• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Bracket + Predictions thread (tio file posted)

Yobolight

Smash Lord
If people are going to bet on the brackets I was told it would be unprofessional to continue with my current plan.

I'm going to Apex. I'm entered under an alias. No, you won't be able to guess who I am.

With that said I guess I can start with money matches. People I want to $5 money match:

Kefit
Jel
Banze
ALL of Illinois

Probably more I'm forgetting. I'll look over the brackets later and challenge more people.

You are definitely Don't Blink.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
knew someone would do this. Should've figured it out by you refusing a funded trip to Apex lol.

Don't blink == Sheer? Or does not even Nintendude know who you are?

And you're weird sheer. You should totally tell us who you are, predictions are half the fun and now its ruined because we'll never know if this random dude is sheer or not. We all know you're going, and once you get there you'll be recognized, so what surprise is left? Reveal yourself you coward!

Tourney is now complete with a yoshi main. Greatest tourney of all time, Peru and Japan included.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Now sk HAS to show up.

Good **** sheer

Your Ness my fox, fat sandwich match

Does this mean u have a hotel room to help out others?

FL, 1v1 crews vs IL? (Lmao we'd get bodied at teams, no one else has peripheral vision for on the fly team combos)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm a rutgers student. what do you need? for me to access RUWireless for ya'll?

it's actually a decent connection in the student center. if anyone can bring some ethernet cables, there MAY be a place to plug in, but i'm not ENTIRELY sure.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Alex Strife has said that they don't want people using the sponsor provided Apex internet connection so that leaves Mobil Hotspots/ Rutgers Students access.

Edit:

Sheermadness 100% = Don't Blink
He is registered in South Carolina (Basically Northern Florida) and is also registered for Melee (which Sheer plays) and he has a great seed and no one has heard of Don't Blink except for Nintendude who we now know was in on the prank from the beginning.

I wanna see Ness dittos of Ballin4life, Sheermadness, and Firo so badly.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
yup yup.

if you need multiple sign ins and i can't be found or playing or just MIA in general, i'm willing to say weedwack will provide access as well. and maybe megavolt, i think he's still a student?

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I'm going to make this pretty blunt: No **** no one knows who he is.
Then there's no need to get defensive about it when people point it out. You also said we can try to make that match hyped up which is where Sheer said it'd be kind of hard since we don't know who Sweet is. You're just begging for people to ask who Sweet is when you say you're going to watch only his match and that people should hype it up like if he were really a contender for Isai but it's really because he's your friend or something.

:phone:

M!nt

Smash Champion
so many cool people, don't know who to root for. Hope everyone does well!

Battlecow

Play to Win
god near shut up

sheer that's incredibly lame seriously **** you dude it takes some serious narcissism to even think that that's OK.

that said I'll MM your fox and ness

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Go to hell battlecow. It's all in good fun. I informed Nintentude and chain-ace so they could seed me if they wanted (so people wouldn't complain about playing me round 1 or 2).

You're the one with the giant ego on here.

Alias' are harmless fun.

Also don't be a giant wussy and money match my Yoshi.

firo

Smash Ace
Nice to see that sheer is coming.

I'll money match your Yoshi vs my Ness. (And/or ness v ness, yoshi v yoshi, or whatever, even though ness dittos are whack)

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah but what about the people in your bracket who are preparing for every match except the one against you? Who aren't practicing against yoshi because you're not going? Like I understand that you think it's all a big joke but it's kinda ****ed up that you just get to screw up the one 64 tourney of the year for whatever unlucky son of a ***** pulls you in the name of "joking around."

I don't even like aliases on kaillera but you have a right to "harmless fun" there. Here it's just gaining a blatant advantage by withholding information that everyone else gives because you have to be the big deal man of mystery.

no thanks on the yoshi mm

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Alias' are harmless fun.
merr we called it smurfing back in the age of empires days on MSNZone, and it never gave anyone a laugh except the people who changed their names. most of the time they did it to mask cheats, but when they didn't, it really only made the other players angry and suspicious of any unrecognizable nicks, leading to Known Only games. although some people liked to just change their nicks and when asked for an aka they'd give the most known one.

but i guess if it keeps you entertained...shrug. to each his own. i don't see much of a point of hiding one's name, especially if it's held in higher regard.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Lol shut up BC. Unless my opponents could somehow formulate a plan to get on kaillera and play Star King's Yoshi for 4 days straight prior to Apex it wouldn't matter anyway.

Plus who says I'm even going Yoshi vs everyone? I'm very confident in my Fox vs almost anyone and my Ness has gotten leagues better just in the past 2-3 weeks.

Stop being a baby over something this insignificant. I did the moral thing and informed the TO's so they could seed me if they wanted.

While my Ness has gotten pretty good I doubt I'm in Firo or Nangoku's league. Thanks though.

Oh and no hard feelings to Illinois. I think most of you are mad cool. It's mainly just battlecow I have beef with and KnitePhox made the mistake of calling me free the other week hehe. :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, that's right, you're so good that you don't even need to use your main against anyone and anyone practicing for you would be hopeless. Also there's no way that training against any of the good yoshis for an hour or so could help against you; you're miles outside of anyone's league.

That's a realistic attitude

look I don't think you're that bad of a guy but you just don't realize that some people actually take the one tournament fairly seriously.

If I were gonna play you I'd prep for your yoshi (because your fox and ness are cake and yes, actually, there are ways to practice against yoshi prior to apex) and I'd assume that you would either prep for my pika, not prep at all which is on you, or overlook me and practice for other MU's which is also on you.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Then there's no need to get defensive about it when people point it out. You also said we can try to make that match hyped up which is where Sheer said it'd be kind of hard since we don't know who Sweet is. You're just begging for people to ask who Sweet is when you say you're going to watch only his match and that people should hype it up like if he were really a contender for Isai but it's really because he's your friend or something.

:phone:
Where did I say the 64 community would hype up that match? I said "we". That does not mean the 64 community. It is referring to friends of mine and Sweet. Aka the Melee community, where people do know him, and not the 64 community, for a game he doesn't even play.

All in all, you should really learn to read more and think about what you say before you say it. Not surprising though reading the ******** bickering above. 64 is just a bunch of trolls. Only guy I have any respect for that plays is Gio. But even he is a troll rofl

Battlecow

Play to Win
Where did I say the 64 community would hype up that match? I said "we". That does not mean the 64 community. It is referring to friends of mine and Sweet. Aka the Melee community, where people do know him, and not the 64 community, for a game he doesn't even play.

All in all, you should really learn to read more and think about what you say before you say it. Not surprising though reading the ******** bickering above. 64 is just a bunch of trolls. Only guy I have any respect for that plays is Gio. But even he is a troll rofl
look dude no one even cares except near who's a troll

you're getting really upset over an insult that doesn't exist

but then you like gio so... death to you I guess? IDK

M!nt

Smash Champion
I don't see the problem with sheer going under an alias. you should be prepared to play whomever.

TJ.

Smash Cadet
merr we called it smurfing back in the age of empires days on MSNZone, and it never gave anyone a laugh except the people who changed their names. most of the time they did it to mask cheats, but when they didn't, it really only made the other players angry and suspicious of any unrecognizable nicks, leading to Known Only games. although some people liked to just change their nicks and when asked for an aka they'd give the most known one.

but i guess if it keeps you entertained...shrug. to each his own. i don't see much of a point of hiding one's name, especially if it's held in higher regard.
AoE II was plagued by this. Every 1600 player was a smurf. lol

C.SDK

Smash Ace

LOL. Are you serious? Learn to read more? Yeah, that's why Sheer assumed you were talking about the 64 players too (which is why he said "it's not hype to us." "we will hype it up" is really ambiguous when you're talking about a match where 64 players will be watching so MY BAD for not knowing you were referring to yourself and your Melee friends. Anyways, my point still stands that you've been overly defensive this entire time for no apparent reason.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Dempt I'll money match you in melee. A game I really don't even play anymore.

BC you should know styles make matches. Practicing vs a certain char doesn't necessarily mean it's going to help vs other people.

Firo/Combo/Han solo I'll money match all of you.

Anyone else wanna money match?

TANK64

Smash Lord
I'm going to make this pretty blunt: No **** no one knows who he is. When I said that I only wanted to watch his game, I wasn't expecting people to be rude and ask "Who's Sweet durpa durp". It was a dumb thing to say, so don't try to justify it. At least you can better explain yourself, but quite frankly, it was a dumb thing to say.

LOOOOL umadbro?

Yo Yo Yo, please Die.
Thanks.
No offense.

Sheer always consistently a weirdo. Geh. Why.
And you're not a weirdo? lol I really don't know what your problem with Sheer is. Why.

yeah but what about the people in your bracket who are preparing for every match except the one against you? Who aren't practicing against yoshi because you're not going? Like I understand that you think it's all a big joke but it's kinda ****ed up that you just get to screw up the one 64 tourney of the year for whatever unlucky son of a ***** pulls you in the name of "joking around."

