• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone notice this with CF's Taunt?

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
It seems that when captain falcon down taunts away from the screen, it goes faster.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
This is literally known since 2001 lmao.

We should make a thread about the things that Falcon carried over from the previous games.

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
Lol everyone learns sometime. I like to stare my enemies in the eyes when I tell them to show me their moves.

Roy115

Smash Cadet
I'm going to mention... did you notice in the 3ds version he doesn't even move his mouth to talk when you use the down taunt?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I believe most of the cast keeps his (physical) mouth shut while talking in-game, yeah. Take a look at Shulk, for example.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Some people are pricks.

@ OP, that is actually mentioned in one of the hints in Smash U, that Falcon has a different pose, depending on the direction he looks at.

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
Some people are pricks.

@ OP, that is actually mentioned in one of the hints in Smash U, that Falcon has a different pose, depending on the direction he looks at.
Huh, interesting. I thought it was just talking about the changes in the direction the characters facing making it look different...learn something new everyday.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I think Rosalina's side taunt is also different, depending on which side you are facing. The tip talked about her too (unless I'm mixing her up with someone else... heh).

Last edited:

Eriol-kun

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eriolkun
3DS FC
0619-3946-4344
Showing your Falcon buttocks while asking someone to show Falcon their moves is a treat for the opponent so of course it lasts less, can't be giving away such freebies so easily.

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
It seems that when captain falcon down taunts away from the screen, it goes faster.
Not only is it faster, but instead of the proper salute for his back taunt, he uses several fingers. His forward SMYM is more for "cool moves" while his back one is spammable and used when you annihilate your opponent with the grace of Falcon. I can get 4 in if my opponent is soaring into the back of the screen.

Top Bottom