• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any ROB player use Wii remote + nunchuck

unixphone

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I recently started using ROB, and I found using Wii remote and nunchuck seems Okay. I feel ROB does not require as much yellow stick as other characters (besides metal knight)

P.S. I cannot use game cube controller because of TV distance.

Ishoku

Smash Apprentice
c-sticking in the air is a must when controlling ur DI

and i believe c sticking for smash follow ups (such as spot dodge to dsmash and shield to fsmash) make it more efficient.

but i guess its possible to have a good ROB without c sticking, though gluck to that ROB in with the whole Aerial and DI thing (especially faring with backwards DI)

though no, i wouldnt use the wiimote :\

unixphone

Smash Rookie
well, you are indeed right... I can tell that I cannot "abuse" the down smash :(
lol maybe I should just get the wireless game cube controller

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
C stick is the yellow stick, and wavebird is the wireless gamecube controller (for future reference).

I've done it before. Wiimote+Nunchuck and GCN controller, either is fine for me (though snakedashing when I play Snake is harder with Wiimote+Nunchuck). You can also try the classical controller. (it hooks up to wiimote).

unixphone

Smash Rookie
I can do motar slides with gamecube controllers easily, but not Wii one. The main reason I stopped using Snake is because I usually play few hours in a roll, and motar sliding is kind tired.

I find ROB and Snake are both slow and full of mind games, such as ROB's laser beams and down air. :)

Lenvil

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I recently started using ROB, and I found using Wii remote and nunchuck seems Okay. I feel ROB does not require as much yellow stick as other characters (besides metal knight)

P.S. I cannot use game cube controller because of TV distance.
i've never heard of a metal knight. unless of course you're playing special brawl, you pick metal, and someone's META knight. now that's what i call a metal knight.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
It is hiiighly imperative that you use the c-stick with R.O.B. I didn't start getting better with R.O.B. until I realized the necessity of the c-stick. Instant downsmash for one, but aerial spacing is another huge consideration.

Zastrozzi

Smash Cadet
*raises hand*

I, too, use the Wiimote and Nunchuck set up. Mostly because all of my friends think its an abomination and I'm the only one WILLING to use it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you set the D-pad on the wiimote to function as a C-stick? Doesn't help much in a tournament situation, but it can help during casuals.

dr_nic

Smash Rookie
I am an ROB fan and I use the wiimote + nunchuck, with D-pad as smashes, ie. c-stick.
So my set-up has pretty much the same functionality as a g-cube controller.

I'm not sure why d-pad smashes would be bad for tournaments, in fact it seems better than g-cube to me since you can have your thumb on the d-pad and the a-button at the same time and you can jump at pretty much the same time as using the d-pad(c-stick).

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Maybe we could have a ROB unit play with the Wii remote + nunchuck.

Actually, I prefer the Gamecube controller since it is much easier to short-hop with it, and I am more familiar with it. I would use the Wii remote + nunchuck to goof around on a casual match.

Top Bottom