• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2013 Housing / Hotel Thread

LLDL

Smash Hero
This thread will be used to help people secure housing for Apex 2013.

Feel free to ask for housing in this thread.

If you can provide housing, please post in this thread with your distance from the venue / any contact info, and I will add you to a list of housing providers. Then, anyone who needs housing can look at the list of providers and you can discuss housing, between yourselves, in this thread. If you are providing housing have reached a capacity limit, let me know and I will mark your name with no vacancies.

Housing Providers

Internet Explorer
Dudeacockus
Hotel Information

We have worked out a deal once again with the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick.

Two Albany Street,
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901
Tel: +1 732 873 1234
http://www.newbrunswick.hyatt.com

The hotel is conveniently located down the road from the venue and available at a discounted price. See the instructions below for booking and rates.

RESERVATIONS PROCESS & BOOKING WEBSITE

ONLINE RESERVATIONS ONLY the link below will take you to a site dedicated toward making your reservation quick and easy. You will be able to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.

To view the website, please click the following link:

Please click here to book your room

Here are the current room rates:

• Single Occupancy - $129
  • Double Occupancy - $129
  • Triple Occupancy - $154
  • Quadruple Occupancy - $179
  • Suites - $129

Suite Pricing: All suite prices are quotes with one bedroom.
Room rates are quoted exclusive of applicable state and local taxes (which are currently 7% NJ State Tax & 8%
Occupancy Fee) or applicable service, or hotel specific fees in effect at the Hotel at the time of the meeting.

CONCESSIONS:

Discounted self-parking: $7.00 per day
Complimentary internet in the guest rooms

The “cut-off date” is 12/19/2012. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date will be based on availability at the Hotel’s prevailing rates and will be credited to the Group’s Guest Room Block.

Scythe

Smash Master
When searching for a room, nothing comes up. I guess it's all reserved already.

Scythe

Smash Master
Alright then, can you post when that happens or should I just keep checking the sites periodically?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
should be done by mid thursday/early friday. Takes a bit for the contract to be set.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Me and few Utahns are planning on coming
X is still up in the air
Would anyone be able to house us?

It will probably 4 max

:phone:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Searching for housing as well. Just me. I'll join w/e group and I'll pay for my room or whatever it is. Ask anyone from my previous room as I am a good non-needing roommate.

Looking just for Friday and Saturday. Sunday isn't required.

Scythe

Smash Master
So did i miss the latest batch of rooms or are there still no new ones?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
sorry about that I am waiting to hear from the hotel currently. WE WILL GET THAT ASAP.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've been doing some research and the Heldrich has rooms, is walking distance to the Hyatt & Rutgers for about the same price at the Hyatt.

Those looking to save on hotel costs, should try the chain hotels close by, like Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn etc. They're about 3-5 miles away from the venue.

Price for the Hyatt/Heldrich 3 nights, 4 people: $600+
Price for the Hampton Inn 3 nights, 4 people: $275

I did these searches just now and they include taxes.

Just something to consider in case people were looking for more affordable options and don't mind the distance.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I've been doing some research and the Heldrich has rooms, is walking distance to the Hyatt & Rutgers for about the same price at the Hyatt.

Those looking to save on hotel costs, should try the chain hotels close by, like Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn etc. They're about 3-5 miles away from the venue.

Price for the Hyatt/Heldrich 3 nights, 4 people: $600+
Price for the Hampton Inn 3 nights, 4 people: $275

I did these searches just now and they include taxes.

Just something to consider in case people were looking for more affordable options and don't mind the distance.

omg you're going?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will be adding rooms at the Heldrich Hotel

Once I get the contract signed you guys can book at a cheap rate

JerzyVR4

Smash Rookie
Hey im new to the Forums but is there Spectating allowed at this event, like i just drive to the hotel and watch the tournament?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I have a room at the main hotel. anyone that would like to room with me just send me a message

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Is there anyway I can get picked up from a megabus station? and dropped off on that Monday? Because I really need to know in order to go.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
it would be best to list where you will be left off. Based on that I can help direct you to EASY public transit that would be cheaper than getting a ride.

Engo

Smash Ace
How is the new jersey transit? We gotta take the train from New York. Should we check the schedule before hand or does it run fairly frequently?

Also please post when the heldrich rooms are available at the discounted rate because we want to book asap.

dudeacockus

Smash Cadet
How is the new jersey transit? We gotta take the train from New York. Should we check the schedule before hand or does it run fairly frequently?

Also please post when the heldrich rooms are available at the discounted rate because we want to book asap.

From NYC to New Brunswick is like every 30-40 minutes during mid day and I am still housing players. Lowered the price seeing as people have no money after traveling and the tourney. Everyone just pm me if you need housing.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Yea megabus can only take me to buffalo...So If I can get a ride there and back on monday that would be amazing....

Yttuty

Smash Apprentice
are there any other hotels with lower fares?
I'm not sure if I can afford the Hyatt hotel price

Top Bottom