• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
So, guys; the roster is out.

there is dissapointment for many fanbases, and i re-propse my idea of "joining forces with other fanbases". I understand opossum's thinking, but people won't be as supportive later because they will come to accept the roster more. The character support threads haven't been downed, so we can spread the info there if we start now.

i think it would be in the best interest of the movement to get this going now; even if Sakurai said he isn't even thinking bout DLC til SSSBU releases; we need to have some... structure, so that we might have a chance to make our voices heard.

what's going to be louder: 100 Chrom fans, or thousands of fans from multiple fanbases? i really think we'd be missing a great opportunity...

Enloc

Smash Cadet
I was thinking the same sort of thing re: joining with other fanbases. Of course, I'm sure plenty of them will laugh us out of there because our man "isn't unique" or whatever, but worth a shot! After all, all of us who have had our favorites deconfirmed are in this together.

And I'd love to join the new social group, but how do I join it?

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
King Kay Rool and Ridley (I think) deconfirmed, so I feel we should all team up to go for dlc: Ridley King Kay Rool and chrom dlc is the best we can strive for. Remember, Anything Can Change!

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
If anything, this confirms Ike has the best colors. :4myfriends::troll::4myfriends::troll:

Seriously though, as an Ike sub-main, this great news for me. Anything can change for my friends! :p
I'm an Ike main AND I want chrom in the game so this really cool.But I still want chrom for dlc (non-clone) even if I have to trade Ike for Chrom

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I was thinking the same sort of thing re: joining with other fanbases. Of course, I'm sure plenty of them will laugh us out of there because our man "isn't unique" or whatever, but worth a shot! After all, all of us who have had our favorites deconfirmed are in this together.

And I'd love to join the new social group, but how do I join it?
That would work. The more people we are, the better chances of being able to join the alliance. So far I think it's Ridley, Mewtwo, K.Rool and Isaac.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Ridley, Isaac, Mewtwo and K.Rool have big, loyal fanbases and ar eprobably our top priority if we are to team up. Dixie Kong and Pig Ganon might not have as many fans but they are very deserving and i think they should be mentioned. Lastly, we'd need the fans from the people who got cut: :popo:,:lucas:,:wolf:; possibly :snake:,:squirtle: and :ivysaur:. i do think trying to go for a :pt: add-on that can follow any of the playable pokes we get is interesting and could also be added.

but we shouldn't be like "oh, we are the Chrom fans, we're trying to get him in SSB4 as DLC. You guys like Ridley, right? Why don't we join forces?"

Rather, i think the best strategy (:4robinm:) would be simply starting the movement FIRST, even if it's only on paper. returning to the above example... " oh, we are making a movement to all these characters as Smash 4 DLC; and we through you guys would like to join seeing as you are fans of a character who we are already supporting"

or something like that

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If Chrom appears in another FE game in a major role, then I am convinced he will replace Ike in a future Smash game, and I think the same can apply to Lucina replacing Marth if its the same in regards to her.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Except... isn't Chrom already part of Robin's final smash? So wouldn't it be a little weird for him to be a playable character too?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Except... isn't Chrom already part of Robin's final smash? So wouldn't it be a little weird for him to be a playable character too?
Not necessarily, since its been shown characters can have two roles, and have their position occupied by someone else. Not saying Chrom will be playable in this interation of Smash, that's extremely unlikely at this point, but that issue can be corrected if they do change their minds.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Chrom was disconfirmed on early august.

it's now mid-september.

do you really think this issue wasn't covered ALREADY?

on a unrelated note, i just won a guessing contest on gamefaqs and got a code for the demo. Woo!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The solution would be rather simple: Alfonzo.

No, not Alfonzo himself, but an Alfonzo situation. When Chrom joins the battle, Morgan is in charge of Robin's Final Smash.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Oh, I see. That could work. I was just unsure, I guess I've never actually seen how it works, so...

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i realy would like AT LEAST a alt of chrom for lucina.... i mean i like chrom i like ike i like robin... this three are for me something.
i am to unskilled with this tip thing to play marth so i would go lucina but an chrom alt shouldnt be that hard? like alph for olimar.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The solution would be rather simple: Alfonzo.

No, not Alfonzo himself, but an Alfonzo situation. When Chrom joins the battle, Morgan is in charge of Robin's Final Smash.
No, it should be Alfonzo himself. :troll:

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
You sure you don't mean Marth? He is considered the face of the series.

As a note, Fire Emblem characters are always some of the most popular characters in the games. People will like Krom.
. People will love Chrom. When awakening came out he was voted number one most favorite character (in that game specifically but he is still top three right behind marth and or Ike can't remember if 2 or 3) in fact he still is the favorite for awakening

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Through all that's happened I realized I didn't give this thread its formal closing.

It's been a long road guys. We've been through a lot, let's not kid ourselves. Chrom likely won't be DLC, as even though anything can change, it doesn't mean everything WILL change. There's the Final Smash, the Wii U Opening, the dreadfully hypocritical Palutena's Guidance conversation, and Robin's victory screen. That's quite a lot to change. Not to mention the implication that Mewtwo may be a one time thing.

The best we can do is wait until next time, in the next Smash. SMTxFE will have been out, and who knows? An Awakening sequel could happen, seeing how popular it was. And hopefully both of those would flesh Chrom's movepool out a bit more obviously. Have him as a Great Lord from the start, and all that. Weapon switching, high jumping, javelin tossing, Exalted Falchion healing, Shield of Seals holy fire, armor, all that sort of stuff. And then maybe Sakurai will pull a Villager on ol' Chrom. We can always hope.

Don't let anyone ever discourage you from supporting Chrom. Remember: there's no problem with you for liking Chrom. Instead there's a problem with people who feel the need to make others feel bad. Always remember that.

"We're not done yet!"

As this thread will be closing, I want to invite you all to this: The Shepherd's Garrison - Official Chrom Hangout. If you'd like to be invited, just let me know, either through a PM or a profile message.

It's been a pleasure, guys. Time to close up the barracks.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I feel this warrants posting: