• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Results and Shoutouts

Yobolight

Smash Lord
This game is an excersice in futility unless you include the names of everyone in the picture

:phone:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I LOVE SMASH
Unknown
TANK
BOSSMAN
KnitePhox
Komotonoto
Shade
Oxolane
Banze
JaimeHR
Clubba
Jimmy Joe

i think those are the peeps, GL

also I have Kikoushi's broken sword. I wanna try to fix it and do something with it during next apex or w/e.

oh yeah and ggs flip, I played a bit with you!

SSBPete

Smash Lord
No lie, this post makes me want to abuse you more, lol

If you think Kikoushi is better than Isai... yeah. No words.
i think the average high level player is better in japan than anywhere else

i still think isai is the best in the world

ive been away for a while but i assume there are better japanese players than kikoushi, like jousuke for example

and on top of that, these japanese players weren't even playing the (j) version of smash, which i assume they would be even better at

The Star King

Smash Hero
OK then I never necessarily disagreed with you (idk but I wouldn't be surprised) so idk what you mean by "abusing" you

This tournament really doesn't prove whether Japan's average is better or not

SheerMadness

Smash Master
17: battlecow - Where do I start lol? It's much easier to detect the difference between your humor and ego in person (obviously). You're certainly one of the most passionate about the game. It's good to have people like that in the community.

17: Rumbly - Don't think I ever played or talked to you. Sorry. =[

17: Ceasar - You were the Mario I played a couple times right?? Good placing!

17: KeroKeroppi - Impressive rise from when you got on smashboards as a noob and were talking mad **** lol. You're good with a bunch of characters. Seem like a nice guy too, enjoyed playing with you.

17: Han Solo - I have no idea why I'm one of your favorite smashers but thanks lol. You seem like a chill guy yourself. You were much better than i thought you'd be. I'd strongly suggest you start playing online. You clearly have the tech skill down, you just need massive amounts of match up experience. Which is exactly what online provides.

17: Dark Link -X- - Great talking to and playing with you man. You're very friendly and easy to talk to. I know you said this is probably your last event (probably mine too), but you'll always have that legendary status due to your combo video.

17: I LOVE SMASH - Smash it was fun meeting someone I play online with so much lol. Like almost everyone I met you seem real chill and friendly. I know I talk trash online but you've definitely gotten so much better at singles. And mad props for sticking to DK 100%. Very manly.

17: oxolane - I felt bad I couldn't communicate with you very well due to the language barrier, but you seemed just as cool of a person as banze is. Your reactions to the shield breaks were awesome.

25: madrush - I'm not sure I ever met or played with you. Sorry. =[

25: Valoem - You're such a friendly guy, it was fun talking to you. You definitely freaked me out a little when you went Kirby. Not as comfortable against him as I am vs Pikachu.

25: ShadeMoneh - After years of playing online I saw you twice in person within a week lol. Another humble, friendly, chill smasher. I love the ongoing pattern of that.

25: TANK - Lookin suave as always, nice suit. Tough break having to play Kikoushi round 3 lolol. Pwn.

25: Jimmy Joe - You held it down so hard by providing that hotel for everyone. Plus all the TV's you brought. Most generous smasher? Probably. Awesome meeting you man.

25: KnitePhox - Every time I saw you, you were working on a controller or console and not playing smash lol! My Ness gets less free every day. :)

25: [MGFC] Chain-Ace - You held it down too by helping run the tourney and recording. Fun melee matches too. I'm not sure why you like Fox dittos so much lol, I don't think they're very enjoyable. I see you working those low laser tech chases, too good!

25: Vex Kasrani - Never met or played with you. Sorry.

killa k

Smash Ace
Best weekend I've had in forever. Was awesome meeting all these people I've seen on smashboards, or on kaillera, in person and just smashing it up!

