• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

= Apex 2012 Official Melee Videos Thread! =

t3h Icy

Smash Master
WTF Unknown!? Next time you do a set, consider Iron Dragon's feelings before you do anything like that again.

TheLake

Smash Master
I like how people who suck complain about good players doing noble things in tournament

lol

<3 Community

<3<3 Unknown me love you long time

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Unknown is a very "noble" guy who isn't out there to cheat people out of wins, but wants to do his best in a fair fight.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Fair fights my ***, they were the ones that taught me to stop being honorable and yet he does the opposite lol. SDs are part of the battle, no johns.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
There is nothing good or bad about what Unknown did. He did what he was most comfortable with, if he wanted to continue the match then he would have.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
aight the rest of the rotation friendlies between pp/mango/armada/hbox is going up

there weren't anymore armada ones unfortunately :S it was mainly the other 3 rotating.
the vids are gonna have weird names for the time being... mainly cuz they were on a 2nd camera so for organization purposes so i didn't lose track myself lol. i'll get around to fixing them when i'm less busy.

also:
chu kdj friendlies
one match of pc jman
javi weon x game 2 bracket

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I like how people who suck complain about good players doing noble things in tournament

lol

<3 Community

<3<3 Unknown me love you long time
I suck? I don't even play anymore really I just follow things. When I did play I didn't suck though haha. Not super great by any means but I could have gotten there if I tried harder lol.

Anyways, my thoughts are with Kages. It was the difference between fighting Cactuar and Wobbles first round after all. You tell me what you'd rather have.

On a last note, thanks to Chain-Ace for getting up that Mango/Tope set. Was pretty interested in seeing that myself =).

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I know that its been a while but does anyone happen to have swift vs macd round 1 winners tucked away anywhere? I would really like to see how I did.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Swift who did you use. The only match I have with peach is peach versus marth on FD then FoD then dreamland, but it doesn't really look like a tournament set.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Nah it's blue peach versus black marth and peach won all 3 games. Looks like I don't have it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
No prob man. I wanted to see that match too, I was hoping I had it without realizing.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
jus got done watchin crew battles n let me say..mew2kings marth....wow!!!! crazy!! COMBOS!! n dr peepee at the end!! one word ****.. HAHA usa!

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
pp do u usually beat hbox that bad? that was really bad <.< even though it was on pokemon stadium

mango seems a little worse than at genesis =[ like me
Puff makes tons of sense to me and I randomly think up stuff against her without trying

plus hbox hates the matchup so that doesn't help him

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't blame him for hating it. That MU sucks for Puff (not the ratio or anything, just playing it is aggravating).

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
Puff makes tons of sense to me and I randomly think up stuff against her without trying

plus hbox hates the matchup so that doesn't help him
Hmmm. Did Hbox do improve a lot since Genesis 2? He beat Mango and Armada's YL one set, as well as a lot of other good people. Or were there many other factors as well? He seemed to fare well against you too in many other friendlies during Apex 2.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hmmm. Did Hbox do improve a lot since Genesis 2? He beat Mango and Armada's YL one set, as well as a lot of other good people. Or were there many other factors as well? He seemed to fare well against you too in many other friendlies during Apex 2.
Yeah I'd say he improved a good bit since Genesis 2.

Are you basing that last statement on Youtube videos? If so, then after that first set of matches between Hbox and I(that was the first set summonedfist uploaded between us), then I'm pretty sure I did well(about like that PS match in the second batch of videos) against him for the rest of the rotation. Hbox told me himself though that he plays much better in tournament, and lol friendlies anyway I suppose.

Wish I had played Hbox in tourney though. =( I like hitting Puff lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
sorry for double posting but I have to link more videos from kou's account lol

Armada vs Kou: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcvIHWl-wVk&list=UUSOdnkDrLP80cm-fLJ_BchA&index=3&feature=plcp

Armada vs Captain Jack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdKsK8ztGkM&list=UUSOdnkDrLP80cm-fLJ_BchA&index=2&feature=plcp

Dr Peepee vs Captain Jack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW6YtBgWvlA&list=UUSOdnkDrLP80cm-fLJ_BchA&index=1&feature=plcp

Not sure if the first two were in there or not so I went ahead and linked them. I'm pretty sure Kou recorded with me as well so there may be a few more friendlies to go up here lol.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'd say he improved a good bit since Genesis 2.

Are you basing that last statement on Youtube videos? If so, then after that first set of matches between Hbox and I(that was the first set summonedfist uploaded between us), then I'm pretty sure I did well(about like that PS match in the second batch of videos) against him for the rest of the rotation. Hbox told me himself though that he plays much better in tournament, and lol friendlies anyway I suppose.

Wish I had played Hbox in tourney though. =( I like hitting Puff lol.
Yes I was basing it on those youtube vids. But cool, that's interesting.

How come Mango uses Fox against Jiggs btw? I've seen a lot of friendlies where his Falco does really well aganist Hbox, pretty much like yours, PP (Although yours has proven itself in tourney time and time again and his hasn't). And it seems to be the same against Armada.
I mean, I guess you could say he's more confident in his Fox. But why is that so? Do you agree with the mindset that Mango would've done better against Armada or Hbox with Falco during Apex 2?

Funny how I'm always making you speak for Mango. Sorry about that. But it's really interesting to me, and you know a lot about him and this game in general. You give very fulfilling answers I guess

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mango likes going Fox against floaties more because it's easier/gives him a better chance of winning than going Falco, especially with his style.

That's more or less how he views it, at least.

Fox may also be for the people as he claimed in his blog LOL who knows. That first part is probably the main reason though.

Top Bottom