• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone who wants A future for smash please watch

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
This had to be said. This cannot happen if we want a future for competitive games. If we want to take ourselves professionally and open the community to more business opportunities, we need to clean up. I know that this is more common in the Street Fighter community but they're are not completely with the blood and their hands. I love the smash community, we're not trying to say that we're better than anyone just we have more viewers or that we like our players more. I'm not saying don't have fun, but I don't want the whole FGC to have been viewed negatively due to fights, arguments, player grudges. Thank you

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
1min in. Is he saying there aren't people who don't consider themselves in the same community as those from another game from the same genre? Cus I see a lot of **** between LoL and DotA and same with Counter Strike and Quake for example.

3min in. lmao wtf now that's a whole 'nother level. Haven't heard of anything even close that happening around here recently. Maybe that MLG bomb threat or whatever happened?

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i do agree that **** talking other communities needs to stop, everyone is inclined to like what they want.

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
1min in. Is he saying there aren't people who don't consider themselves in the same community as those from another game from the same genre? Cus I see a lot of **** between LoL and DotA and same with Counter Strike and Quake for example.

3min in. lmao wtf now that's a whole 'nother level. Haven't heard of anything even close that happening around here recently. Maybe that MLG bomb threat or whatever happened?
Bomb threat? I need to be eduacated.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
I have never ever heard anyone in the melee community **** talking some other FGC-from what I gather some of the FGC communities like to obssess over that melee isn't a "real fighting game" or its a "kids game" etc. It doesn't bother me much. What the **** do we need to prove to anybody? Melee is a blood and sweat grassroots community that has been doing incredibly well, we have gotten ourselves back in MLG, EVO, and to this very day I'm training so many new players who are just getting into the game competitively.
From my experience the melee community is an open friendly and fun one. Every community has a few bad apples that need to be worked on, but I don't see how this FGC nerd "segregation" drama affects us in any way.

Akimbosawce

Smash Rookie
Yeah other FGC communities might have a good amount of issues like he was saying but I don't think smash runs into a lot of issues expressed in the video. My experience at tournies have only been good so far

Top Bottom