• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Any tips for beating All-Star on Hard with Olimar, Ness, or Villager?

kubricklynch

Smash Rookie
Those are the only three characters I have yet to beat it with. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
My personal experience with these three:

• Olimar's side tilt is a good KO move in All Star. Projectiles are really weak on our end for whatever reason, so don't expect too much from his smashes. I stuck to aerials and tilts.
  • Villager was the worst for me, because crowd control was really difficult (and I just cannot play Villager). The axe, side tilts, nair, and up/down air will help out. Lloid Rocket is good for KOs if Villager is riding on Lloid since iirc it counts as a physical attack.
  • I used Ness's up and down smashes a lot to keep from being dogpiled by the AI, and spammed PKT2 for quick kills. There were also back and up airs galore. The side smash is also useful for KOs, and reflecting projectiles is a nice touch for a mode where the enemy's projectiles are deadly. I wouldn't try to rely on it too much though.

The rest of it boils down to getting good stages (this might be personal preference, but I consider getting Pac Land or Flat Zone a blessing on All Star) and not getting overwhelmed by the spamfest of Link/Zelda/Samus

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I'm not an all-star expert by any means, but Olimar, Ness, and Villager are three of my top four favorite characters, so I have a little experience playing with them in and out of all-star mode.

I think CannotGrasp made some good points already. My experience was a little different, but I feel like a lot of that is due to personal preferences more than anything else.
  • Olimar: I actually found using smashes to be pretty effective on Olimar's hard all-star mode. His side smash has pretty good range and can be used to build up damage and do crowd control when a bunch of coms are walking your direction (which they seem to do a lot in all-star in my experience, even if it means walking into a charged up smash move). I've found using a side smash followed by a quick side tilt in the other direction to be an especially good way to get coms out of your face. I mostly relied on up smash and side smash as my KO moves.
  • Ness: I agree with CannotGrasp about PKT2 (PK Thunder missile) being a quick and easy way to get KOs. It's sort of dangerous on some stages, but I've found that if you focus on launching yourself towards the middle of the stage, it won't put you at as much of a risk of falling. PK Fire followed by side smash is a combination that seems to work well too, so that's what I'd recommend when you have less space to work with because of the stage they give you.
  • Villager: I use Villager regularly and still found clearing all-star mode on hard with her to be a bit difficult. My basic strategy was to wait on the edge of the stage, quickly grow a tree and chop it once, chop it down when coms come near, and then roll to the other side of the stage and repeat. I've found that firing off a Lloid Rocket (without you on it) can sometimes help with crowd control between trees. That said, a reflected tree can really hurt, so it's probably a good idea to be extra careful around characters with projectile reflecting moves. Villager's up-smash and side tilt are some other moves that I think can be pretty helpful on all-star.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Olimar took me more tries than any two other characters combined. Best I can say is spam Fsmash UNLESS you're against a reflector character, in which case spam fair or nair.

For Ness, uair, fsmash (except against counter characters), and PKThunder 2 are all good options.

For Villager, spam the tree.

Top Bottom