SHOUTOUTS:

Kikoushi: Good **** man, coming all the way from japan and bringing that monstrous kirby. We never played, but I watched you destroy most of the other people you played LOL. Great job getting first. Didn't know you put that much emotion into it until you cried in your interview. That outfit you wore for GF was gdlk.

Isai: We didn't play at all LOL. Only spoke you a few times. Was cool finally seeing the world champ in the flesh. Idk how you got out of those hairy moments with Mario's up b in Gfs man. HOW DO YOU DO IT?

SuPeRbOoMfAn: Finally met you after 3765754 years. There was too much element, and made DI this weekend brah. Those friendlies were too fun even though I got ****ed up every time rofl. Was awesome hanging and watching your matches. Hilarious guy, as shown from the quotes knitephox posted LOL.

Ruoka Donchan: Same as Kikoushi. Good stuff coming out from Japan to represent and very nice placing. Also didn't get to play you but heard great things about your falcon.

JaimeHR: Another oldschool kaillera face I finally got to meet. Oh man Jaime you're too funny man LOL. Fun stuff in friendlies. That elmo impersonation was godlike LMFAO. Great stuff getting 5th.

Sensei: This was like one of the few time I EVER got to play you. It's great that it was in person. Fun stuff in friendlies. Got me with 3 falcon punches one game and giant punch through the rapetent LOL. Sad that Kikoushi's sword broke :(. Yo get bodied by Jaime's elmo impersonation by the FAT trucks LMAO. It's cool, we all got bodied.

Kefit: Oh man I was prepping to take you out for a while, but it didn't work out :(((((. Good stuff in our bracket match, and your fight vs YBOMBB was awesome. Your reactions when you mess something up are gold LOL.

Nangoku: Same as Kikoushi and Ryouka. A ness making top 8??? Yo GDLK! Also didn't get to play you, but awesome ness.

Firo: Got to meet the man behind the galaxy64 server in the flesh. Awesome stuff getting 9th, and with ness to boot. So GDLK! Was cool hanging out at the diner and stuff as well. Wait a min...I STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED YOU 1v1!!! Oh well maybe on the server sometime. Fun stuff in teams as well. Dat Fox.

Nintendude: Man so much props go to this guy for holding it down for us and getting everything to run smoothly. Very nice placing, and great stuff with commentary. We also didn't get to play :(.

YBOMBB: We didn't play at all except for maybe teams lmao. Your match vs Kefit was too good. Sucks that the tornado ****ed you over. I still wanna hear the story behind how you broke your joystick like that LOL.

SheerMadness: Was awesome seeing you again. Thanks for the tips/motivvation before my match against Kefit. Draft crews was pretty cool ignoring GODMASTER KIRBY LOL. Good **** getting 9th

ballin4life: Barely got to play ya, but was cool seeing the man behind those awesome combos on youtube. Thanks for letting us borrow your toothpaste :))). GG leaving your shirt behind in the bathroom though LOL.

b-rex: We played only one game, and I had no idea who you were rofl. You managed to win it then left to do something. I WANT MY REMATCH DAMMIT!

m3gavolt: Never got to play you, but was cool seeing the man behind the famous MEGAVOLT KICK. Was cool watching you MM vs battlecow as well.

banze: This guy is too awesome man. Great pikachu and a nice/funny guy overrall. Awesome that you came all the way from Brazil to represent. Good stuff in friendlies and thanks for letting us borrow your toothpaste, Crisis avoided since ballin had left LOL.

battlecow: Yo that hat! Good stuff with the commentary brah. We didnt play much but GGS the few times we did. Also watch your MM with megavolt. I must say, you freaking out whenver you messed up was priceless LOL.

Ceasar: DUDE, you gave me a surprise. Didn't expect you to be as good as you were. I'll admit i was pretty salty after our bracket match, but GGs. Great Mario player. I got bodied on peaches castle lmao.

KeroKerroppi: Another surprise. We played like once, but also didn't expect you to be that good as well. GGS!

Han Solo: Never played you, but I heard you were breaking shields with fox. +100 points in my book.

Dark Link -X-: The legend! Was awesome finally seeing you in person. We played on kaillera like once a really long time ago so you probably didn't remember me. Fun stuff in teams.

I LOVE SMASH: Yo this guy and his DK, too good. Teams was awesome, and it was great meeting/talking with you. Had no idea you were from NYC too lol. If only MATTS! showed up. You guys would be killing everybody in teams EZ PWNED 100% BEST!

oxolane: We didn't get to play, but was great meeting you. Awesome stuff coming down from Brazil to represent. You and banze should definitely get into online play.

madrush: I remember playing you in friendles a bit. Nice meeting you dude GGS.

ShadeMoneh: Who's this scrub?

TANK: Oh man so many back and forth duels in friendlies. Was great meeting you again. This guy just rolls up in apex with a suit and shades. Too classy brah lmao. That face at 7-Eleven when you heard TSwift LMAO too good.

Jimmy Joe: SO MANY PROPS TO THIS MAN RIGHT HERE. What a guy getting the housing for all of us. Although you said we didn't have to, I felt bad about not chipping in. Chip in was more than I anticipated and I would have been broke. Def have to make it up to you somehow. Overall, great stuff driving us, along with tvs and luggage too and from the venue as well as getting food etc. Definitely one of the MVPs for this weekend. You have my number so I hope we meet again soon!

KnitePhox: YO you saved my *** selling me one of those replacement joysticks or I would have been borrowing peoples controllers all weekend. Was awesome meeting you after our skype teams. MAJOR props for bringing out those overclocked consoles. Made teams so much more gdlk. Yo those gameshark codes were too good LOL. Was great hanging out. You are too funny man LOL.

Chain-Ace: Great stuff running the tournament with nintendude as well as recording. Suck about what happened to the commentary :(.

Vex Kasrani: WE MISSED EACH OTHER dghgfsdfsg

cmu6eh: Nice meeting you that short moment where you explained your name to boom LOL.

Komotonoto: GGS in bracket dude. Was great meeting you. Funny guy lmao. That DI at the FAT trucks LOL. Those parries vs sheer during the draft crews were too good.

Cobrevolution: GGS in bracket dude

Combo Blaze: Nice meeting you brah. Great falcon going for swag combos LOL. Fun stuff in teams as well as hanging out.

Stranded: Yo this kid surprised the hell outta me. Awesome Fox player, and though I hate fox dittos, ours were great stuff. You are quite the character LOL.

KoRoBeNiKi: We meet again! Good stuff in friendlies. You improved on n64 controller quite a bit. You were in the melee/brawl are most of the time though.

Eikelmann: Was nice meeting you again. We didn't get to play, but i watched you play in the Links vs Stinks crew battle in melee. Good stuff :).

Jel: Finally caught you, but we couldn't play because you had to leave :(. Nice meeting you overall. Maybe we'll play next time.

shyguy88: Shoutouts to this guy entering every event LOL.

BOSSMAN: Was nice meeting you dude. Fun stuff in teams.

Maliki: I remember we played some friendlies. GGS dude.

UNKNOWN: Oh man you surprised me when we spotted each other at the OC'd consoles. Good stuff coming out and was awesome finally meeting you after all these years as well as taking names in teams LOL. The n64 pad isn't your main controller but you did pretty damn good. Was fun chatting and reminiscing about the old days. Thanks a lot for helping me out with getting to the Rutgers Inn Friday night. Also dat iXi hat ;).

Q: Was awesome meeting you as well. We didn't really know each other on kaillera, nut it's always great meeting kaillera peeps in person. Thanks a ton for driving me to the Rutgers Inn friday night along with UNK. Much appreciated dude.

