• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any way whatsoever to disable Tap-jump?

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
After being used to being able to quickly hold up to pull off tilt attacks, going back to either buffering it or actually tilting it is becoming frustrating. Is there any way whatsoever to disable it? Any kind of mod or something? I haven't found anything and was wondering if anyone else knew something about it.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Just hold up on the analogue stick when you plug in your controller. :troll:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Technically it DOES prevent you from tap jumping...

But jokes aside, if you're coming from Brawl (which I did), you're probably familiar with the buffer system. If you can buffer moves in Brawl, then learning to buffer the analogue stick for your tilts shouldn't be difficult.

SSS

Smash Ace
Lol I came from Brawl and I had my controls all switched around. i made my Y grab and my Z jump. You have no idea how frustrating it was starting out at melee and trying to punish a shield with a short hop.

Sheepolution

Smash Rookie
I think it's insane how pros can have so much control over their controller. You're in the finals, every movement you make is extremely important, and they still can calmly, slightly, slowly, push their control stick upwards, and press A ( but not too quick! ), to get an up-tilt.

Or is it simply holding up during a wavedash/landing to get an up-tilt as soon as the lag is finished?

Top Bottom