• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone have any online frustrating/embarassing/regretful experiences to share?

Zekirra

Smash Rookie
I think sharing this will get this off my chest.

I was playing online as Wolf and ended up in sudden death. I defeated my opponent and he was flying away as a star. RIGHT AS I'M TAUNTING, the first bomb drops and kills me instantly, before my opponent gets to die, so my opponent technically won the match. From now on I put my shield up after defeating my opponent in a competitive sudden death. :p

Edit: hahaha, I tend to put "die" instead of "KO'd." Sorry peoples.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
i would say interesting expiriance was when i was turned on by fellow taunters but defeated them when the three ganged up on me its funny because ive had to face this since i started playing the first ssb so its nothing new in my opinion

Conspiricy

Smash Journeyman
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I'm online, Brawl
Alright, I managed to do a perfect sacred combo, twice in a match. (lucas, marth, falco)

On the third time, I got all of them with the knee and tried you finish the match with a punch that they would never forget...as I went for the punch, all three of them managed to meteor me AT THE SAME TIME!

Seriously, NOT COOL.

Zekirra

Smash Rookie
aww, sorry. I've only been here a few days. *knows that's not an excuse*

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
oh ive had that experiance and it was during the winter and the days i didnt have basketball practice. I fortunately know your pain.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it was fixed months ago but your stating that you cant go online still, hmm then that really is a problem. I could go online for about 2-3 months or so.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I think sharing this will get this off my chest.

I was playing online as Wolf and ended up in sudden death. I defeated my opponent and he was flying away as a star. RIGHT AS I'M TAUNTING, the first bomb drops and kills me instantly, before my opponent gets to die, so my opponent technically won the match. From now on I put my shield up after defeating my opponent in a competitive sudden death. :p

Edit: hahaha, I tend to put "die" instead of "KO'd." Sorry peoples.
That happens to me so much.Then again, I usually try to SD after I get my kill in sudden death whenever I'm online but the bombs actually have made it worse by sending me into the top blast zone.
Btw, this belongs in the online boards.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
ah thats unfortunate, i see your mom is really strict around the house hold. I hope you have melee, also it would be better If you have friends as well. Believe me playing melee was my favorite game from when it first came out in 2001 till now. I play brawl more now but when I have the time I always try and relive the melee moments.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
i do have Melee, but no decent opponents. I only have one scrub friend to play with, and my little cousin(at least he has good sportsmanship). I dont like playing with my scrub friend, but i do when im bored. Not only does he john a lot"OOH!! I HATE THIS STAGE!"(even though he chose it), but he claims to be so much better than everyone else

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
oh i see well its good that your brother has good sportsman ship, but going to what your friend he needs to just accept defeat me. I on the other hand I dont go yelling around if I'm better than someone because someone can regret it in the end.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
oh i see well its good that your brother has good sportsman ship, but going to what your friend he needs to just accept defeat me. I on the other hand I dont go yelling around if I'm better than someone because someone can regret it in the end.
The funny thing is, I'm better than him. He thinks hes better than me because he can [barely] beat me with items on.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
An embarrassing moment for me happened last Thursday.

I hadn't played Brawl in a few weeks, and at my school's gamer's club I decided to Brawl with a few friends. Well, my first match was a 1v1. I was Yoshi (my secondary), he was Ike (his secondary). The stage was Yoshi's Island (Brawl). 5 stock.

A few weeks ago, I would have been able to win with 2 stocks left. But I had no idea what to do. I took every fair, jab, and Fsmash up the egg-hole.

3 stocked. :/

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
An embarrassing moment for me happened last Thursday.

I hadn't played Brawl in a few weeks, and at my school's gamer's club I decided to Brawl with a few friends. Well, my first match was a 1v1. I was Yoshi (my secondary), he was Ike (his secondary). The stage was Yoshi's Island (Brawl). 5 stock.

A few weeks ago, I would have been able to win with 2 stocks left. But I had no idea what to do. I took every fair, jab, and Fsmash up the egg-hole.

3 stocked. :/
Hmm another reason why not to fight when you just recently came back on brawl after a good while.

Top Bottom