I don't even like aliases on kaillera but you have a right to "harmless fun" there. Here it's just gaining a blatant advantage by withholding information that everyone else gives because you have to be the big deal man of mystery.

no thanks on the yoshi mm
January 7th 2013- BattleCow turns down a mm...

But yeah, I honestly didn't see the harm in him going in secret except for seeding, but you bring up a great point. I know that I have been training and taking this tourney VERY seriously (Also why I'm mad that there are no Kikoushi vids...). Although I honestly agree with Sheer about the practicing (you can't train against Sheer's Yoshi unless you play... Sheer's Yoshi). But the point is, you should of had the info, and had the chance to do your training and prove him wrong. :/ it sucks, but I wouldn't hold it too much against him as I honestly didn't realize this either.

Sheer this is what you get for playing a WEIRD char... If you played Fox, nobody would say ****.

I don't see the problem with sheer going under an alias. you should be prepared to play whomever.
This. We say this. But no one does lol.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Boom I'll money match you for $2-3.

I don't get to the hyatt until like 1am thursday night/friday morning. Where is everyone playing and would anyone be willing to come get me so I can practice?

I understand If it's too big a hassle but let me know. I'm staying with a bunch of FL brawl players so I won't get any practice with them.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You guys have no idea about my Captain Falcon. I've been trained by SuPeRbOoM himself in the ways of 64.

Prepare yourselves, those I face in bracket. :colorful:

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
look dude no one even cares except near who's a troll

you're getting really upset over an insult that doesn't exist

but then you like gio so... death to you I guess? IDK
Not mad tbh. I'm more annoyed at how ******** everyone is. Ignorance makes me want to punch babies. Fyi I actually totally forgot you despise Bio lmao I watched that Carroll hype video too many times. Did you even play?

LOL. Are you serious? Learn to read more? Yeah, that's why Sheer assumed you were talking about the 64 players too (which is why he said "it's not hype to us." "we will hype it up" is really ambiguous when you're talking about a match where 64 players will be watching so MY BAD for not knowing you were referring to yourself and your Melee friends. Anyways, my point still stands that you've been overly defensive this entire time for no apparent reason.
I thought it was pretty obvious. It's pretty ******** to assume I meant you guys when 1) You guys haven't heard of me either, and 2) I don't play remotely. Look kid, I honestly care less about if you're butthurt or not. You assumed something completely wrong, drop it.

Dempt I'll money match you in melee. A game I really don't even play anymore.
LOOOOL Sure tough guy. I'll MM. Why you want to, I've got no clue. But if you wanna think your balls are big because of it, then sure, whatever floats your boat.

Yo Yo Yo, please Die.
Thanks.
No offense.
Who the **** are you ******? Feel big and tough behind a computer? Go play in traffic. At least then you'd be getting outside the house.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Feel big and tough behind a computer?
ya'll can fight in my backyard at apex. we can have people up on the roof and spectators along the fence as you engage in smashticuffs.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
ya'll can fight in my backyard at apex. we can have people up on the roof and spectators along the fence as you engage in smashticuffs.
It's just super ****ing annoying when kids like this talk a whole bunch of **** for no reason. **** gets so ****ing old. If anything, this Tank **** is the only guy pissing me off just cause no one even mentioned him.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
LOOOOL Sure tough guy. I'll MM. Why you want to, I've got no clue. But if you wanna think your balls are big because of it, then sure, whatever floats your boat.
I dunno, why not money match the dude who doesn't play ssb64 but wants to post in here and be a giant **** for no reason.

Oh and I like melee. Played it competitively for years.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Not mad tbh. I'm more annoyed at how ******** everyone is. Ignorance makes me want to punch babies. Fyi I actually totally forgot you despise Bio lmao I watched that Carroll hype video too many times. Did you even play?
The unbiased version is that he never showed up for our MM at FC or our MM at the Dublin 64 tourney and we haven't been to any of the same tournies so we have yet to complete the MM

the real version is that he ****ied out twice and he will never MM me because he knows he'd get scraped

@tank: IDK dude I have player-specific strats and stuff. Like I know ruoka prolly doesn't have great DI so I might roll the dice with a super gay falcon ditto. Or if I know someone doesn't have much experience on a certain stage/is bad on a stage I'm good on I'll for sure CP them there. Or like since sheer's bad vs falcon I might train up my falcon again if there was a possibility of facing him. None of that works if you don't know who you're up against.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I dunno, why not money match the dude who doesn't play ssb64 but wants to post in here and be a giant **** for no reason.

Oh and I like melee. Played it competitively for years.
If you want to throw your money away, sure. How much we talking? $5? $10?

@BC: DAMN that's hateful lmao he isn't going to apex?

Top Bottom