GODMASTER KIRBY: **** MAN WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD?!?

and of course

Alex Strife: Running this entire event must have been so tiring, and stressful, but everything ran quite smooth. What can I say other than you're the man. I heard this may be the last apex which made me sad. This was by far the best tournament I've ever been to, and I would gladly attend the next one. Overall, amazing TO work dude.

For anybody I missed, my deepest apologies. GGS EVERYBODY!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
SSB community has gotta be the most fun, friendly, and chill gaming community in the world. My shoutouts will come tomorrow.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
There's no doubt in my mind that the Japanese have more high level players than us. That's my opinion.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Ruoka and Nangoku are around the skill level of our high tier (but not top tier) players. Do we have any idea how they rank in Japan? That might give us a general idea of what the top end is like in Japan relative to over here.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
We know Jousuke is at least on Kikoushi's level. Red Mario is probably on par with both of those too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL26DDAxmhM

In the vids I've seen Sima (Ness) looks more impressive than Nangoku. Although they are old vids.

Tatuman beats Jousuke in a 12 character battle here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPRx046SIJo

We know Prince *****. This is all solid video evidence (IMO) that I can find within 5 mins of looking at Youtube. And we know there's a ton more high level Japanese players we've probably never even heard of.

kys

Smash Ace
We know Jousuke is at least on Kikoushi's level. Red Mario is probably on par with both of those too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL26DDAxmhM

In the vids I've seen Sima (Ness) looks more impressive than Nangoku. Although they are old vids.

Tatuman beats Jousuke in a 12 character battle here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPRx046SIJo

We know Prince *****. This is all solid video evidence (IMO) that I can find within 5 mins of looking at Youtube. And we know there's a ton more high level Japanese players we've probably never even heard of.
I was always under the impression that because Jousuke used Samus and Red Mario used Mario, when they transferred to NTSC and our high tiers Isai and Boom would still **** pretty hard (and I would still pick both of them 1, 2 in a 12 character battle).

A ness is a ness. A turd is a turd.

Wasn't Prince just amazing with combos, but not really good in matches? That was my assumption for a long time. But I suppose we all know what assuming does.

In a Japan vs. us SERIOUSPLAYFORYOURLIFEANDSOUL battle, I would still totally take us.

Not that it matters a whole lot. I loved that the Japanese came and I hope more come to future tourneys/APEX'SSSS

M!nt

Smash Champion
NTSC is like a type of television format

J and U are just different versions, a PAL game wouldn't even work if you had a way to insert it because its made for a different format television(PAL)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
you guys do remember King Funk's posting about the n64 tournament he went to in Japan.

In terms of who is better between NA and Japan (you really can't say US alone or Japan probably wins outright,) I think that this is similar to European Melee where we have the technical best but they have more top level players. I mean, they have 150 person offline touraments yearly (and 250 person
fake smash, I mean
online tournaments well) so it would make sense that they would have mor.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
had a great time entering this tournament, props to all those who stepped their game up for this tournament, was sick to spectate a lot of your matches and sit down and play a few, ggs

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
In old videos prince ***** everyone lol he even tried cool combos and edguards, nowadays, who knows...

When apex videos will be avaible? :( i check everytime isais and jels youtube account hoping for new videos but... :(

B Link

Smash Lord
In old videos prince ***** everyone lol he even tried cool combos and edguards, nowadays, who knows...

When apex videos will be avaible? :( i check everytime isais and jels youtube account hoping for new videos but... :(

n00b check out chain-ace's youtube xD

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Jel's probably been busy working. I know Tank has a bunch of videos too, including my tournament match with Nangoku. Hopefully they'll get the chance to start uploading soon.

EDIT: oh lol chain-ace has been uploading all the matches with dead commentary, he's just been quiet about it http://www.youtube.com/user/flame6753

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
Thanks blink for not sending the link :) thanks kefit for the link!

Thanks for chain-ace for uploading the videos and not posting about it anywhere (well i didnt see any links :p )

Jk, thank guys =]

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Man I missed like every single edge guard opportunity I had vs Jaime. It was bad lol.

