• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So if anyone is interested in challenging the [FBC] to a Drinking Crew Battle

PM me with who you would like to be in your crew.
I would seriously like to get this thing and make it official.
Our crew is hyped too. Half of them aren't even entering smash and are coming for the party.

We'll discuss rules and what not, or if you just want to party with us.
We're down.

MAOMAO!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2552-3131-4574
I don't always post on smashboards, but when I do it's to pledge allegiance to the FBC .

FBC Mao! Will definitely be there for Apex and the drinking crew battle.

M@v

Subarashii!
Humm.

I think I'm going to wait one more year before I attempt to make it to Apex. But after that, I will be so ready. >:3
You should come. Trust me.

Also like GDX I've been at every APEX. Only tourney series besides my hope series that ive been to every installment of =D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So if anyone is interested in challenging the [FBC] to a Drinking Crew Battle

PM me with who you would like to be in your crew.
I would seriously like to get this thing and make it official.
Our crew is hyped too. Half of them aren't even entering smash and are coming for the party.

We'll discuss rules and what not, or if you just want to party with us.
We're down.
Slight interest

Apex 09 was the stuff of legends.

:phone:
It saddens me to think that I didnt even know what smash bros was untill summer 09 and I realise that I missed the most active part of the games lifespan

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Just making sure...But I won't be up till Friday 6-7 PM. I won't miss Brawl 1v1/2v2's/pools correct...? Every other year I've worked the Friday and drove up and missed neither of those events. I just want clarification on a schedule since I'll definitely be there all day Saturday/Sunday and Friday night.

Apex has never had Brawl stuff Friday (Outside of Allbrawl), but can you confirm this Keitaro/Chibo/Alex?

:018:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh, good point Joe. Hey Alex, is there any official schedule yet? That info is helpful, but other people might have scheduling questions as well.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
tant -

Friday

10:00am - 11:30am : Check-in + Free Play
12:00pm: Melee Doubles Bracket Begins
1:00pm : Soul Calibur V Begins
2:00pm : Brawl Doubles Bracket Begins
3:00pm : Super Smash Bros. Begins
4:00pm : Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v. 2012 Begins
5:00pm : Pokemon Black/White 2 Begins
10:00pm : Brawl USA vs World Exhibition Begins

Saturday

8:00am-9:30am : Check-in + Free Play
10:00am : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 1-8 Begins
12:00pm : Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 Begins
1:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 9-16 Begins
2:00pm : Persona 4 Arena Begins
4:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 17-24 Begins
4:00pm : Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Begins
7:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 25-32 Begins
10:00pm : Melee USA vs World Exhibition Begins

Sunday

8:00am-9:30am : Check-in + Free Play
10:00am : Melee/Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
9:00pm : Tournament ends
10:00pm : Closing Ceramonies

gheb - idk people should be registering asp. like i said you never know if this is the last one :D

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Is there a way we can tell where we need to go (within the venue) when events start? Like for example, where do I go on Friday at 5 PM? Or, in the case of Melee, how soon will we be able to check our pools to know which part we're in?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
singles pools would be posted before the event

same with doubles bracket.

they will be online.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
so when ya'll say "Finals" on Sunday, you actually mean, the 128 man bracket all day sunday and not just top 8 or something.

Also, is doubles running to completion on Friday?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I need my doubles money refunded since I won't be up to Nj till around 6 or 7 Friday (Unless you start dubs around 7/8). Can I have a refund and who do I talk to about that? I paid through paypal.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I really don't agree with Crews. Starts at 10pm, will most likely finish at 11pm - 11:30pm. Now if you count the time to get to the hotel and snuggle with your favorite bedpartner, let's say it'll take another hour before you're sleeping. That's 12:30AM- 1AM. From what I read we need to be there at 8am-9:30am. Of course we gotta shower, breakfast, and you know the rest, which could take 1-2 hours depending on showers etc. So basically we're getting barely any sleep... I rather keep it safe and actually not participate in the crews. It is my choice and I hope Alex Strife and whoever else understand that I rather feel good the next day. (And last year didn't happen after so much trouble) Sowwy.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I really don't agree with Crews. Starts at 10pm, will most likely finish at 11pm - 11:30pm. Now if you count the time to get to the hotel and snuggle with your favorite bedpartner, let's say it'll take another hour before you're sleeping. That's 12:30AM- 1AM. From what I read we need to be there at 8am-9:30am. Of course we gotta shower, breakfast, and you know the rest, which could take 1-2 hours depending on showers etc. So basically we're getting barely any sleep... I rather keep it safe and actually not participate in the crews. It is my choice and I hope Alex Strife and whoever else understand that I rather feel good the next day. (And last year didn't happen after so much trouble) Sowwy.
Yeah, let's not do crews since they're pointless and start doubles at 7. Then we can go down to top 8 and finish it on Sunday.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i need brawl crews to happen so i can trash talk :(

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys,

I am at youmacon so i cannot talk much.

I will say those are tenative and we will schedule teh crew battle around when playerws in teh crew are in their pools. If we can get most of those ppl done early ( with bracket pools and scheudle them ahead of time it will be easy ) we will start early.

Those are teh start times for now and we promise to make sure people sleep tight.

BTW for brawl I will see about starting brawl a little later on sunday to make it easier. how about that.

No I am not changing doubles seagull :D

All crew matches will happen so no more negative nannies. I do not know how many times I have to restate I have fixed most of the reasons why things ran late. Guess I have to say again

WE FIXED THE ISSUES AND IT WILL RUN JUST FUN THIS YEAR WITH BRACKET POOLS

K :D

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Once again, if I'm somehow nominated for crew battles, I'll be skipping out.

Also, I wanna MM every good Marth here. ZSS players thinking we lost that MU again.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It really just depends on how much you value the free play in the 8-9:30 am period on Saturday, Ally. Cause singles pools won't start until 10 am, and that's only if you're in pools 1-8 (25% of this happening since there are 32 pools in total)

And even if you are, assuming crews takes 2 hours for some strange reason (it'll probably take like 1.5 max but w/e), you can get to bed at 12, sleep until like 8 am, then have 2 hours to get ready and get to the venue.

On top of that, even if we assume the crew battle is 10v10 (with 2 subs for each team), all we'd really have to do is figure out who's gonna be in crews, and then since these crew members are probably all gonna be first seed, the guys that are doing the seeding (Alex Strife/Keitaro?) put one of each of these dudes as the first seeds for pools 9-32. That way they can take part in the crew battle and still get more then enough sleep and still make it to pools on time (cause they'll start at earliest 1 pm), probably even enough time to arrive early and get in like 2-3 hours of free play.

If some of these crew members are free non-first-seed material, it becomes even easier to keep them out of pools 1-8.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey guys,

I am at youmacon so i cannot talk much.

I will say those are tenative and we will schedule teh crew battle around when playerws in teh crew are in their pools. If we can get most of those ppl done early ( with bracket pools and scheudle them ahead of time it will be easy ) we will start early.

Those are teh start times for now and we promise to make sure people sleep tight.

BTW for brawl I will see about starting brawl a little later on sunday to make it easier. how about that.

No I am not changing doubles seagull :D

All crew matches will happen so no more negative nannies. I do not know how many times I have to restate I have fixed most of the reasons why things ran late. Guess I have to say again

WE FIXED THE ISSUES AND IT WILL RUN JUST FUN THIS YEAR WITH BRACKET POOLS

K :D
Can I have my doubles money refunded then?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we will do that for you joe. Again I am at youmacon and so is chibo so you will have to wait. Sorry.

Cool beans yo. :cool:

Dunno if I'm doing doubles yet, unfortunately. I may be teaming with Light, not sure yet. If not Light then I really have no idea, lol. Be registering soon though for singles at least, Melee.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wtf do u mean nobody cares about crews
i'd watch the **** outta some brawl crews.
but if its not gonna happen, its not gonna happen. just sayin.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
compared to everything else going on here, brawl crews is definitely on the far lower end of the 'things people dont care about' scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom