• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone main someone they don't want to?

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I'm curious to see what the answers are here. In my case I have 4 mains, Wario, Pit, Falco and Ike. Pit is by far my favorite character in the game but he's my second best. No matter how hard I try, Wario's just always better for me. I don't really mind it because Wario's always been my main in other games he's in, but I wish I could get my Pit up to his level.

What about you guys?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I mained MK. I only did it because I needed another main. I did like MK at 1st. Not so much now, but I can't quit playing with him.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Nope, I main the characters that I do because I enjoy their games and enjoy their playstyle. I was however a bit iffy about Peach's nerfs in Brawl...but I'm still pretty **** good as her so player skill makes up for character skill in that situation I guess.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
I love all my mains. Not equally of course, but I can't really imagine maining a character I dislike. After all you have play as that character for months/years.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Being a smasher for so long, I've learned that sentimental value that the character holds is much more important than the potential of the character to do well.

I'm just fortunate that DDD and IC's are so good, haha.

Sheik is my favorite character, and I've had a lot of matchup troubles, but I stick with her because I love her.

I tier-whored in melee, but times are different for me.

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
yea

at times i main with ness

then i stop using him and use fox and lucario

then back to ness

and it continues

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Kinda, I play a bit of Yoshi, Zero Suit and PokeMANZ but I play a rather good N0limar which I'm torn over. Since learning N0limar I would often only fight with zero Pikmin and only draw out a single Pikmin for the final kills then discard him. But after learning the tourny results (Or accepted tier list) I'm not sure if I can still play as him.

What do you folks think? Why do you feel Olimar is cheap? The Pikmin spaming? If so I might keep at my N0limar....

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
I have 4 mains, olimar, zelda/shiek, toon link, ddd, and kirby. I want to become a kirby main, or zelda, but for some reason i am just better with olimar. I think if i really wanted to i could become better with kirby or zelda.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nope. As soon as a character stops being fun to play as, I drop them. I dropped Lucario like three days after picking him up and Metaknight after about three weeks. The mains I have kept since the beginning are Wario, Mario, Ness, and Ice Climbers. I replaced Metaknight with King Dedede and Lucario with Fox.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I main MK because he's really fun to play.

Conveniently for me, he's not too bad of a character :)

5yphon

Smash Cadet
I mained MK. I only did it because I needed another main. I did like MK at 1st. Not so much now, but I can't quit playing with him.
I main DK but i have a problem, I cant stop playing as metaknight. Right now its DK metaknight and fox as my 3 contending mains i think ima use Dk and if i lose switch to meta he is just so fun and its gonna eb hard to stop playing as him.

RARE King

Smash Cadet
I'm proud to say I main Wolf and I will never say I don't like him, but I would like to hike Lucario up to being my second main. Always using only one character in tourneys is never the best idea. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to main someone different though.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'm sure everyone who knew me in Melee thought I'd be a Zelda main in Brawl because she got so much better. But I didn't like her in Brawl nearly as much.

I pick characters based on if I like their play style, so there's no one I main who I don't want to. I don't really care what tier the characters i like are in. If they're good, lucky me. At least in this game my favorite characters aren't bottom tier.

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
Nope.

I chose to main Snake within the first week of me purchasing Brawl. I don't pay attention to tier lists, and I didn't even realize how popular he would become. I guess some of that popularity comes from his "broken" moves and what not, though I can't really say.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
As much as I love Pokemon Trainer and love playing as him, and as good as I've gotten with him, I've still admitted that Game & Watch is my better character. I love both characters, no doubt, but it's still annoying that my favorite character and my best character are not the same.

Top Bottom