• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any specific combos in top for doubles?

Cloudsan

Smash Cadet
A friend of mine and myself joined up on gamebattles.com for some doubles, but we are wondering, is there any good combinations we can use? I know I'll be playing Marth, and he doesn't care who he plays.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
If you're going to play as Marth, then you might as well have your friend play whomever.

Marth works fine in doubles, but in my opinion, there isn't much of anything that's special about him paired off with certain characters.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I main marth and I play him in doubles as well. I actually think a marth/zelda team would be good, but that's just my personal opinion.

EarthWindandFire

Smash Rookie
Maybe Mario can be your friend's main. A Mario using FLUDD on your midair, edgeguarding
Marth can mean extra range.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
this.

Also, the main thing in teams in the "infinite grab release". One dude grabs the opponent, smacks him until he lets him go, and the other guy grabs him before he has any chance to recover. Repeat.
Hard to pull off sometimes in the lag. They are on gamebattles.

I would suggest your friend to lolimar and spam smashes, but thats just my limited experience with gamebattles >_>

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yea, I do infinite **** all the time on teams... Do you do it on teams online? He is doing gamebattles.
I have although not to rest. Rest is way too risky for online. But I can still do infinites. At low percentages I hold down shield and just keep on pressing A online if its laggy. It works well enough and so it gives both players an infinite way to do until their shields come under pressure, but by that time hes got huge damage.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I have although not to rest. Rest is way too risky for online. But I can still do infinites. At low percentages I hold down shield and just keep on pressing A online if its laggy. It works well enough and so it gives both players an infinite way to do until their shields come under pressure, but by that time hes got huge damage.
Never thought of that.

Hey, Cloudsan, does gamebattles 2 v 2 have team attack on or off? If it has it off then there are many, many, many things you can do to get a leg-up.

If it is on I would say the most important thing for you to learn now is spacing rather than combos or gimmicks.

Gl with the ladder =]

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Never thought of that.

Hey, Cloudsan, does gamebattles 2 v 2 have team attack on or off? If it has it off then there are many, many, many things you can do to get a leg-up.

If it is on I would say the most important thing for you to learn now is spacing rather than combos or gimmicks.

Gl with the ladder =]
It should have it on. If not, then go for grab hold to Falcon or Warlock Punch or Ike or DDD F-smash

linkmaster71

Smash Rookie
Sometimes a friend and I use Ness and Marth. He uses PK fire to hold them for a little bit, then I can get a sweetspotted, fully charged smash or neutral B.

Just putting it out there.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Nah, a great team is G&W and Falco. Both are good characters and can more than hold their own when you split up 1v1. However, he fires lasers into G&W's bucket and *****. Its really quick to fill the bucket with Falco and so you can get it off many times per match.

Nica K.O

Smash Cadet
Me and some friends make a combination of marth with samus/snake/ or kirby

Me using marth and my partner with samus managed to connect a DB down into a spike or charged shot...we mix it up from there
But with me using marth I'm mainly the one who handles the kills however that's just me

MBreeto

Smash Ace
CO18 just put up a post called "the MOCKo Combo". Check it out. You need a D3 and Wario to pull it off

hyperstation

Smash Lord
There's only one correct answer. GANON + SQUIRTLE.

I submit PLUR's video as proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvaGHHZNO_Y

Skip forward to about 7:20 and watch the last stock unfold. The sound effects that PLUR makes IRL are absolutely necessary for this team to be effective.

EDIT: MOCKo COMBO...Oh. Em. Gee. o_O

Gindler

Smash Champion
I like Ness and MK. PKT2 after they pop out of the tornado is always good, and you can't argue with a bthrow that kills in the early 100s

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
characters like snake or yoshi have no reliable infinite grab release combos. the reason being; its easy to jump break out of them
and gnw buckets never work so quit bringing them up

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
your partner should be Sheik.. =P

both fast..=D
and can do multiple combos
(well I can w/ Sheik)

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Well if ur friend can play as kirby this is what me and my friend do sometimes..but it doesn't always work..but when it does..its Beautiful!

Have Kirby do an up throw that will send ur opponent pretty high off the ground... the moment kirby lands with the throw have marth do a full jump to Dair and it will spike em off the ledge.(This must be done next to the ledge). Once again you have to time it right..but when u get it right..its fun:)

TM29

Smash Rookie
My friend and I rock either marth-pika or marth-wario. marth edgeguards and kos while th other player racks up fat damage

Gindler

Smash Champion
characters like snake or yoshi have no reliable infinite grab release combos. the reason being; its easy to jump break out of them
and gnw buckets never work so quit bringing them up
Yoshi has one on wario....soooo....yeahhhhhh

But the bucket thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukgzgPPHq1c

Yeah as long as you stay near 1 of them it doesn't work, hence why I find it too overrated.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Simple ones are the ones where you or your partner grab someone and keep hitting.
Like DK Punch work cuz the oponent is stuck.
So yeah in my opinion a Marth is good with an semi-pro DK. DK can be your shield meanwhile you can racks up damage with Marth, and then both can score a KO.

Top Bottom