• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Care to brawl me?

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Hello, im new to this site. My main is mario and im hoping to learn some stuff from everyone who brawls with me, and meet some new people.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
You're not allowed to make threads like this...

There's a temporary Friend Finder in the Online Discussion Forum, there're a lot of people who'll want to fight there.

Also, welcome to SWF. Don't spam, don't flame, and don't insult FLUDD. This is the crux of survival.

Go easy on 'em, Matador... :chuckle:

Dory

Smash Journeyman
guys really?... do this on the sticky friend finder thread thingy >.>

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
I don't know whether to welcome you or to tell you to go somewhere else....

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
I dont hate them but i dont love em. They are good to test you and how well you know the character you are playing.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I learn too much from dittos to possibly hate them. My Mario is a WC3 abomination. It's composed of a little of every Mario I've ever played.

Boss, Boshi, Jo~P, Skyler, BoX7, Hardgainer, BigB...too many to name.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Character dittos are stupid in Brawl. Except for Falcon and Ganon dittos really. XD

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I hate dittos...
This. Well, I don't hate 'em, but I'm awful at them, especially Ness dittos. Sonic dittos are the most fun, though.

I don't think ever done a Mario ditto, though... that would be, like... Cape overload.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
I don't think ever done a Mario ditto, though... that would be, like... Cape overload.
or spike overload *cheezes really hard at matador*

but i really dont mind mario dittos. for a while thats all i got to fight and it builds a really high understanding of mario. remember that saying "you are your worst enemy"? if your mario and get ***** by someone elses, u should look at what your doing wrong, what there doing right, and improve. and i dont mean copy. i said improve lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
or spike overload *cheezes really hard at matador*
I can't find that damn Lylat match. You still got it? I may need you to resend.

but i really dont mind mario dittos. for a while thats all i got to fight and it builds a really high understanding of mario. remember that saying "you are your worst enemy"? if your mario and get ***** by someone elses, u should look at what your doing wrong, what there doing right, and improve. and i dont mean copy. i said improve lol
Pfft, I copy. I stole your SHNair first time we played, and Fair during recovery that 1 time XD

Don't worry...it went to a good cause.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Pfft, I copy. I stole your SHNair first time we played, and Fair during recovery that 1 time XD

Don't worry...it went to a good cause.[/QUOTE]

Is SHNair (short hop neutral air?). Just curious, im kinda new to these acronyms still :confused:

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I usually fireball when I attempt to recover for a safe landing.. but if I see my opponent jump out after me, I throw out a fair and pray :]

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Jumping is all preference, most people tap the jump button though, either X or Y.. I use the one that's far right, I think that's Y? lol...

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Jumping is all preference, most people tap the jump button though, either X or Y.. I use the one that's far right, I think that's Y? lol...
Interesting. Ya i tap jump too. Although i use X. I was just curious on whether or not their was some sort of unknown benefit from jumping using analog stick or not?

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
I tap jump....but everyone that's seen me play knows I hold the controller really weird.
LOL @ matador...too many inside jokes

but nah man copying people aint cool lol, but i guess its natural. ya just see someone constantly kicking ur @$$ with something, and ur like §hit, i gotta do that more often!! and boom. a legacy is created. lol

i would say i created the SHNair approach, but eh...thats a little extreme no?

p.s. has anyone even played this guy yet? lmao

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I played him, we had some nice matches but the connection was only decent.

Edit: Meh, this is the playground. This is what we do. Exchange knowledge, think of new ways to play Mario, make and watch vids. Then we get out to the real thing...and make 35 off MMs ^_^

I dunno why that makes me so happy. I didnt even get to place XD

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Me and matador played some matches but as he said the connectinons wasnt the greatest :ohwell:. I wouldnt mind playing any of u guys in a ditto match or whatev just pm and ill take you on.

Top Bottom