I was lookin mad relaxed on camera too. Clearly that didn't help.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUT TO ALL MY N16645 (sorry if I forget ppl D:)

Knitecox - for being extra homosexual with his OC CONSOLA http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/wtf-h4x.jpg

Combo420Blaze - for being a fat ******* http://i.imgur.com/2SeGh.png

Rumbly - For being a black person -. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh177/Angleae/cute-puppy-pictures-i-got-a-rumbly.jpg

Han Solo - for being the blackest white person EVAR ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfbGGZE07M

5h33rM4dN355 - for being a shy niglet http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/186/3/c/yoshi_on_drugs___by_machateo-d565j5b.png

ShadeMoneh - for being MAH N1kka http://i.imgur.com/Dr8uG.jpg nah but ggs in tourney you son of a...

Firo - for server http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/45/ec0489a4976a6b2b36a8d11f45009682/l.jpg

Jaime - for huehuehuehuehuehuehue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNrbytZkTeM

Jimmyjoe - for Hotel #omfgTYSOMUCH http://www.gerryriskin.com/Thank You.jpg

Superboom for being a brony http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2011/06/LukeAllen1.jpg

Nintendude for lettin me use his laptop :D http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/yolo+swag+hagrid.+he+be+pimpin+dem+hoes_28a3fa_4080613.jpg

Banze for lettin me use your toothpaste (i think) http://www.samtripoli.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rotten-teeth-smile.jpg

battecow for... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sEHV8WZ4ew

ILOVESMASH FOR BEST KONG ON DA PLANET http://i.imgur.com/DqKln.jpg

TANK for having MADSWAG http://files.myopera.com/snesh1/albums/8092572/1SWAG GOT 2 STOP.jpg

Cobrevolution for being a cool kid http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/23659-af23038c7c78881a563f66f53056243f..gif

Weedwack for GGS! http://files.sharenator.com/I_aint_Even_mad_RE_REPORTED-s294x210-95117.gif

BOSSMAN for being so ****ing good at life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InGtiEXQyF0

UNKNOWN for being FLY LIKE A MOTHA FUK1N G 6IX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ7NYA6qLW8

LLDL

Smash Hero
Oh I haven't been "quiet" about uploading the vids, I just qued it up this morning and went back to sleep because I got really sick after apex.

I want to ask if you guys can forgive me for the lack of audio on these videos. Most of these matches are once in a lifetime matches, and I feel as if my setup blew it and (I did extensive testing and, of course, it has to happen at the only important moment it has to function properly) let everyone down. I have already looked at my equipment, and it seems a composite cable going from my mixer to the capture device came loose which resulted in no audio.

All of the tournament matches that I have, have no sound, it turns out the only ones that do are the test videos that I recorded before they made me move my recording setup from one side of the room to the other. I already have a solution to this with my current setup. I am recording the audio with xsplit and also separately from the video file as backup. I am also recording two separate video streams to make sure that no match gets lost.

If you guys are willing to trust me with the main setup next event, I have already invested in a better, more beastly setup. No one seems to be too angry about it, but know that no one is more upset that this happened than I :(

Sensei

Smash Lord
No worries chain-ace! Appreciate your effort in this and look forward to more events and recorded matches and streams.

I strongly suggest having a live stream at all times as well as recording on the same setup so as to have viewers say if there is a problem with the sound/video, and it would make the event more epic.

Apex should not have a contract that limits streams of different games, that is pretty silly.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
thats not even that bad

my windows went all poop dumb **** and i couldn't do ANYTHING

at least you got FOOTAGE

thanks and GJ

Nintendude

Smash Hero
That is 100% false. In fact we probably have the highest percentage of our bracket matches recorded out of every game at Apex. We should get a video thread going once everything goes up because it'll be split among several different channels.

Top Bottom