• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Stupid stereotypes ftw.

No matter what character he uses to get the win, he deserves the win. Imo, he deserves more respect for winning with peach. Especially after losing before.

:phone:

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Did anyone see m2k+armada vs Azen+tope? LOL DISRESPECT *****.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Armada is a campy *****, I don't understand why people root for him.

Haters gonna hate. To be honest, I like/respect all the top players. You can't argue with greatness.

Also the stream is BEAUTIFUL. Tears well up in my eyes as I watch this amazing Melee on my screen. It looks so professional and the quality is superb. All the hype has been fulfilled and more.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
javi ditched pbnj to team with hugs...

pbnj and soft then beat javi and hugs

pbnj exposing people? wtf

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
double post

"i respect mango, but i am not scared of him because i am the better player"

-Armada

#shotsfired

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
yeah, easily....
wow...
Yep, very easily i'm sure.

"Because YL is a real weak CPing choice. Hbox will most likely easily be able to defeat it this time, and then Armada is stuck without any choices because he never learned the matchup with his main.

Bad call imo."

- Every American melee player 2010+2011
Glad I can speak for everyone, because there's a very good reason why everyone thinks that.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Stream is looking really good and all... But cmon, updates need to happen way more often! I don't even know whos in the top 4 for melee teams.

Oh and please, please somebody update the bracket(s)!

Thank you!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Info dumb: People complaining about 'Merica instead of streaming Melee.

Get that outta here.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Is there any chance this is going to end tonight? Have round 2 pools even started yet? What has even happened lol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
LOL got some mad commentators up in here

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Why the **** aren't tournament matches on the stream? I don't think we'll ever have a stream done right in the melee community, because the person in charge of the stream is typically not in charge of who plays on the recording stations, and if they are then they are usually timid as **** or they don't care enough.

I don't want to take anything away from the Apex stream, because a lot went into it and it was done well but right now it's stupid.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Why the **** aren't tournament matches on the stream? I don't think we'll ever have a stream done right in the melee community, because the person in charge of the stream is typically not in charge of who plays on the recording stations, and if they are then they are usually timid as **** or they don't care enough.

I don't want to take anything away from the Apex stream, because a lot went into it and it was done well but right now it's stupid.
I don't think second round of pools is even ready! This tournament is far behind schedule because round robin pools take such a long time to finish! When PP and Tang got top seeds in their pool, other matches that didn't even need to be played were still played out! Bracket format for this many pools is the way to go!

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I don't think second round of pools is even ready! This tournament is far behind schedule because round robin pools take such a long time to finish! When PP and Tang got top seeds in their pool, other matches that didn't even need to be played were still played out! Bracket format for this many pools is the way to go!
I can't agree with that. The smash community has survived for so long because our pools are not bracket matches. We do round robin pools so that people can get the most amount of games in. I think that it is very important to and for our community.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I can't agree with that. The smash community has survived for so long because our pools are not bracket matches. We do round robin pools so that people can get the most amount of games in. I think that it is very important to and for our community.
Yes, I agree that getting many games in with different people is great, but it is no good for the tournament itself if it's gonna drag on for a while! The stream right now speaks for itself, nothing is going on! Hell, I don't even wanna get started when people throw games so their friends can get a hire seed!

Edit- Javi and Armada are in the same pool!
Edit 2 - No! It was faulty information! Pools are still being worked out!

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I don't think Ice made bracket =[ ... he lost to ChuDat and Niko in 2nd rd pools

Wow, and it looked like he has been playing so well in bracket. I know most of us had him as a dark horse in this tournament. Too bad.

Acryte

Smash Ace
I heard DJnintendo dropped out to go get sleep, but that was when they were gonna do bracket tonight, does anyone know if he made it out of 2nd round before leaving? Would be nice to know if he is still in this

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
There are rumors that Ice did in fact make the bracket even with two losing twice (won a tiebreaker against Niko). Not sure how true it is but I guess we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom