• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I've said for months that axe is the most overated player in the community. People had him in top 5-8 and he goes 0-2?

*shakes head*

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Stric is really good at falco dittos.
Axe would have played pikachu. and he was wrecking players b4 the tourney, so he definitely choked. I'm not gonna say whether he's overrated or not but I still wanted him to do better and I know he could have.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I've said for months that axe is the most overated player in the community. People had him in top 5-8 and he goes 0-2?

*shakes head*
Good job for predicting that. I would never had expected Axe to lose to a sapcy main except for Mango, I even expected him to beat Drpp.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Axe at his best is pretty damn good. He seems to not be good at making tough decisions in key situations. His Falco is good, but he has to stick with Pikachu.

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Axe the most overrated player in the community? Lol *******

I can't really think of a player more overrated that axe.

note that: overrated =/= bad
its just that pretty much everyone had axe in top 8 in the predictions thread. :awesome:

On anothe rnote, I was the only person to put wobbles in top 8 in the prediction thread. Get at my predictions :smirk:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hmm chillin texted me and told me hes in round 3 winners

he said he beat kage, then jman, now he plays lovage

bracket issue?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Good job for predicting that. I would never had expected Axe to lose to a sapcy main except for Mango, I even expected him to beat Drpp.
Doubt Axe could even touch Dr.pp. Have you seen him play so far? He looks like a top 3 contender on lock.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Also apparently they just said on the stream that Axe went falco against Stric.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

its just that pretty much everyone had axe in top 8 in the predictions thread. :awesome:

On anothe rnote, I was the only person to put wobbles in top 8 in the prediction thread. Get at my predictions :smirk:
Wobbles hasn't made top 8 yet.

Also for some reason Axe did go Falco vs Stric. Lol, I wonder if he was just being dumb or for some reason he was more confident in his falco.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
I think Axe has enough results to prove that he's not overrated.

Did bad this event, but more than enough results.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante

It's called upsets man, you're ********.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
so is bracket continuing while off stream? :S
sucks to miss a lot of the bracket now. kills lots of hype for me.

when is it melee going to be on again?

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
hmm chillin texted me and told me hes in round 3 winners

he said he beat kage, then jman, now he plays lovage

bracket issue?
Makes sense; the current bracket we have is made on the assumption that Ice and Chillin switched places in the bracket. I guess there were more switches somewhere along the way.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
StricNyN3 isn't getting enough credit here.
I didn't know axe went falco lol. I'm willing to give him credit that he could win in falco dittos tbh. I still don't know why axe didn't go pika ill have to ask him about it later

Charlesz

Smash Champion
They still continuing singles brackets? Matches better get recorded even though there's no stream

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If you think axe is top 5 then yeah you are overrating him slightly.

beat no ****. But it's not like he played horribly the whole tourney. Some of you take scrub predictions to heart, which is lollllll

JPOBS

Smash Hero
So I'm guessing Chillin and Jman played first round! Because Javi beat WeonX and he also just defeated KoreanDJ!
if this is true, as well as the chillin dude beaitng kage and jman thing, then the bracket we've been running this whole time is wrong in a few places.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Honestly outside PP, Mango, Armada, and M2K it's all random. Those guys are usually always finishing top 8. I say Axe could be considered the 5th guy on that list.

Him and a long list of guys

Djent

Smash Champion
Chillin won a *convincing* game 1 vs. Jman back at Zenith, and since then Jman has lost to another veteran :foxmelee: (PC Chris) in tournament. I'm hyped over his victory, but it's not really that big of an "upset."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom