• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone like Smashville?

trumpet210

Smash Rookie
Smashville is great, despite the music. That element of the stage is just funny, especially for us veterans of the original animal crossing for GCN.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
smashvile is the bestttt stage to play on IMO forget the musicc the vibee is too goodd and the edges are even better than FD

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
This thread is awesome. Can't believe it's still up and going. After playing the game on and off for 1 1/2 years,. Smashville is STILL my favorite stage.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Smashville is amazing.

It's a very Yoshi friendly stage :D
I second that. Then again it's a friendly stage for just about every character because almost all people can recover from any distance or depth. Awsome recovery stage but at the same time can be harder to KO your opponent; especially if that moving platform is in the way.

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
especially with KK rider out
K.K. Slider*

And I find it surprising how many people still don't know how to negotiate FD's lip. It's not the worst thing in the world, guys...just pay attention while you're recovering.

Sure, Smashville is great for recovery but it's also great for gimpy characters since most recoveries on this level are fairly predictable. It's also a great alternative for campy characters when your opponent bans FD. I don't know how you could think campy characters would fare worse here. The mobility is very similar to FD (flat stage, no vertical obstruction) and most campers will just have to change their game to account for one platforms height. For example, falco can use full-hop to laser instead of short-hops and be just as effective as he is on Final. I'd say this stage is a bit more neutral than FD personally, since it's a balance between completely flat stages and platformy ones. The perfect neutral stage, IMO. And one that sees a LOT of play in stage striking rulesets.

Plus, the music isn't even that bad. Just put one of Slider's songs on there and it'll be fine. All of his songs are amazing, and you'll probably not even notice it if you're playing a serious match anyway. Besides, who dislikes a stage based on something so aesthetic as music? It's almost like saying you don't like Japes based on the background...

Do or Die

Smash Rookie
Anyone who doesn't like the music is a blaspheming heretic and should choke on a handful of cigarettes while saying "Gentlemen."
Especially Go K.K. Rider. I have that song set for like 80% I love this stage so much. Much better than FD, that's for sure.

nfl797

Smash Cadet
I luv smashville but only like it because of the animal crossing Background (i really like it on Saturdays)
i just dont like the plat from because when i wanna do a combo on some 1 the platform saves them

Supamahn

Smash Rookie
Love Smashville cause of how fair and simple the stage is. But I mostly like it cause of the music and the win balloon :D

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
I love smashville. It's the only stage in smash history affected by the real time. A moving platform. It's one of my main favorites stages to go to:)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I like Smashville as well. It's a nice, simple, pleasant stage with breezy music. It's also one of the few (if not, the only) stages to have a visible audience of characters in the background (which had been something that I wanted to see until now). :)

Pikmin50

Smash Rookie
It's not a time when K.K. comes out & playz hiz gutar, but just going & leaving until he iz there

milesg2g

Smash Champion
lol smashville is awesome because it's always inviting and bright. Fd gets on my ****ing nerves w/ it's gloomy scenes

napZzz

Smash Hero
everytime Im gonna play someone for a tourney whether its singles or doubles, game 1 i ask if we can just play smashville and skip striking. 90% of the time the other person agrees.

Arcade

Smash Ace
Who doesn't like Smashville? It has a pleasant, nondisruptive background, a pleasant, nondisruptive layout, a pleasant, nondisruptive song selection, and pleasant, nondisruptive day/night changing. It's the opposite of Lylat, where the music and background are trying to distract you.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Oh yeah Smashville is the best without question. My friends and I have had numerous exciting, epic battles there. I've also had success at Smashville in my tournament career as well. There are times where Smashville is the only stage my friends and I will smash at for about a half-hour to an hour on some nights; whether those nights are online or in person.

Woohoo! What a great way to get my 500th post on a thread I created almost 2 years ago.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Smashville is personally one of my favorite stages. It's my personal favorite neutral, specifically because of that lip that Final Destination has that always hurts me. Plus, I love the music the stage has, and the detail involved in it specifically. Animal Crossing is also a great game, too. It's just altogether my favorite stage in the game lol.

Bynine

Smash Cadet
I do, mainly because it's Animal Crossing and I love Animal Crossing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Who doesn't like Smashville? It has a pleasant, nondisruptive background, a pleasant, nondisruptive layout, a pleasant, nondisruptive song selection, and pleasant, nondisruptive day/night changing. It's the opposite of Lylat, where the music and background are trying to distract you.
People who don't like getting scrooged?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't like this stage because it complements a lot of my CP character's strengths against my mains.

I'd rather play on FD, even if it was Falco or King DDD, odd preference of mine but oh well.

Top Bottom