• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Yeah, not about the sets, just whether that's the structure. So best person in pools plays 4th best person in that pool in the first round in bracket and the second best from that pool plays the third best from that pool in the first round of bracket.
Well, sort of.. It would be the order of the bracket essentially. It does end up being 1-4, 2-3

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
I maybe a local MI TO, but I do know Zinoto, the best Diddy in Midwest, shouldn't face the best Wario in NA. So yeah, I question the abilities of a TO, that may or may not be trolling about what the **** they're doing. I just want to be sure things are going correctly. Sorry for criticizing a problem that is probably already being fixed, but you may never know, **** happens. :denzel:
Again, you think I have something to do with brawl and that you're yelling at somebody relevant to your situation.
y u do dis?

What's The Point

Smash Master
Yeah, not about the sets, just whether that's the structure. So best person in pools plays 4th best person in that pool in the first round in bracket and the second best from that pool plays the third best from that pool in the first round of bracket.
No. In the bracket (Not the bracket pools) you play new people. Seeds play in the way you stated but it's from random assortment of pools.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
kage are you coming to this? I must shake your hand for the last time

unless I go to canada cup and you are still playing AEv2012. but i still want a god damn hand shake

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im winning my pool kels and macd aint **** **** **** ***** **** my donkey kong *****

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm glad the decision was made to play out WF and LS in the bracket pools. Now we'll actually have some hype matches to watch during that stage of the tourney. Anyone wanna make some upset picks?

Also, Bones, if you're still reading this thread, I pretty much agree with everything you've said about bracket pools. Just know that most of the Apex staff is very stressed out from seeding players + dealing with requests for the past few days, so I don't think now is the best time to discuss the topic and expect reasonable replies from them. I definitely agree that we need to discuss how flawed and arbitrary the bracket pools format is, but it's a discussion that should be had after Apex 2013 is over, since it's too late to change it for this weekend.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey,

Please be advised that

Check-in for the setups are as follows:

Thurs 1-8pm
Friday 8-9am !

Please make sure to mark EVERYTHING that belongs to you and when you check in please make sure you pick up your ticket to hold on to for receiving your discount.

Alex

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
it will be up soon dont worry they are fixing issues now and making sure people are seeded properly.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Hey,

Please be advised that

Check-in for the setups are as follows:

Thurs 1-8pm
Friday 8-9am !

Please make sure to mark EVERYTHING that belongs to you and when you check in please make sure you pick up your ticket to hold on to for receiving your discount.

Alex

ALEX STRIFE

sooooo i'm not listed under melee teams tho i've tried to register for it thru apexseries and i've paid for it

my teams partner MOJO had to set up a seperate paypal (not thru apexseries) to register and worked that out with you directly. He also has emailed you three times to let you know that he is participating in teams and that I am his partner.

if you could please fix this and get us in the melee team bracket i would greatly appreciate it.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
ALEX STRIFE

sooooo i'm not listed under melee teams tho i've tried to register for it thru apexseries and i've paid for it

my teams partner MOJO had to set up a seperate paypal (not thru apexseries) to register and worked that out with you directly. He also has emailed you three times to let you know that he is participating in teams and that I am his partner.

if you could please fix this and get us in the melee team bracket i would greatly appreciate it.
youwere supposed to set ur team on the website yourself derp

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Dempt, neither HankyPanky or Abu are coming.

I'm the closest thing to a Melee player coming out of Columbus for APEX. I hung out/practiced with both Abu and Hanky leading up to tonight (when the rest of Columbus leaves) and both of them are too broke/concerned with school to head out.

@Edit: Hi Razzy.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Unless things have changed since Monday or there was something I didn't know about, he was never coming, lol.

He doesn't have money/has been getting destroyed by Accounting. He wasn't even able to play yesterday because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom