• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Not going to the Midnight Release?

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
I live in Toronto, I got hit by a storm . Although I preordered from Toysrus ( dont ask why I always do And I ALWAYS get it on the first day..Not many gamers go to toysrus, ITS MINDGAMEZ.) Anyway I wanted to try Walmart tonight, but since I can't I dont mind another night...I just hope I can fall asleep....

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
I won't be going all I can do is hope the guy at wal-mart was right about so many copies of the game, and thank god I have alot of places that sell games around and only small towns in the surrounding area, with mostly older people and hardcore xbox 360 fan boys.

I'll be pissed if I can't play it tomorrow though, or my mom waits till like 5pm or something to drive me out to get it, that wouldn't leave much time and I would have to go to bed soon after and go to school, and I don't want each hour at school to seem like an eternity, I just want to brawl all day tomorrow and get it all out of my system. I want it as soon as I wake up, but I doubt it.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I'm not going because I dont feel like it... I'll get it tomorrow sometime around late morning or early afternoon...

corban123

Smash Rookie
i planned far enough back, so my parents r like sure, w/e cuz ive been to the halo 3 midnight release also so, ya,,,,

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
"Keep the Sabbath Day Holy" means "Go to Mass on Sunday and Don't Go to Work"...God's fine with you attending the Midnight release, He's probably doing it too...

I can't go because I'm in Telluride, Colorado and technology doesn't exist there...:/

I'm getting it tomorrow night when I come back, though...^_^

NintendoGX159

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to the Midnight Release for Three reasons.

1. Where I live if you are around town between 11:00 P.M to 4:00 A.M, you'll be asking for a death sentence

2. None of my family members(except for my brother and a few of my cousins) gives a **** about video games.

3. I'm going to church, and after that the mall opens around 1:00 P.M on Sundays, I'll will be picking up my reserved copy of Brawl.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going cause its midnight nothing more its better to go during the day than to buy at 12 just to play for a while then lose sleep. I'm going straight to gamestop next morning

Chro

Smash Apprentice
Nope, I can wait 11 hours, and my parent's wouldn't let me play at 12:30 anyway. I'm going to take a nice walk down to my Gamestop at 10:30, be there when they open, walk back (prolly run teh last 5 blocks or so lol) and play in the afternoon some time... yeah.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
Well, I sure can't go cause-

1. It's at Midnight- which leads to more problems:
2. noone in my family is mad enough to lose sleep over a stupid game
3. I'm not mad enough to stay up to go to a convention of 30 year olds staying up to get an awsome game. (I'm only 14.)
4. it's on Sunday- I'm Staying True to Christianity, and worship God over a game.

It's dissapointing, very dissapointing, casue i want to get the game, BADLY.
Sucks that Nintendo isn't aware of Religious Gamers.

Anyone not going besides these resons? I hope i'm not the only one who isn't going.:urg::urg:
your acting ********
sunday is regarded as a day of leisure and rest to christans, playing a videogame is fine & acceptable, dont get pissy at everyone else little kid.
no one "worships" this game, and im not 30....

Asuma

Smash Cadet
Nope not me,cause I pre-ordered mine through the mail,so I'll be getting mine Monday because Post office isnt open on Sundays.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
your acting ********
sunday is regarded as a day of leisure and rest to christans, playing a videogame is fine & acceptable, dont get pissy at everyone else little kid.
no one "worships" this game, and im not 30....
The Fact-Sunday is a day of REST. Not Labor. it is a day to focus on GOD, not awsome video games. going to stores is like saying, Hay, it's ok to work on sunday, and not support God, like he didn't command us that we weren't supposed to work on sunday, and worship him.
if u don't work, but buy stuff, it's like saying it's ok to work on Sunday, by forcing laborors,(cept fire fighters, Police, Hospitals, Army, Other jobs such as these ones that are really needed for the community) to work. RARELY is there an exception to use money, other than offerings on Sunday.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace

3. I'm not mad enough to stay up to go to a convention of 30 year olds staying up to get an awsome game. (I'm only 14.)
4. it's on Sunday- I'm Staying True to Christianity, and worship God over a game.

Anyone not going besides these resons? I hope i'm not the only one who isn't going.:urg::urg:
Same reasons for me.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
~Well, the closest GameStop is thirty minutes away from where I live, so that presents a problem.
~I have no idea if they are even having a midnight release.
~My parents wouldn't let me drive to a GameStop so late for a video game.
~I didn't preorder Brawl there, rather Circuit City.

But I AM getting it first thing 9 AM tomorrow morning. =D I'll have some brekkers at the Cracker Barrel beforehand and head on over to Circuit City. Then we'll go to GameStop (because I need to use up a $25 gift card before it expires) and I'll buy a gamecube controller, Star Fox Assault, or summat. I'll then head home and proceed to play the best game evar. Tomorrow will be one of the most memorable days in my life.

heety9

Smash Journeyman
I'm 13, and my parents have banned me from video games and said I have to study more even though I always get As. And I'm a really hardcore gamer. Yeah, life sucks.

tanisdourden

Smash Rookie
i wont be going since i have to work until 7 am. monday morning.
But i will be getting it on my way to choir practice sunday afternoon. preordered it and is paid in full. so not spending any money, technically. ;)

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Yeah im going to midnight realease, im 14, and im still going to church. If i can do it you can too!!!!

Exeter

Smash Rookie

Let me say this: I admire and respect your decision to stay true to your religion. Well done.

As for me? I'm not going to the midnight release for the same reasons. I've already ordered mine via Ebay. I've saved 2$. :) Good luck.

Oh, might I add that the closest Gamestop is 3-4 hours away, and the closest WALMART is 30-40 minutes away. This could present a problem. I'm sticking with the guaranteed risk free way. Heh.

huhen

Smash Rookie
I'm not going cause it's saturday and i'm gonna be getting drunk as hell.

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
We had a blizzard today.

Because of snow drifts, there are three feet of snow in some places.

The snow plows would go through streets once, and a half hour later they'd have to do it again.

As such, my mall is closed.

My GameStop is in the mall.

Luckily, the conditions are supposed to be cleared up by midnight.

So hopefully, the mall will reopen around noon tomorrow (that's what time they normally open on Sunday), and after I do my Spanish homework, I'll go pick my copy up.

But seriously, I just died a little inside. :[

xfootdoctor

Smash Cadet
whatever, just go

it's so good that even GOD wants to play the game
he almost killed sakurai for delaying

lChaosl

Smash Cadet
The Fact-Sunday is a day of REST. Not Labor. it is a day to focus on GOD, not awsome video games. going to stores is like saying, Hay, it's ok to work on sunday, and not support God, like he didn't command us that we weren't supposed to work on sunday, and worship him.
if u don't work, but buy stuff, it's like saying it's ok to work on Sunday, by forcing laborors,(cept fire fighters, Police, Hospitals, Army, Other jobs such as these ones that are really needed for the community) to work. RARELY is there an exception to use money, other than offerings on Sunday.
What if *gasp* some people aren't Christians?

Top Bottom