• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ive been thinking about this for a while, and Ive had this in my head, but since he just brought it up Ill go ahead and go on the record now.

Im calling ally to win this tournament right now. And I will side bet 20 dollars on him. To anybody that wants in on it.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Judging by how Ally did vs Brood/other lolimars, I am inclined to accept, just maybe

and I mean this for singles, not doubles.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I don't think Ally has fought Dabuz or Brood with MK so Ally could be an Olimar killer now with MK, who knows. I'm really banking on Ally now although I know Vinnie can still cause destruction as long as he doesn't run into Nietono.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Just waiting on the doubles bracket!

-Atlus

Edit-

Really sucks that Yu had to drop out right away, but I'm glad Javi was still able to have a doubles partner!

-Atlus

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Judging by how Ally did vs Brood/other lolimars, I am inclined to accept, just maybe

and I mean this for singles, not doubles.

Not doubles... nahhhhh Im clearly putting my 20 on M2K and Anti to take doubles.

Ill also say that the top 4 is going to be double mk in teams.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for the whole top 4? idk.
anti/m2k and ally/dojo are going to be there idk who else, I just know that the end of the tournament is going to be like an hour and a half to two hours of straight metaknight.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Fun fact.

Melee's pot for singles is $6,785. (319 * 15 = 4785 + 2000 = 6785)
Brawl's pot for singles is $8,000. (400 * 15 = 6000 + 2000 = 8000)

______ | Melee Singles | Brawl Singles | Percentages
1st|$3,053.25|$3,600.00|45%
2nd|$1,492.70|$1,760.00|22%
3rd|$814.20|$960.00|12%
4th|$542.80|$640.00|8%
5th|$271.40|$320.00|4%
5th|$271.40|$320.00|4%
7th|$169.62|$200.00|2.5%
7th|$169.62|$200.00|2.5%
Disclaimer: This is a calculation based on the player list and the pot bonus.

The Brawl pot is a thousand more than the regular MLG season's average pot ($7,000 I think?) yet several thousand less than the MLG championship pot.

Get ready guys.

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
Anyone arriving at LaGuardia around 6:30 PM on Thursday, 5 January

or

at Newark around 9:00 PM on Thursday, 5 January:

If you have arranged a ride to the venue, could you squeeze me in? I'll help pay for gas, of course. Thanks! :)

leffen

Smash Champion
Ravenlord was second best in germany behind Ice along with kjab I believe, he's the first seed in that pool.

not even close

he isn't even ranked (which means that hes inactive) AND he'd be outside of the top 5 if he was. That pool is way too easy, please consider how inactive Smashmac has been too...

also, if at ALL possible, could you please switch Vish out with a similar seed? I already played Vish at G2 Pools, and when you pay $1000 dollars for a tournament, trust me, you don't do it to play people you have already played.
my pool is a little too hard imho, considering how well I do in europe/did at g2 (17th place along with Kage, Axe etc) and the fact that I placed 4th at BEAST 2 (which was probably the hardest qualifier except maybe rom 4)

Maybe switch me out with ravenlord? That'd make both pools much more balanced imho and its a REALLY easy and fast change

oh and I totally understand if you won't change things at this stage.
I just wanna help point things out since you guys don't seem to know much about europes scene (no offense)

Apex hype btw, leaving in a few hours!

VANS

Smash Ace
I know this is very short notice and has probably been answered thousands of times so I apologize in advance, but Isai and I would like to request a ride from the airport to the hotel. If there is a thread already made for this, can someone direct me there?

Info: We will be arriving via American Airlines on Thursday at 11:15 at EWR.
We need to go to either the Hyatt or the Heldrich (not sure which one we're staying at yet).

Thank you!

PB&J

Smash Hero
Transit is the best bet,wish i had enough room in my car because ill be at the newark airport around 1,picking people up but there is absolutely no room left now. Nj transit is your best bet.its only like a 24 minute train ride to the hyatt

:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
I heard a rumor Ken was going. I didn't see him in pools unless he was using one of his updated names like 'necromancer' or whatever.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am actually tearing up realizing how much support this event has gotten.

Everyone who worked on this event has been nothing short but amazing.

Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom