• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any tips on how to make nana short hop right after down throw?si

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
since i have to jump and c-stick down quickly i ALWAYS press to hard -.- and the chain grab doesnt work... like how chudat does it.

any tips? been trying for weeks

Vts

Smash Champion
since i have to jump and c-stick down quickly i ALWAYS press to hard -.- and the chain grab doesnt work... like how chudat does it.

any tips? been trying for weeks
press down on control stick short hop then press a and its the same as pressing c-stick.

might be easier for you.

i use x and slide my thumb off it to the c-stick.

then again my hands are rather fast :S

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
press down on control stick short hop then press a and its the same as pressing c-stick.

might be easier for you.

i use x and slide my thumb off it to the c-stick.

then again my hands are rather fast :S
ohh nice will try that!!

edit it doesnt work since nana needs to di SLIGHTLY in the direction you are facing... :( i use Y...

i tried x slide to cstick down but i cant get nana to just shorthop where she is almost touching the ground... it doesnt work on cpu 6 falcon ...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I was in your same boat a couple months ago.

It is HARD and I still mess it up. I find it far easier to short hop normally than short hopping nana for dthrow dair (although it is all in my mind).

I am able to do it now by pressing jump slightly before I need to, then hitting down on the cstick so that motion doesn't have to be as fast. This helped, along with just constant practice. That's what it takes. Practice. You will get it if you keep it up I promise.

Shy Guy!

Smash Journeyman
what i do is after down throwing with popo, hold the control stick down and shorthop with nana and press A. since you're already holding down shelll do the D-air for you. If you need to, angle it slighlty left or right and she'll jump a little more whichever way.

i think, Im not near a controller lol

Binx

Smash Master
press down to start the throw then as quickly as possible short hop forward with nana and c-stick down while holding forward on the control stick, you don't need to try to L cancel.

Just keep practicing til you can do it fast, its just like typing, no one starts out typing 60+ words a minute, its the continued act of typing that teaches your hands to move faster.

Top Bottom