• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leffen

Smash Champion
I team with them because they're my homies, not because they are at a suitable skill level etc

they both know that there are "carried" and I certainly know that there are lots of other available teammates that would probably give me a better chance at winning but I've accepted that.
Javi apparently didn't know that there were anyone else to team with when that OBVIOUSLY isn't the case

pbnj also didn't know either javi or over before the tournament

and at your nizro comment - i knows, i'm honestly kinda tired of teaming with players who are worse and who don't improve (if they're bad but improve rapidly its ok for me) and I let it get to me when we lose and my partner fails a lot
but I also don't wanna team with someone random that I can't talk to and have fun with so I guess I'm stuck until someone who I know becomes better lol.

lolwhydoIranthereofallplaces

PB&J

Smash Hero
if pbnj and uberice could beat pp and yay at TO6, i'm interested in seeing what him and javi could do.
i actually was thinking the same thing but didnt want to post it. I honestly think we will make a good combonation,but i guess i have to prove that @ apex ....and i will

Sharky

Smash Master
Let me tell you how this kid calls me at like 11pm New Years Eve asking about registration. LMAO

Needless to say I was already hammered and not much help, but he is registered tho... Somehow.

Some things never change...
yep sounds about right XD

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Alright, so i signed up for doubles and single, but it looks like my doubles partner didn't get to registration in time so i'm without a doubles partner. Is there anyway i can get me money for teams back?

Mainly who should i PM about this.

strawhats

Smash Master
So umm...anyone from MD/VA know what happened to Azen. I see him listed as tope's teammate, but I don't see him on the list. I don't see Wes either. Sad face at no shiz. It always seems as if whatever international amsah goes to, shiz isn't there. I really wanted to see those 2 play.
Also sad face at no mach dash, overtriforce, and no strawhat dahean (I wanted to play him lol)

:phone:

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Another earthquake hit Japan! Hopefully all of the Japanese players are already on their way. D:

stelzig

Smash Lord
I team with them because they're my homies, not because they are at a suitable skill level etc

they both know that there are "carried" and I certainly know that there are lots of other available teammates that would probably give me a better chance at winning but I've accepted that.
Javi apparently didn't know that there were anyone else to team with when that OBVIOUSLY isn't the case

pbnj also didn't know either javi or over before the tournament

and at your nizro comment - i knows, i'm honestly kinda tired of teaming with players who are worse and who don't improve (if they're bad but improve rapidly its ok for me) and I let it get to me when we lose and my partner fails a lot
but I also don't wanna team with someone random that I can't talk to and have fun with so I guess I'm stuck until someone who I know becomes better lol.

lolwhydoIranthereofallplaces
Fair enough :p
Zoler does seem to be improving too, I still remember his fox from BEAST (then again, I think he JUST started using fox there?). So maybe he will reach a more suitable level eventually. He certainly has a strong community to help him improve anyway. :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think they said case by case basis

So pretty much email them the situation ( teammate didn't sign up etc) and they would decide

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Oh wow when did brawl sneak up to 397 for singles

Push for 400 let's gooooooooo people email them your problems and hopefully 3 more people are entered

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When will pools be posted?

Armada

Smash Lord
Didn't you team with AJP earlier? And aren't you teaming with zoler now? :p

Not that I disagree as such. I also felt that your team with nizro was better than what I played against when I played against you and one of the two other people. :p

AJP and Zoler actually is better in teams then singles if you ask me. AJP (and Hack) was the last team from Sweden that took a set from me and Aniolas. AJP and Leffen also took a set from Amsah/Zgetto at the first beast (before Leffen was consider a top player in Europe). I know Leffen is still better then both AJP/Zoler but at least they are much better then they get credit for.

TOs: How is the seedning working this tournament? No offense I had a great time last Apex (and all other tournaments too) BUT seedning in tournaments in America is something that I think every TO should work with. Im not sure if you are useing this "ranking points" but I hope that´s not the case.

At the first Genesis I heard (not sure if it was true) that they only seeded the 3 best players. Ofc a 1 seeded had a 4 seeded (or bye if it only was 3 people that advanced). But AT LEASt the 8 best players should be correctly seeded. No offense to Jman cause I know he is a great player and place high all the time but he against PP in WS at rom but M2k against PP in WQ is actually wrong (for example).
I hope you guys don´t take this in the wrong way I just wanna see a better seedning system at tournaments in America.

Congrats to hold the biggest smash tournament of all time and nice work (all games) =)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I heard the Nietono and Mr. R are in Jersey already. Anyone know where they currently are right now? I'd like to record some HD replays of them.

Edit: Nvm I know where they are. Ugh, gonna drive to NY soon.

S0FT

Smash Ace
In response to the pb&j teaming with Javi thing.

First of all pb&j and uberice did beat dr peepee and yahuzz at TO6.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwAJLpb8YTI

Secondly, Javi has been confirmed for quite some time now and just recently, I think two days ago, agreed to team with pb&j. That is kind of messed up to pretend that you care who he teams with, when you all had weeks to find him a partner that lives up to whatever standards you guys have, even after he agreed to team with pb&j.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I didn't mean to offend AJP or zoler in anyway. Afterall all 3 of leffen's teams still beat me and eagle. I just think leffen and nizro were the most dominant one of them.

I guess that may also have to do with me usually not being able to touch great players at all, lol.

Edit: I was in the same pool when they beat amsah/zgetto btw. I know :p

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Haha, don't worry dude. I'll have some replays up by tomorrow in HD. I'll post links in this thread when they are up.

Heard Nietono and Kakera are CRAZY good and much better than Rain and Brood. I gotta see this **** in person.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Is it too late to get our doubles information changed at this point? I feel really lame asking this, but my teammate told me he can't come anymore a couple hours after registration closed, so now I don't have a partner. That is, of course, assuming I can find another doubles partner... >.>

:005:

Roller

Smash Legend
When will pools be posted?
Alex said "in the next few days"
...the tournament is "in the next few days."
I hope you guys don´t take this in the wrong way I just wanna see a better seedning system at tournaments in America.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Heard Nietono and Kakera are CRAZY good and much better than Rain and Brood. I gotta see this **** in person.
I wanna meet Kakera

LLDL

Smash Hero
For those of you curious about Shiz's situation, he can't come because of court issues and has tried but cannot renegotiate the date he has to go to court. His plane ticket was paid for like a month in advance, and it's non-refundable. Basically that's a ****ing ticket down the drain unless we can get him to come down for zenith or something. It expires in November of 2012. For the people who donated to him, you will be refunded, but it will take a while to either try and get a refund from american airlines as we explain to them the situation, or as I gather money MYSELF to refund (It aint a thang that's 1 or 2 paycheck). This aint no pound 5 **** . I have the paypals of everyone who donated and will personally make sure they get their $ back, it just won't be immediately.

As for captain jack and mach dash: All proceeds went to captain jack's ticket. Don't worry, the smashbros guys didn't keep it for themselves or anything, and that money didn't go down the drain. Mach Dash just fell out of contact, and the difference of $500 or so would've came out of CJ's pocket to pay for his ticket, but he just fell out of contact when CJ tried to contact him to finish paying for his ticket, so it went towards his own ticket. Still nowhere to be found :(

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah CJ is confirmed 100%, Mach Dash just fell out of contact. They were supposed to come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom