• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Yo, so when did baby Doom start forming amazing retort posts. Good logic guy.
Lmao, it's been quite a while since I've been a baby in the community. :) You've been away so long, you've missed so much! You and Starz should start coming to tourneys again.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Starz quit like a little b*tch so I have no good team partner anymore... Everytime I try teams with somebody else it's a dam disaster because we never work well together. Also I don't know if you know but I don't play Brawl anymore lolmao. Only reason I'm going to this is for Tatsu, Brawl+ and Continuum Shift. Rawrskies.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I know you don't play Brawl anymore. You should consider just getting back into it casually for a few tourneys every now and then, though.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
if my original partners dont come

LETTTTTS GOOOOO DOUBLE LUIGI SON!!!

altho this thing is like 8 months away lol
Nevermind lol, found a partner

but ill play you...if I can find you in the crowd.

and no Doom...not again..my wallet is sad

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What's Melee turnout looking like?

I'm assuming this will be like Pound 4, except the roles of Brawl and Melee somewhat reversed.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
We're hoping/pushing that both turnouts will be equal. Currently, the turnouts are looking positive for both ends.

strawhats

Smash Master
What's Melee turnout looking like?

I'm assuming this will be like Pound 4, except the roles of Brawl and Melee somewhat reversed.
Nah...for some reason I get this feeling that melee is gonna be amazingly big. I dunno...this isnt me hating on Brawl or anything, but this was originally a brawl tourney and it will probably turn out somewhat similiar like Pound 4 except Brawl has hype as well, not just melee.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Nah...for some reason I get this feeling that melee is gonna be amazingly big. I dunno...this isnt me hating on Brawl or anything, but this was originally a brawl tourney and it will probably turn out somewhat similiar like Pound 4 except Brawl has hype as well, not just melee.
this was never originally a brawl tournament... LOL

IT is for brawl and melee

brawl community wants to go to this

melee community wants to go to this

do your research son XD

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
I'll definitely be going to this and I'll be bringing most of Rhode Island with me. KevinM, sorry I wasn't able to get you a ride to RoM2 but this time we'll be planning everything ahead of time. If you want to join us (travis myself joerson dave and probably a couple others) you are welcome to come along :D

To the TO's, our party will be bringing at LEAST, three Gamecubes, a Wii, and five or six TV's.

On a side note, if I bring Budokai 3 for ps2, will anyone MM me? :3

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Help!

IS THERE A PLAYER IN THE NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY AREA THAT WOULD BE WILLING TO HOUSE ME FOR A MONTH PREVIOUS TO THIS EVENT?

I'm looking to spend a lot of time with family and friends in New York/New Jersey before the event, but I would rather not go broke on a hotel

PM ME. YOU WILL BE COMPENSATED THROUGHLY AND WELL

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
IS THERE A PLAYER IN THE NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY AREA THAT WOULD BE WILLING TO HOUSE ME FOR A MONTH PREVIOUS TO THIS EVENT?

I'm looking to spend a lot of time with family and friends in New York/New Jersey before the event, but I would rather not go broke on a hotel

PM ME. YOU WILL BE COMPENSATED THROUGHLY AND WELL

contact

Dj Nintendo
Alukard
G$

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well IDK ya know people lol

this reminds me tomorrow I should make that housing / setup thread XD

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Melee may have a bigger turnout but not because of standard reasons. You see brawl has more tourneys in general so brawl players dont get too hyped for one single event. Where as melee is fighting to stay alive and bring the hype as needed. So because there are fewer major melee tourneys, more tend to show up to these large ones. This was actually pointed out to me by Pierce haha. And this isn't meant to insult either game, it's just based off of an observers standpoint.

Although personally I hope both are even :D

:link:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Rei is one of my good friends. Until he is paid off he will not be let in.

here is a list of people on the banned list

-djn ( if he does not pay back rei)
-pbnj

Here is my soon to be banned list will not be posted but it is more than one person. I feel that the competitive atmosphere is hindered when people act the way they do at tournaments. These people are on thin ice with me for their attitudes about the games/life/general HIEGINE. We are not 2 years old or helpless children. If people do not learn how to act on and off the tournament area they will be banned for life from my tournaments.

This is my ONLY warning.

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
I was watching the hype video, when I got a brilliant idea. The Apex (Highlight) Combo MOVIE. It would work out like so, we would have a crew of editors and recorders and overseers. After Apex is over we would collect footage of cool combos or anything that impresses you. When enough combos and videos are collected the editors get to work, dividing the movie into 3 parts for each game, Brawl, Brawl+, and Melee. Each segment would be about 9 minutes, give or take a minute. After all is edited we upload it on youtube to (insert account here) and show the people what our games can truely do. Anyone interested? I might make a seperate thread for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom