• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Registration complete hotel booked... So hyped for this gonna bring my card tricks along with this and be drinking get at me in the hotel people...

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if i do show up to this and can't get free housing with the rest of houston, seriously it will not be the first time i have slept outside of a venue in the streets with 3 sweaters 2 pairs of sweat pants and a big blanket. hell it wouldn't even be the first time it rained on me doing so. hell it wouldn't even be the first time it was like 10 degrees outside and all i wanted was coffee. tbh i just don't wanna have to walk to the venue if someone will give me a ride.

edit:

ally if you cant find housing i can bring an extra blanket :troll:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What is the best way to get from the airport (Newark) to the Venue or the hotel?
There is a train station at the Newark Airport. Take the train from the airport straight to the New Brunswick train station which is blocks away from both the Hotel and Venue. Cost about $9 dollars one way.

I.B

Smash Lord
Just wondering what is going on for Melee players during the Saturday of Apex since we are not scheduled for any events. Will we still have access to setups to play?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah there will still be friendly setups, the 64 singles bracket to watch, plus a possible round robin of some sort for the Melee players.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
There is a train station at the Newark Airport. Take the train from the airport straight to the New Brunswick train station which is blocks away from both the Hotel and Venue. Cost about $9 dollars one way.
I've never ridden a train before.

Is it wrong that I'm most hyped for this at the moment?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i've been dulled by trains after countless trips on the london tube and being on the train for 2 hours a day for college

M@v

Subarashii!
Only train I've been on was the auto train. Let me take my car on board so I had it when I went to Florida for my internship. I still prefer flying, but I can't beat being able to pack my car as luggage.

ALbOArBaN

Smash Cadet
Alright everyone, I'm going to be accepting Tetris money-matches ranging from $1 - $10. I can play Tetris Axis on the 3DS, or Tetris DS on the... DS.

I don't know if there will be Wifi at the venue but if so, then I guess we can also play on Tetrisfriends if you bring a laptop or something.

So yeah, post for Tetris MMs.

Mprime

Smash Ace
Lol so uhm, how would one commute from New york west side of 9th ave between 31st and 33st, to the hyatt hotel and back. I can probly figure out on my own but i trust the judgement of those who live in the area over mine/google maps

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
There was a game for the SNES.....
That i used to love and i can't remember what it is...

But there was a level... where you were in a sink.. and had to go in the bubbles to breathe...
I think you were shrunk..

It was a side scroller....

What was it?!?!!?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lol so uhm, how would one commute from New york west side of 9th ave between 31st and 33st, to the hyatt hotel and back. I can probly figure out on my own but i trust the judgement of those who live in the area over mine/google maps

:phone:
For people arriving by Megabus to NYC:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101126211553AAyTzLa

^that will help you get to Penn Station from the Megabus stop. You then will have to take the train called "North East Corridor". You should see a list of stops at the gate and one of them should say New Brunswick which you'll need to get off at.

Usual prices:
Subway: $2.00
Train: $14.00
Total: $16.00

But don't be shocked if it's a dollar or two more.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've never ridden a train before.

Is it wrong that I'm most hyped for this at the moment?
Didn't you ride the BART at Genesis 2? They're kinda similar but trains aren't as loud.
and you're less likely to get mugged

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
yeah, it's exactly like the BART, only difference is train to the hotel is 3 blocks, not 3 miles :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom