your foundation is super firm, aka you know BO's like back of your hand so you can adjust them based on the situation. Micro and Macro come with time so eventually you'll just feel it.

Practice BO's though. It' the only way to get good.

Watching videos can give you some cool ideas but learn some ****ing BO's and learn them well.

EDIT: And learn the basics of setting up Hotkeys. There's no right way, just do whatever's comfortable. Hotkeys > Select. LEARN THESE TWO THINGS. Everything you can do whenever, but these two things: Hotkeying and BO's are the most important.

Top Bottom