• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any smashers that listen to METAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
I started listening to classic rock music before metal. Lots of stuff like GnR, Queen, Rush, Motley Crue.

I don't download any music due to my stone age equipment, so I only use CDs. But I did eventually discover some really great metal bands. Iron Maiden is great. I only have the greatest hits CD, but that's usually how it goes for me. I don't usually have to CDs from on band. The only one I do have more than one of is Rush, because they're my favourite band. Anyways, I also like Metallica, but only have a couple songs by them, while hearing some other stuff from friends. The same goes for Ozzy and Black Sabbath.

My favourite metal band is gonna have to be Judas Priest, though. I love Hellion/Electric Eye, Ram it Down, Metal Meltdown(of course lol) and I think my favourite guitar solo of all my songs is the one from You've Got Another Thing Coming. Does anyone else LOVE the solo from that song?

The rest of the bands I like are Def Leppard, Led zep, Styx and ACDC. I'm probably forgetting some, though.
lol, I thought it was funny when I started to heard people refer to Van Halen as classic rock, now GnR & Motley Crue?
I don't really like the term, it does a bad job at really describing the music. It usually seems to mean 60s-70s rock. BTW, Guns N' Roses & Motley Crue would both be metal (to the dismay to some metalheads). Most of us would like to forget atleast 95% of 80s pop metal.

Seems like pretty much a lot of mainstream stuff, but they are popular for a reason (I will just ignore Styx :p)

Rush are awesome, I saw em last summer.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather see Iron Maiden this summer then Rush... and their shows are like 2 days apart or something from each other, so it would be sort of hard to hit both (both are pricey, Rush show is a lot further away and I already saw them on the Snakes & Arrows tour).

Then the "hardcore death metal" doesn't really seem to be any more of an act then pretty much any other rock band. Black metal on the other hand, it is funny what extent those bands go to out do each other and be more evil then each other. Alice Cooper had some funny commentary on it in some Metal documentary... I don't remember if it was Metal: A Handbangers Journey or whatever that one was though.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Rush AND Iron Maiden but I didn't know Iron Maiden was coming near me until after I already made plans with a friend to see Rush and I'm just a poor college kid after all :ohwell:

Psychoace

Smash Champion
GreatClayMonkey said:
me too and I love metal just not hardcore death metal cause that stuff is just an act the musicians put on.
Right....Burzum was just an act.
Then again if music isn't suppose to be an act then I guess concerts are pointless.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I like metal a bit.

I have really been listening to Sepultura a lot lately. VERY underrated band.

Edit: And to the people bringing up Rush, they are my favorite band ever (wearing a 2112 shirt right now :D). But they definitely are not metal. They're prog.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I luv Metal... Especially Thrash,Progressive and Power; and i play guitar.:chuckle:

My favorites are - Metallica(80s), Symphony X, Megadeth, Trivium and Yngwie Malmsteen.

I guess i'll have to count Crush-40 (SA-Sonic Heroes band.) because it sounds to me like Power Metal.

I also like other bands like Dream Theater, Slayer, Apocalyptica, Rob Zombie, Avenged Sevenfold, DragonForce but they are just not my favorites...

What i hate- Screamo(except for Trivium because they are just too awesome and the singer is really good when he is not screaming but then again Trivium is Thrash Metal so whatever...), Nu-Metal(St. Anger and Linkin Park ewwwww) and whatever kind of abomination Load and Reload are... (They sound like Country+Cheap Metal)

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Right....Burzum was just an act.
Then again if music isn't suppose to be an act then I guess concerts are pointless.
Like I said, black metal

also Mayhem were way more hardcore then Varg could ever wish to be. :p
and don't you go bringing up Varg being in Mayhem...

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNXusTDDXw
I thought I would bring up something smash related, listen to it!

Fumigator

Smash Rookie
Are you sure those bands are really death metal?
Yeah I know, they aren't really death metal, some power metal and melodic death with some viking and folk etc. but for a quick hobknob list to help new people I suppose it'll do.

Yes I do listen to Symphony X. Maybe I'll post my gigantic list of bands I listen to if I can find it on my other computer.

I went to see Rush on the Snakes and Arrows tour, loved them. I live in Salt Lake but I'm working in Chicago this summer and plan on seeing Maiden there, I'm soooo excited. Seeing Maiden live is one of the things I've always wanted to do before I die.

The Director

Smash Lord
OMG love metal.

My cable is hooked up to my surround sound system, so when I'm playing Brawl sometimes I'll just mute the game and put the music channel for metal on and just listen while I play.

It's great when you're wrecking with DK. He's so brutal.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ill post a little list to sum up some of the metal I listen to.

Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Beyond Within
Cacophony
Children of Bodom (Before are you dead yet)
Decapitated
Dissection
Dream Theater
Epica
Fragments of Unbecoming
Illnath
Into Eternity
Jason Becker
John Petrucci
Kamelot
Lamb of God
Metallica (Before Load)
Necrophagist
Nevermore
Quo Vadis
Rusty Cooley
Shawn Lawn
Symphony X
Trivium (Older)
Warmen
Yngwie Malmsteen

Thats just from the top of my head. I sometimes feel as if I'm the only peach player who isn't partially homosexual haha.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
ignore him and report his post, he will be banned

also, nice list niko.

Any body a fan of 3 Inches of Blood?

SilverWyrmling

Smash Rookie
I'm quite the black metal junkie. I listen to a lot of fairly obscure bands such as:

(V.E.G.A.)
Paysage d'Hiver
Wolven Ancestry
Sombres Forets
Gris
Darkspace
Ravencult
Strid
Kinstrife and Blood
Frozen Shadows
Forest of Fog

I also listen to some fairly popular bands such as Burzum, Windir and Summoning.

Keep in mind this is just a small selection of what I listen to. My collection of black metal is pretty big :)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
You can't kill the metal the metal will live on. Metal is the **** nothing like a bit of metal to get you pumped up to play brawl.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Metal is my life.

Heres a few of my fav bands

PANTERA(the best)
Judas priest
Iron maiden
Lamb of god
Tony mc alpine
Metallica
Avenged sevenfold(well the guitar work anyway)
3 inches of blood
Down
Priestess
Thin lizzy
Slayer

loads more but these are my favorites.

marioxmaiden

Smash Cadet
Ah i Thought this topic died a long time ago. well it's nice to see Metal Head smashers around these parts especially when i am the only Metal Head in Brooklyn (at least that is what it feels like)

Basara

Smash Rookie
Metalcore , Numetal , Glam metal = No metal , posers

Folk/viking , Black , Death , Progressive , heavy , Power , Doom , Gothic , Thrash = Real Metal genres , for more information visit www.metal-archives.com..........

Of course metal is my life , STAY METAL WTF

PD: Kirby metal till the end¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
I like to listen to metal
my fave is slipknot which is like a new kind of metal
btw marioxmaiden how has this thread not been locked yet i mean if i ut this up it would be locked in 3 seconds

6footninja

Smash Ace
-Metallica
-Slayer
-Megadeth
-Lamb of God
-Amon Amarth
-All that remains
-KillWhitneyDead
-Slipknot
-Throwdown
-Killswitch Engage
-Clutch
-System of a Down

Lots of others, metal isn't the only genre I listen to though. Instrumentals own metal anyday in my book. Especially when combined with distored instruments (such as modern overdrive guitar) and heavier, more rockish basslines. Like the "aquatic ambience" cover from DKC. Or Bramble Blast ( me and a friend are planning on covering it).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Metallica, Iron Maiden, Coheed and Cambria (metal ish. >_> I'm looking at Welcome Home), Dragon Force, and Elvenking to name a few.

I'm also a fan of Classic Rock; Boston, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult.

The list of music I like goes on. I like just about anything except this new age punk/emo crap, rap, hip hop, and country.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Classic Metal and power metal are AWESOME. This new screamo and hardcore **** is AWFUL. Seriously, Cookie Monster vocals and Pterodactyl vocals require NO talent. Neither does just banging the **** out of your instrument. I hate that people call it metal. Worship the true metal trinity. Sabbath, Priest, Maiden.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Symphonic and neo-classical are where it's at.

There are also a lot of good int'l metal acts out there: Dark Moor (Spain), At Vance (Germany), Royal Hunt (Denmark), Dir en Grey (Japan), there are many others I didn't list. IMO most of these bands are better than current U.S. metal (emphasis on current).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom