• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

SheerMadness

Smash Master
No cap raise this time? Only 4 away from 100..

Near I still don't know why you're posting in here after all the trashing you've been doing of ssb64, but there's going to be a stream all of friday. We'll see matches and I'm sure they'll give updates on it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You guys should start seeding and making the bracket then (no, i don't have patience). I wanna see who's gonna get bracket pwned the hardest.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Damn, y'all are fast. Isn't today like the last day lol.

Even though like nobody else from FL is going except for me, Wizzy, and E-kelMan, I figured I should try to help myself get some seeding love if I already haven't lol. But I haven't lost to anyone in FL except for Sheer.

If you don't follow my channel, in the most recent tourney Hbox hosted last month I got beat Loto, and Sheer in winner's bracket specifically. Hope this helps lol.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
You lost to me IN florida :troll:

**** need to register as a spectator today but no time to do it **** me

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea just saw that. Soooo I don't have to register **** I can just show up or whatever? Hopefull the firemarshall doesn't show up...

Battlecow

Play to Win
yo I don't lose to anyone except firo

and that in like 3-2 2-3 3-2 tight grand finals's

seed me gud plz

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You guys should just pay them off if you want a top seed.

Way more manly than politicking for one.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
^^Damn, y'all are fast. Isn't today like the last day lol.

Even though like nobody else from FL is going except for me, Wizzy, and E-kelMan, I figured I should try to help myself get some seeding love if I already haven't lol. But I haven't lost to anyone in FL except for Sheer.

If you don't follow my channel, in the most recent tourney Hbox hosted last month I got beat Loto, and Sheer in winner's bracket specifically. Hope this helps lol.
i'm not attending from florida.

firo

Smash Ace
I'll be taking Galaxy donations money matches from pretty much anyone during the tournament. Just let me know what you want to do if you are down for one.

I also have a score to settle with Komotonoto for Pokemon Puzzle League - so I'll be bringing that game too, if any of you guys play that also and want to play or money match.

Battlecow

Play to Win
u funny

I might mm like your luigi to see if it can win within ten minutes

im hella good at running away

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You guys should just pay them off if you want a top seed.

Way more manly than politicking for one.
interestingly, it may actually be beneficial to be a lower seed. like in the NCAA tournament it is better to be an 11 seed than a 7,8,9, or 10.

I'll fox ditto MM anyone dreamland only. Wassup.
once again: i need a chance at revenge

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I also have a score to settle with Komotonoto for Pokemon Puzzle League - so I'll be bringing that game too, if any of you guys play that also and want to play or money match.
Uhhhhhh yes.

I would definitely like to play PPL/Tetris attack. Haven't played the n64 version in a long time

Will this be setup in the tournament venue or somewhere else?

Battlecow

Play to Win
interestingly, it may actually be beneficial to be a lower seed. like in the NCAA tournament it is better to be an 11 seed than a 7,8,9, or 10.
7 faces 8, 11 faces 6

11 prolly loses first round 7 has a >50% chance of making it to the top 32

IDK man I guess there could be some weird statistics thing where 11 places slightly higher on average but let's be real, higher seeds are better

unless it's seeded SO badly that a low seed enables you to get a cake bracket all the way to WQ's or something which could happen I guess

ballin4life

Smash Hero
7 faces 8, 11 faces 6

11 prolly loses first round 7 has a >50% chance of making it to the top 32

IDK man I guess there could be some weird statistics thing where 11 places slightly higher on average but let's be real, higher seeds are better

unless it's seeded SO badly that a low seed enables you to get a cake bracket all the way to WQ's or something which could happen I guess
7 faces 10 but then gets the 2 in the second round

11 faces 6 then 3 in the second round.

if the top 2 seeds are really really good then it's better to be the 11 seed. you can go farther before having to face the top 2 seeds.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I hate you...

<3

I was talking about tourney =P . I think everyone has taken a friendly or two off me lol.

Hmmm :smirk:
Tank lets mm

Oh god!! a weekend away from traveling!

Couldnt be more hyped. this is going to be owesome.
Dont know if I asked you yet but lets mm.

I'll fox ditto MM anyone dreamland only. Wassup.
OHH ok I will take your MM then but you have to take my MM too!! This time we have to play.

I'll be taking Galaxy donations money matches from pretty much anyone during the tournament. Just let me know what you want to do if you are down for one.

Firo lets MM. I wanna see if I got any better in one years time and this would be a good test for that.

mm on hyrule, battlecow?
BOOM we need some DK dittos again lol

Uhhhhhh yes.

I would definitely like to play PPL/Tetris attack. Haven't played the n64 version in a long time

Will this be setup in the tournament venue or somewhere else?
I did not play you the last time so this time we need to play.

dibs on playing clubba on stage
...Damn where'd that OG post go!!!
How about that mm b-rex?

You guys should start seeding and making the bracket then (no, i don't have patience). I wanna see who's gonna get bracket pwned the hardest.
We already have
Let us see the bracket :)

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I would just like to remind everyone of our MMs. If it's not specified, it's best of 5, standard rules (stagelist alpha).

nintendude...............$10
firo..........................$10
ballin4life's fox..........$5
ballin4life's ness........$5
ballin4life's CF...........$5
boom's puff on DL.....$10
battlecow on DL........$10
tank..........................$5
chain-ace fox on DL....$5
Jel............................$5
banze......................$10

Man, this $80 is going to be a nice bonus on top of whatever I get from singles.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Your Up dude! you play pika as well right?

Jel, lets MM to! =]

see you guys at the tourn!
yeah I play pika

this is gonna be TOO FUN!

ballin MY BAD

but 11 has a harder time making it to the second round in the first place

and the diff btwn 2 and three isn't necesarily that great

I'm just saying >50% of the time 7 gets farther than 11 given that the two are of equal skill and deserve to be in their spot.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
I'm excited that I've registered for Apex and it's already a week from now, but... something came along my way that's causing me to change my mind about attending. Rather disappointing for me to come to this point, considering this is my very first tournament. I really have the desire to come, but I'm not sure what to choose right now.

I'll have a definitive answer before Wednesday.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
yeah I play pika

this is gonna be TOO FUN!

ballin MY BAD

but 11 has a harder time making it to the second round in the first place

and the diff btwn 2 and three isn't necesarily that great

I'm just saying >50% of the time 7 gets farther than 11 given that the two are of equal skill and deserve to be in their spot.
11 has a harder time making it to the second round but an easier time making it to the 3rd round.

Also if there's little difference between the 2 and the 3 then obviously there's little advantage to being the 11. I'm merely saying that there are lots of reasonable scenarios where it's better to be the 11 - e.g. if the field is top heavy (1 and 2 are >>> 3).

Top Bottom