• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Friday, January 6th:

9am-11: Check in
11am: Super Smash Bros Melee Doubles Bracket
4pm: Super Smash Bros Melee Singles Pools
6pm: Pokemon Black/White
8pm: Super Smash Bros Melee Bracket until top 8
Saturday, January 7th:

8am-10am: Check in
10am: Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles Bracket (Until top 4), Super Street Fighter 4 (until top 8), and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom begin (To top 8)
Noon: Mortal Kombat 9 begins (Until top 8)
4pm: Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles pools begin
Sunday, January 8th:

8am-12pm: Check in, and Casual play.
Noon: Mortal Kombat 9 top 8
2pm: Super Street Fighter 4 top 8
4pm: Super Smash Bros Melee top 8 singles and top 4 teams
7pm: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 top 8:
9pm: Super Smash Bros. Brawl top 8 singles and top 4 teams

Hmmmm...saturday is gonna be rough on some people i know. It seems odd to have marvel sf and brawl and MK all on the same day. How come you decided to do 2 events on day 1 and 4 on day 2? Instead of a 3/3 split?

:phone:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We all felt it was best.

Also FGC came WAY after we made the schedule so we just fit it in. We will be fine though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Plane ticket bought bros. **** just got real

Signups to come by end of November

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Will Marvel have pools as well or will it be straight bracket?

...and when I mean pools, I mean like legit ****ing double elimination pools like at EVO, not round robin pools.
I still don't even know how Evo did 16+ double elimination brackets at one tourney. That was crazy!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It was crazy but it was actually efficient as well. Both AE and Marvel had like 90+ pools of 16 players in the preliminary rounds with 2 players advancing (one from Winner's, one from Loser's). The advancing players were then placed into another double elim pool where they advance to top 32, then the same to top 8. Add that to the fact that losses carry over and you have to be playing your best for literally the whole weekend. At EVO 2010, GamerBee lost first round and made it all the way to Top 8 in Super.

ALbOArBaN

Smash Cadet
Still looking for a ride to this from Staten Island (along with Tony T). Message me if you're willing to pick us up from Staten Island. (it's 20-30 minutes away).
Thanks.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Why is brawl the main event? It gets the least respect out of any game in every single stream.

Marvel or AE has to be the main event.

(By main event i mean the last to be played on championship sunday)

MVD

Smash Master
We going in you know how I do, my job should pay for me, you can say I'm working for it but I'm not cause its not really work its like free money to do nothing

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im gonna do w/e i can to make it to this
idc if i have to blow some dudes it's gotta happen

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Why is brawl the main event? It gets the least respect out of any game in every single stream.

This event has and will be an international Smash event this year. It is out of respect for this community we are putting smash last.

dmbrandon

Smash Master

Brawl is the main event, because while we're promting growth, this is a smash GLOBAL event. We have dozens of players traveling from Chile, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Europe and more!

While I'm sure we'll get a significant number of players for AE or UMvC, this is a mainstage in the Smash world. With the schedule we've concocted, it will also breed the most amount of hype for Smash from the FGC, and vice versa.

Our culture for too long has separated itself into these sub-groups, allowing our viewership to be spread so thinly. It's a horrible practice. No top game is better than any other (wit the exception of Marvel, cause it has MY LOVE.) and gamers should stand together as one, rather than hate on each other for which game suits their taste.

Nine times out of ten, the only people who compain about other games are people who don't do well at any game. Throw your egos out, and get ready for the most hype tournament East Coast has seen in years. As for Smash? Might be the biggest and most memorable event to date.

#Apex2012

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I disagree with the notion that Brawl is a "top game" but that's a different subject entirely.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee wasn't a "top game" at its peak, either. Both games' competitive popularity are hindered by the fact that competitive play isn't intuitive when you pick it up casually; with most other fighting games, it is. I'm not really trying to bash Brawl here, although I'm sure I've made it clear on many occasions that I dislike the game competitively, it's a fruitless endeavor to try to spread such sentiments. I highly appreciate the fact that Alex Strife and other big TO's still host Melee alongside Brawl even nearly 4 years after the sequel's release and it'd be highly immature (and ineffective to my goal of enjoying Melee) to be a douchebag about Brawl when the TO's are doing us a favor.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOLLL you guys, I should have just said Smash so it wasn't ambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom