• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
I need a teammate D:

I really want to go in at this, so I'd prefer a good teammate if all possible. If you need to see how I play theres some vids of Shugo and I double MK teaming in tourney this past weekend I can link.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Definitely going to this tourny.

been talking to lotta melee players and WC attendance is looking really good

tibs7

Smash Champion
hey am interested in flying in from Melbourne, Australia.

but i have no idea how to find cheap flights or even which airport to go for this :S

can someone please help? :)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
hey am interested in flying in from Melbourne, Australia.

but i have no idea how to find cheap flights or even which airport to go for this :S

can someone please help? :)
tibsss =D

newark airport is gonna be the closest to the actual venue,, idk what gonna be cheapest =x

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
LGA is usally cheapest

Newark is closest
This.

And if you can get someone to pick you up from the airport, which really shouldn't be a big deal, then the distance (since Newark is indeed closer) is negligible since LGA is cheaper. JFK is an option, too.

Yubi

Smash Cadet
Alex, is there gonna be an "official hotel" nearby the venue that's gonna support this event??? So far, lot's of people from around the world are going to this tourney. We need like a 60 story hotel :p

P.S. I'd like to explain myself a little more but my english vocabulary is kinda short on words :/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Alex, is there gonna be an "official hotel" nearby the venue that's gonna support this event??? So far, lot's of people from around the world are going to this tourney. We need like a 60 story hotel :p

P.S. I'd like to explain myself a little more but my english vocabulary is kinda short on words :/
there was a main hotel last time too, although i forgot the name of it...

i dunno if i'll stay at the main one, or the one I personally stayed at last year. Cheaper and it was next door to a fuddruckers :laugh:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We have worked out a deal once again with the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick.
Two Albany Street,
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901
Tel: +1 732 873 1234
http://www.newbrunswick.hyatt.com
The hotel is located down the road from the venue and available at a discounted price. You may call them up or register online via their website.
When calling mention “Apex gaming conference” for the discounted rate. When registering online please make sure to use the group code “APX“. If you do not use the group code you will not get the group rate and will pay normal price.

Single Occupancy$119
Double Occupancy$119
Triple Occupancy$144
Quadruple Occupancy$169
Suites$219

The “cut-off date” is 12/19/2011. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date will be based on availability at
the Hotel’s prevailing rates and will be credited to the Group’s Guest Room Block.
Regarding housing: A thread will go up on Smashboards relating to this and helping out any of you that are in need of housing. Once that thread goes up, it will be posted here.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Are those rates the discounted ones? Or what the original prices would be without the Apex discount? Either way, housing would be cool if I come to this. Also, there's a few people that I wanna rematch via Money Match with or without facing you guys in pools/bracket.

That is if some of those people are going. Never rematched Seibrik like I wanted to. And if Nicole, Illmatic and Logic go, I wanna fight you guys. Redemption from WHOBO 3 for me! There's a LOT of people I wanna face. I'll figure it out.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I just checked the pictures for the rooms.

........holy CRAP. O_O A double bed room is....just....nuts. Are the rooms as depicted in the photos from the website?

[EDIT #1]

Whether I got housing or not if I come to this, if I go to this hotel, I'm sure as hell ain't giving up a spot on the bed anytime soon.

[EDIT #2]

Does the Double Occupancy/Triple/Quadruple mean that the rate per night increases per amount of people that are staying in the room? Or for Double/King/Suite rooms?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
yep, they're the same thing (although I think the TVs are different)

even the lobby is awesome @_@

M@v

Subarashii!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13093072#post13093072

APEX Teammate thread!

Also, glad to see you got the discounted hotel rate again. The place was pretty nice. Still kinda pricey, but for the quality of the place+walking distance from venue, its a good deal.

Lastly, I'm soooo hyped for this. I'm doing all in my power to go to this, but I'm trying to find a way to both afford this and a Spring break trip, because I've never done one before :p. This is my priority though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
think i may have to host another event to gather enough funds for this, such a shame...not...i love hosting XD

M@v

Subarashii!
So my parents were awesome enough to get me a camcorder for my 21st. Its smaller than most cell phones, yet can film in HD720P quality.

Expect me to be doing a lot of filming and interviews at this event! I'll probably be making an apex montage video as well, since I'll also have access to video editing software.

The awesome thing about all this is my parents bought this assuming I would use it for something like this. Too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom