• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Alex, RJ,

I PM'd both of you, but Attila (Australia) in Pool 11 very clearly erroneously received Attila the Hun (Canada)'s 512 Apex seeding points.

Tournament in question was Frag For Cancer 7, at which I received 128, and Croi received 1024 points as well, for reference.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to throw this out there again, cause I'd really like this to be fixed if at all possible lol, specially since it's quite possible for us to actually meet in bracket. I've already PM'd a few people, but understandably haven't gotten a response yet, just wanna make sure it doesn't get swept under the rug haha.

I kinda think Red X and pidge in the same pool is kinda messed up. Considering they're dating each other...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Alex, RJ,

I PM'd both of you, but Attila (Australia) in Pool 11 very clearly erroneously received Attila the Hun (Canada)'s 512 Apex seeding points.

Tournament in question was Frag For Cancer 7, at which I received 128, and Croi received 1024 points as well, for reference.
This is being fixed.

Red X and Pidge are on the opposite sides of the pool so the TOs think it is fine. Issues are mainly changed if people are in the same side of the bracket.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Yeah who the **** thought it was a good idea to put me and my boyfriend in the same pool? Seriously? :ohwell:

Whatever yo, if we meet in bracket I'm forfeiting. I didn't travel all the way to NJ for that.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been addressed, but which stream will be showing Melee Doubles tomorrow and will that stream be the predominant one I should be viewing for Melee-related purposes?

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Red X and Pidge are on the opposite sides of the pool so the TOs think it is fine. Issues are mainly changed if people are in the same side of the bracket.
That's true and I respect that, just there are a few very possible ways we could easily meet up if you look at the bracket, and its not even like we're just like friends or rivals or somethin, like to travel all that way just to play your SO from back home's kinda rough, specially in losers (where it'd probs happen)... :(

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yeah who the **** thought it was a good idea to put me and my boyfriend in the same pool? Seriously? :ohwell:

Whatever yo, if we meet in bracket I'm forfeiting. I didn't travel all the way to NJ for that.
Yeah, that's ****ing WACK. Fix that ****

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
This is being fixed.

Wouldn't they both be able to meet up in winners finals or losers bracket if they are defeated in alternating rounds.

Same region is one thing, but they are dating man. You don't think they found time to play each other enough already?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Yeah this is ****ing dumb. I'm too mad to troll swf.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
That'd be like having Mango and Mew2King on the same side of the bracket. =/

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Please make sure the commentators have a copy of the ruleset and access to an updated bracket, because for as much effort as Apex puts in for professional commentary last year the commentary was a little off at some points because of commentators not knowing the ruleset or knowing what round it was, etc. etc.

Examples included someone being surprised that one player didn't ban a certain stage when there are no bans in Bo5s under the Apex Melee ruleset, and exactly no one seeming to know how certain players made their way through Losers' Bracket into the Top 8, both of which I would think would be information the commentators would be provided with.

Not to complain or anything, lol, it's just frustrating to hear people be like "GASP! Why didn't he ban FD?" when everyone at home is yelling at their computers and in the stream chat that there are no bans at this point and stuff like that. Detracts from the experience a little.

Tesh

Smash Hero
There are number of issues with 0 point seeds with people who aren't actually showing up or enterred the wrong game. Can't you just give her one of those spots?

Player-1

Smash Legend
To get tv working at heldrich go to channel 23 and turn wii on then off then on go to the 7th inventory item slot in your key item spot and have a shiny kyogre as your 3rd Pokemon with waterfall and them use it and mewtwo will teleport you and you fight professor oak beat him in 5 mins and the TVs will go to brawl

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Like, I can't even believe the argument is being made that it's totally okay because we're on different sides of the bracket. What the hell reason is there for us to be in the same pool in the first place, especially given the plausible scenarios listed that we'd end up facing each other? Out of 32 pools, what reasonable justification is there for this? It's like you said, being from the same region is one thing, but this is completely unnecessary.

It's not like nobody on staff knows who we are either. This has been a rough year on both myself and Red X in many ways, and none other than Alex Strife was there to offer support to me when I was at the lowest point of my life. I just don't get how this could not only be approved, but justified.

I've tried to do what I can on my end to help this event be as awesome as possible. I'm bringing multiple setups, tried my best to hype up my region, tried to help everyone find and plan a ****load of MMs, and have been approved to volunteer for registration, security, and refereeing. And I'm no saint for doing this ****, I'm just trying to help, but honestly, is a little respect too much to ask for in return? Is "don't put me in my boyfriend's pool" an overly audacious request from someone who's been trying her best to help out with the event? I'm not asking for an easy pool, I'm not asking for any special ****. I mean, I'm not an overly serious person and am one of the most lighthearted people I know, but this is too much even for me.

If there was any proof that nobody gives a **** about low-level players, this is it. I'm forfeiting if we face each other. ****, I'm considering forfeiting singles entirely. I've lost my motivation to play in a bracket where no one respects me in any capacity, and my and Mark's relationship doesn't need us eliminating each other from Apex pools. Come on, you all know this **** is uncalled for.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Welp, you've posted like 4 times since the last time Apex staff responded. Maybe you should chill and wait to see if you've already convinced them.

Edit: especially since they are all probably asleep by now. Just talk to them at the venue tmrw since only doubles will be going on it can still be fixed.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I'm hoping the tourney runs more on schedule then their pretourney.

Good luck to everyone competing and running

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
<3 you bro. Thanks a million. What pools are we in now?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The venue looks amazing btw which is why we didn't finish it in time. Ppl should realize the hosts are doing so much they cannot do all the request and SRT up at the same time

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
If ppl need help I don't mind pointed them in the proper person but nof too much

Already it looks like I'm nky gonna sleep tonight or tomorrow

JTsm

Smash Master
Despite the mishaps that might happen, I'm really pumped to stream monster 64 and brawl/melee doubles today.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
He was on here less than an hour ago, i think if there was a problem he would have said something. But, I don't know the specifics of the situation, just a thought. =)

How long until it begins guys?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Lucky for u guys. I cannot sleep and haven't even gotten to my bed yet :/ hell I haven't even checked in running so many errands.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Almost out of Pennsylvania, should be in New Brunswick at like 7:45/8! I'm legitimately pumped for some R U Hungry :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom