• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 SSB64 Event

Nintendude

Smash Hero
KnitePhox and Jel - when you read this you should upload your videos to ifile.it or megaupload so that Chain-Ace can get them. We want to put all the tournament videos on his channel for maximum exposure (also so that they are all in one place).

LLDL

Smash Hero
KnitePhox and Jel - when you read this you should upload your videos to ifile.it or megaupload so that Chain-Ace can get them. We want to put all the tournament videos on his channel for maximum exposure (also so that they are all in one place).
Yeah if you can, split and name them and send to me via PM :) Hopefully they're not too large in size. My matches are all labeled and split so once I get the other's videos, we should be all ready to go :)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Outside of the tournament, to Tank: Why thank you.

In general to the entire community who attended.
You guys are the most chill of any smashers I have faced (or any gamers past chess players lol.) I had a lot of fun and I did better than expected. I might buy a controller now for 64 online...might.

To my placement: I thank the hosts/others who lent me a controller for matches and eventually friendlies. Thank you.

17: KoRoBeNiKi
What the f***. Buy a controller. Your Yoshi and Falcon sucks. How did you win so many games.

People who I played in tournament in order of earliest to latest

49: Garm: Sorry for playing so anti-heterosexual. :awesome:
I hadn't played in 4 and a half years so lolKirby. Fun falcon though. Just learn to shorthop lol

9: Ownasaurus
First loss. Fun matches. Wish I played you later past when I had become used to a controller. GGs though, great matches.

33: Luigi Sama
Nice Luigi. Luigi sucks though in this game. :awesome:

25: THuGz
Was DQ'd, sooo hi.

13: Clubbadubba
Second loss. GGz, fun matches. Falcon dittos without me being able to move quickly yet...nooooo.

Otherwise/friendlies

1: SuPeRbOoMfAn ($160.00) Finally met you. lolhi and congrats

2: Isai ($80.00)
Saw you for the first time in 4 and a half year. Hi and nice job.

3: JaimeHR ($32.00)
Nice to you meet you. Great matches

4: Kefit ($22.40)
Your matches were amazing

5: Nintendude1189 ($12.80)
Nice job hosting and nice place

5: Sensei ($12.80)
Your match with Kefit was amazing

7: m3gav01t
Great placement.

7: King Funk
Nice place and hi from
barlw dubz

9: Firo
Best player I played outside of Boom, was a lot of fun. Fox was terrific.

9: Jel
Nice placement

9: KnitePhox
Nice placement

13: valoem
Nice placement

13: Rocky
13: Krazy Kirby
Saw you play, nice placement

17: Hard B0dy
17: Espy
17: gio
I believe I met you. Nice to play you.

17: hamburglar
Nice to meet you. Nice to play you

17: Chain-Ace
Knew you from before but hi.

17: Bladewise
17: Vex Kasrani
25: infamous diablo
I believe I played you also, fun games.
25: JohnsterMonzter
25: Vatgas
25: Jimmy Joe
Nice to speak/meet you. Nice to play.

25: george
I think I played you

25: Tony
see george

25: P90curl
33: Seagull
33: KeroKeroppi
Nice to meet you

33: pwii
33: Deltacod
33: AIR
33: Ray Rocket
33: VaNz
33: Xiivi (BibleLove2007)
33: pikathunder
33: Vudujin
33: ~Tac~
33: Ripple
33: jwillii
33: Duck
33: Xaltis
49: Smoke2Jointz
49: Tedium
49: Glen Cocoa
49: pidgezero one
49: Lefty
49: Tearbear
49: TheSaberGuy
49: Codi
49: Dark Master
49: Marko
49: Black Cats31
49: xivk & Jokaru
49: Zaatar Manakish
49: Homeland
49: What's the Point

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I can find another excuse to come out. How far are you two from the MCO airport?
I'm like 15-20 mins away from Orlando International Airport. Tank is probably 30-40 minutes away.

Infamous_Diablo

Banned via Warnings
just wanted to say that i had a great weekend everyonee.. i know i came off as a troll when i first joined the community but i think at apex i proved myself to be more. i didnt do too great but i deffinatley got a lot better with all the friendlies i played. shoutout to jimmyjoe and clubbadubba for being two awesome dudes. thanks again for the awesome weekend guys i cant wait for next year

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I also wanna give a shoutout to the 64 eu chat for repping (me, funk, hardbody)

I barely played friendlies at the tourney so not many shoutouts for that lol

Chain-Ace: you're good man, shame i kinda countered your style.

Johnzstermonster: close set :o your gimps were good!

Jel: our set was campy and then when i asked for advice afterwards it was "camp more" p_q LOL

Knitephox: you played well man, i gotta learn kongo jungle though haha

More to come :)

:phone:

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I also wanna give a shoutout to the 64 eu chat for repping (me, funk, hardbody)

I barely played friendlies at the tourney so not many shoutouts for that lol

Chain-Ace: you're good man, shame i kinda countered your style.

Johnzstermonster: close set :o your gimps were good!

Jel: our set was campy and then when i asked for advice afterwards it was "camp more" p_q LOL

Knitephox: you played well man, i gotta learn kongo jungle though haha

More to come :)

Not sure if are games where recorded or not but if they where its best to review what you did wrong and note not to do it agian. That is how I got better and I still have a long ways to go be for getting up to Kefits level but I will train with him much more to get better.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Going to start uploading soon. Knitefox and them probably won't get free to upload their stuff anytime soon, and I don't want to keep the people waiting.

Grand Finals:

M!nt

Smash Champion
Woo! cant wait.
lol at the guy in the yellow power shirt.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Oh god...why that image, why that picture

OF ALL THE F***ING TIMES TO TAKE A CAMERA IMAGE LOL

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I missed grand finals, but I did catch Isai doing 12 character battles.

And taking out about 25 stocks without losing a single stock with Pikachu.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea isai used pikachu in 12 chars vs both jaime and boom. it was a monster in both, watch the vids when they come out

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
MEJOR! BEST. It was great meeting everyone and hanging out and smashing with you guys. Everyone on the east coast has to try to get together more regularly since there's so many of us out here, no johns. Awesome having everyone who stayed with me and helped out with all the TVs and what not.
Can't wait till APEX 2013!

@Diablo ^ this guy.
But I'll be seeing you and Kero well before then right?

Olikus

Smash Champion
someone name the guys on the pic!

I know boom, isai, king funk and koro. Whos the rest?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
gah fine if no one wants to guess i'll give people the names. I'll only do the 64 ppl.

Holding the mic in the front row is sensei. To the right of him is isai, then boom, and koro is the guy who looks constipated (sorry koro). The guy to the right of koro using his phone as a camera is ownasaurus i'm pretty sure.

back to the left side, 2nd row. I'm the guy in the black shirt looking really happy. Guy in the blue shirt next to me is firo, green shirt next to him is jimmyjoe. The asian guy in the white shirt behind boom is valoem, and the guy behind valeom with his face partially cutoff is megavolt.

Kero is the guy who's face is partially cutoff by firo, diablo is the guy to the right of him. Nintendude is in the white shirt standing to the right of diablo with a big smile and a red lanyard. The guy standing in the red shirt on the left side is king funk. The guy standing on the middle right side with one hand on the brim of his Chain-Ace hat is Chain Ace.

That's all i can find in the pic. I looked hard for Jaime and random Brawl N00b (jaime's friend) but I couldn't find them. If I missed you its probably because we didn't meet or I'm an idiot.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
im seventeen. why whats up

oh and @ jimmyjoe.
Deffinitelly, im allways down to play some console. we should get together with some of the newyork/jersey guys soon.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i hear you.
i got that alot at apex.

its probabably because i say some pretty stupid **** on the boards and i have a childish avatar.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
its all good.
i thought most of you were 17-19. than at apex i noticed that me and diablo were the youngest kids who entered 64.

Infact we only saw three kids the entire time at apex that we thought were younger than us.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea I was kinda surprised that at 21 even I was one of the younger 64 participants. I guess the game is pretty old, but average age of the good ssb players was probably mid 20's

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone leave a pair of bud headphones at megavolt's place and did anyone possibly take randombrawlnoob's phone charger by mistake he is having trouble finding it.

Nvm mind about the headphones it's megavolt's lol

Top Bottom