• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anybody that uses b-stick?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i'm a Lucas mainer that uses b-stick, i have 2 profiles, one with b-stick (for Lucas only) and the other one for every other character. Yesterday i tried to play with b-stick as Toon Link (my secondary) and i like it a lot:

- gain wavebouncing with his boomerang and arrows, not as long as Lucas' but still it works
- take a bomb out in mid air without fast falling accidentally
- easier to start that bair combo using the auto-RAR
- no more accidental dairs (it has happened sometimes, i wanted to fair with the c-stick, but i miss and i made a dair, now, if you miss, you take a bombo and can recover easily)
- uses his upB in the ground without jumping (but not charge the attack), for those that plays with tap jump.

i think the cons are the same for Lucas, harder to control DI for earials and chance of tripping on forward smashes (due to smashed analog stick) (quote from Tyr_03), but i can live with that

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
I was once a B-sticker but no longer. I'll admit that instant bombs were useful, but I find it much better to have a Usmash at the ready for when I'm dashing. RARing is easy enough to learn, so it's not feasible to use the auto-RAR defense (trust me, I tried that). For wavebouncing, I haven't tried it personally, but from what I understand you don't get much distance, and if you need to cancel on the ground, just air dodge or tether cancel before you hit to cancel all landing lag.

zaf

Smash Lord
i'm a Lucas mainer that uses b-stick, i have 2 profiles, one with b-stick (for Lucas only) and the other one for every other character. Yesterday i tried to play with b-stick as Toon Link (my secondary) and i like it a lot:

- gain wavebouncing with his boomerang and arrows, not as long as Lucas' but still it works
- take a bomb out in mid air without fast falling accidentally
- easier to start that bair combo using the auto-RAR
- no more accidental dairs (it has happened sometimes, i wanted to fair with the c-stick, but i miss and i made a dair, now, if you miss, you take a bombo and can recover easily)
- uses his upB in the ground without jumping (but not charge the attack), for those that plays with tap jump.

i think the cons are the same for Lucas, harder to control DI for earials and chance of tripping on forward smashes (due to smashed analog stick) (quote from Tyr_03), but i can live with that
It is very hard to wavebounce with b-stick and get a arrow out since the boomerang comes out almost always. Plus TL's boomerang isnt as advantageous as lucas's pk fire with the b-stick.

I almost never fast fall when i am taking out bombs.

it is very easy and simple to do a RAR with any char, and if you SH and use the c-stick to bair ( pressing the opposite direction you are facing on the c-stick) with TL it is the exact same way.

i never do a dair when going for a fair with the cstick. i have steady thumbs and i have played with TL since the launch and i am just so used to his play.

i dont think any one plays with the tap up.

TL isn't really a char to benefit from this. USing your c-stick for fast smashes is much, much more advantageous. I think the b-sticking is really only for lucas players, who are willing to give up that technique for quick smahes.

nukethemall73

Smash Cadet
it would seem so prOAPC :p

i just find that running upsmashes on the Cstick are too useful to sacrifice, and also makes TLs forward smash easier. also, personally i dont think ive ever fast fallen by mistake whilst pulling out a bomb and RAR is easy once you get learn it. i dont think ive ever messed up a Fair by doing a Dair, and i only ever use my Cstick for the Bair anyway. i dont think ive ever met someone that uses tap jump... so im not seeing any pros here, and quite a few cons... maybe you should try more with smashes on the Cstick and see if you like it more than Bstick?

Darkurai

Smash Master
I tried B-sticking, but then I found that neither Marth nor Ike actually has any use.
So, I had no reason to use it. Since I'm too lazy to switch it now and then, I don't use it with Toon Link.

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
b-stick is mainly for lucas. I tried it for a while as much as I liked the auto-rar I missed the smashes to much and found a flick to do a smash is better than flicking into b-airs. there are effective ways to do b-airs without auto-raring. plus raring isn't that hard w/o the b-stick.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I use the B-Stick. And I main Diddy and Toon Link, who don't really seem to have much of a use for it. :p

The main reason I use the B-Stick is because I never used the C-Stick in Melee to do smashes/aerials anyway. I was fast enough with my fingers to do A attacks normally. :)

Though after a lot of time using the B-Stick configuration, I've found all kinds of uses for it besides the ones people usually talk about. its just really handy for a variety of different tactics, if you can play without the Smash-Stick.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i used the c-stick in melee, only for down smash and dair, now i use b-stick, only with lucas and toon link (i also play with ness, samus, and mario, but with c-stick). With Toon Link and b-stick, i try always to have a bomb in the hand, for me is much faster to take out a bomb. I can do the run+up smash easily without the c-stick, and i use the b-stick to run+upB. I don't use toon link's smashes too much, only when the enemy is 100%+

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, smash-forward and smash-down are really his only kill moves. It is best to never use them until your opponent is at high damage.

Top Bottom