• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Champion, Armada, Announces His Retirement

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer

If you haven't caught whiff of the announcement already, Armada has put in his resignation for competitive smash. This is what he had to say:

I guess this comes as a surprise for the most people in this community but Im done with Smash. That means Apex 2013 was the last tournament for me as a competitor. I will still go to/hold tournaments in Sweden because I love the community and I still love the game. But I do not feel any motivation to become a better player and then I think it's time to stop playing. That means I will not enter singles at any tournaments in the future (Beast included). I really wanna make a great event of it though and will work hard for it.

This is something I have been thinking about for a longer while and even before Apex I decided that Apex is my last tournament as a competitor regardless of the outcome. I wanna say thanks to all the people in this community cause you are awesome and I love you all <3

I don't expect everyone to be happy with me decision but I hope everyone can at least accept and respect this.
Good luck to all the people that still is competing in this game =)
So it appears the legend is deciding to go out on top as the undisputed Melee champion. Armada has successfully taken 1st place at all tournament events dated as far back as Genesis 2. Given the amount of talent amongst top players such as Dr. PP, Mango, Hungrybox, and M2K it is incredible that any person can keep such consistency.

What do you think of his decision? Feel free to join in with the discussion here.

Source: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332831

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
His Peach was the best. But hey, some people just need to rest from competition. I'm just going to say that you will be missed Armada.

Top Bottom