• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else loathe FD now?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
^haha, very true. I don't hate FD, but any stage without a platform should be a CP IMO.

Lithos

Smash Cadet
I don't mind it too much, but I prefer BF and SV nowadays. Final Destination is somewhat overpicked, considering it's not what it used to be.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
If it weren't picked so often on WiFi I'd be fine with it. But since most of my matches are on WiFi, I've taken it off my random stage selector.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I too hate the new Final Destination. The outer edge is a bit of a pain, but it's just SO SMALL. It doesn't seem epic anymore. Battlefield is the way to go for that.

Zeldar2992

Smash Rookie
Fd is WAY overused of WiFi Matches. Quite frankly, when I play on WiFi, I pick stages i haven't played in a while. But it drives me crazy whenever I have 2 or more matches in a row on FD. But I like final Desitination for it's epic music and awesome background.

Krakatoa

Smash Cadet
Fd is WAY overused of WiFi Matches. Quite frankly, when I play on WiFi, I pick stages i haven't played in a while. But it drives me crazy whenever I have 2 or more matches in a row on FD. But I like final Desitination for it's epic music and awesome background.
You have not played in Mèxico, the best players JUST choose Final Destination, only the few Mexican pros choose another stage...but I'm not pro so I get stuck playing just FD, I miss BattleField...

~rh

Smash Lord
Eh. It can be a pain when you upb recovers with Marth and he goes under. That ****'s annoying, especially if you're playing a scrub.

But eh, I'll play on it, just like everyone else.

JasonLovesKelsey

Smash Rookie
:mad:**** Final Destination. **** IT! **** IT! **** IT! TO HELL WITH IT! :mad:

I hated it cause everyone chose it in Melee and now they do it in Brawl. Stupid Fox/Falco/Wolf/Pit/ users ****ING camp. I NEVAR play it. My friend once told me it's the only "fair" stage. I proceded to ****ING stab him with a ****ING knife.

/slight exageration.

Kylex Brawl

Smash Rookie
I always think that FD is the worst stage.... not really... lol, but still it's death for marth players. I always hate when your opponent just throws u in that little gap so u use ur up B b4 it's too late but end up just hitting the bottom of the stage, DEATH!!!!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
its fine. learn how to recover. its BRAWL. recovery is easy. only time i get gimped is if my opponent mindgames me, in which case he deserves the kill

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like FD in brawl. The look of the stage and the music are great but it's the stupid lip that does it for me. All of my mains save for Lucario can be gimped by the lip. (Lucario, Zelda, Ganondorf, Mr. G&W, Snake)

wangston

Smash Lord
It gets annoying when people pick it all the time on wifi. It's a good stage there is just no need to play it every match.

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
Meh, I personally like FD. I love the design of the stage, and the music is awesome. It's just been once or twice where I couldn't recover because I was below the lip of the stage. But with Lucario, just stick to the wall and problem solved :p It's not my favorite stage, but I don't hate it either.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
I liked FD in Melee. I liked it at first in Brawl, especially the music. But now I've grown to hate it for one big reason....People pick the god **** place over and over and over, because of that I've grown to hate the stage.

Raidein

Smash Cadet
Dude I went to this f'ing stage 6 in a row one time with R.O.B. (won all 6 btw :p) and was F'ING.....PISSED....>_<*

Ok If you have to switch all other stages "off" just so you can get this your f'ing gay.....It makes me cringe when I see the same blue and black scenery before "3, 2, 1, GO!"

Seriously, are ppl like: "OOooOOOoh!!!! :psycho: tHIS Is cALLed "FINAL DESTINATION!!" :psycho: wHere da MOst EPic baTTLES take PLace!!!!111 :psycho:. THIS IS SPAAARTAAA!!!.:psycho:......OH I dOn't LiKe oTHer StaGEs BeCAUse tHey'VE Got hAzArds mY pATHETIC Azz cANT avOID :urg:...."

Ofcourse it is the only flat surface stage where people grow accustomed to training on....*sigh* whatever :rolleyes:

Llumys

Smash Champion
Augh.

I hate FD a lot now. I've died so much because of Marth's dolphin slash and Ness' aerial jump being gimped by the ledge. It's a little smaller, and since camping is more effective in Brawl, the lack of platforms can get annoying.

M@v

Subarashii!
I love Final destination. My 2 mains, fox and Mk, got no trouble getting out from under. Fox can curve his firefox in this game to get out, and mk can just fly.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Final Destination is still my favourite stage for the simple level design and lack of platforms. The lips don't bother me too much considering you shouldn't get caught under there unless you DI'd poorly or D3/Kirby decided to spit you out under the stage. I actually think the lack of platforms makes it easier to approach campers: with the platforms on levels such as Battlefield and Lylat Cruise an opponent can camp, then attempt to juggle you once you are above the platforms -- with Final Destination there isn't a need to worry about platforms potential junking your approach.

And did I mention how much I absolutely ABHOR Battlefield?

Top Bottom