• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Info Dump!

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
stream is amazing, commentator awesome, matchs are so hype and bracket update is no where to be found like every tourney. damn it's just a ****ing little thing to upload

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Added Doubles results.

Honestly, I think that over the last couple years, TOs and co have done a superb job keeping everyone updated on everything, and this thread isn't really necessary now, so shoutouts to them for all their hard work! <3

Besides, I want to watch Apex! :D

:awesome:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
whichever one is the mexican player.

maybe not as good as m2k

Icy: 3rd says "Shroomed/SFAT" when it was "Shroomed/PewPewU"

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Can we talk about how ridiculous double Peach is? Because I don't see how you can do anything when there are two dsmashes on Yoshi's Story.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Anyone play zavage? I imagine people must have noticed the same person crashing everyone around

:phone:

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Added Doubles results.

Honestly, I think that over the last couple years, TOs and co have done a superb job keeping everyone updated on everything, and this thread isn't really necessary now, so shoutouts to them for all their hard work! <3

Besides, I want to watch Apex! :D

:awesome:
I do agree, except for the lack of updates regarding the bracket. As far as I know, there were only 2 official brackets updates, sent by 8wayrun. The first was sent quite late (WBR4 was over). So I had to re-create a .tio file to be able to get updates. I also decided to host the bracket image so that people could get updates simply by refreshing the image.

Now, it might be that the hosts gave enough updates but I couldn't find them. However, considering how my bracket link spread in the chat (you even used it as the final bracket image in the first post of this topic), I would tend to think the opposite.

Considering the options available to give bracket updates of a tournament, I think it's quite a big mistake to leave viewers without fairly up-to-date brackets. Brawl TOs used Challonge (and never fully completed it...) which is a good choice, but TioPro also has a great option to auto update the bracket and publish it via Twitter.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed all the efforts done to cover the event. The stream is really good. But results updates are one of the basic results of viewers, and there are many options to do it, so it's too bad we didn't get them for doubles.

Edit : also, I'm not 100% sure the bracket I re-made is correct, I may have made a few mistakes. You may want to check that.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I watched all of Apex via stream archives last night, and most of the results were mentioned here and there. Making a correct bracket would have been tough, but giving a big list of who beat who and when in the bracket would have definitely been possible.

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
This might be a strange question, but can someone tell me how many hours, and maybe minutes it´s left until USA vs the world in Melee? It´s a bit hard for me to understand the US time :p Here in Sweden it´s 18:03

Don´t wanna miss Armada play!

EDIT: I haven´t missed it, right?

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
This might be a strange question, but can someone tell me how many hours, and maybe minutes it´s left until USA vs the world in Melee? It´s a bit hard for me to understand the US time :p Here in Sweden it´s 18:03

Don´t wanna miss Armada play!

EDIT: I haven´t missed it, right?
I think it's at 10 pm tonight. Which would be.... 4 am Swedish time? Someone confirm or correct this it please.

Of course, things usually happen later than scheduled.

Icy: how can I watch stream archives?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think he just isn't used to the non-24 hour clock. If Sweden is 8 hours time zone difference and the crew battle starts at 10pm est, then it starts at 6:00 in Sweden. Gonna have to get up super early for that.

:phone:

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I sent you a PM, I'm from Sweden, and I'm here to say two things:

1. Check your PM's
2. Juggleguy needs to learn his time zones from crawlshots, it's a 6 hour difference.

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a six-hour time difference from east coast USA.

edit: ^yep

But you can probably just wake up at 4:00 because I DOUBT it'll start right on time.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
We were ~10 Swedes in a Skype convo staying up until the end of teams GF's yesterday. Everyone ended up quite tired. =p

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Javi's probably just garbage vs Samus. He also lost to Duck in a MM, lol.

Good thing there are so few Samuses, he probably won't run into another.

Super

Smash Apprentice
Javi's probably just garbage vs Samus. He also lost to Duck in a MM, lol.

Good thing there are so few Samuses, he probably won't run into another.
Most likely lol, Samus is a unique mu and isn't a character you can just aggro.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Bad sign, though. That probably means danger versus all manner of unconventional characters--Samus isn't the only character you need to play differently towards. He may need a lucky bracket for a repeat performance. Calling it now, Wobbles > Javi if they meet up in bracket, assuming Wobbles isn't all manner of rusty from his semi-retirement (I have no idea if he's still been playing or if lengthy absences from the game affect him at all--I couldn't tell anything from watching him play in doubles because ICs in doubles is just too weird to me).

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Zoler, since you repeatedly refused to answer me in the stream chat when I logged on just to try to get information about this supposed DQ, please explain this to me, because it's why I was saying you didn't make sense.

From Apex Melee ruleset:

"Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:

* If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
* If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
* These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner."

Unless he literally missed his entire pool, which seems unlikely in the extreme, then he wouldn't have gotten DQ'd from the whole event, he'd just have gotten DQ'd from the set. And if he seriously missed his entire pool... how the hell did Armada miss his entire pool? Was he taking the most powerful dump in the history of the universe?

Top Bottom