• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any known way to get out of Falco's chain grab before 50%?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Nope.

I sat down with someone the other day and just had him down throw chain grab me. I tried every thing, all DI, air dodging, pulling out a nade, shaking out of the grab. It's just too fast. I did manage to DI a little before 50%...maybe around the 4th or 5th throw, can't recall, but I think that was luck. You either hope the falco messes up, not likely, or don't get grabbed. All I can say is facing falco, shield drop nades for insurance when you see him approaching.

Xxll_The Boss_llxX

Smash Cadet
I played a Falco online today and that was basically all he did. I managed to cypher-fly out of 2 of the chain-grab incidences though. I dunno if i timed it right, got lucky, or he just messed up a little. But yeah the best offense against this is defense :p. Try as best you can not to get caught in that mess >.>

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Yeah... boss it was probably the lag that allowed you to get out of his chain grab.

Falco probably wont mess up because its pretty easy to chain grab but you can hope he trips =P.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
The only reliable method to get out of Falco's chaingrab is to unplug your opponent's controller and beat them into a coma.

qazqazqaz

Smash Rookie
doesnt just jabbing work? i've gotten out of falco's chaingrabs like this several times.

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
getting a solid counterpick sounds good. either that or camp like a bi tch. keep jumping, nading, c4ing. make sure you pick battlefield so you can keep him above you and exploit the awesome nair into platform

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
What I try to do is use the same command as if you were about to wave-dash. Hold the joystick the opposite way you're facing the opponent and press jump+r/l at the same time. I do it right after falco is done stuffing me into the ground and shooting. It works sometimes.

Top Bottom