• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

Sedda

Smash Champion
Why has nobody pointed out the obvious?
Boomfan and rudy are gonna play each other. Canada's S tier order will finally be determined...

Also, Justin Wong vs Skyfire? wtf????

Olikus

Smash Champion
im bringing 3 controls to apex. Helping with greasing would be very appreciated, and I pay for the grease, and time of work if neccesary. Cant wait to meet you guys =)

Olikus

Smash Champion
im bringing 3 controls to apex. Helping with greasing would be very appreciated, and I pay for the grease, and time of work if neccesary. Cant wait to meet you guys =)

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
ATTENTION DENIZENS OF APEX
I will be bringing ceramic grease with me in individualized packets to sell to people! My goal is not to make money but to break even on costs while i show many people the wonders of greased controllers and to prevent the further decay of n64 controllers. As a result i will be selling the grease packets for 1$ apiece (they cost 1.50$) OR you can have me grease your controller (and teach you how to do so) for 3$. I would do it for free but honestly its a bit time consuming and will cut from my time spent in friendlies. each packet has enough grease for roughly 8-10 controllers so its a pretty good value. ALSO you can buy the same grease in a larger container at an auto parts store for an even better value. I bought the packets so that i could distribute the grease more widely to people who want to try grease or want to try a new grease. Just find me at apex if you are interested or if you are staying at weedwack's i can do it there too

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
not to mention the complimentary service where i teach you how to grease it yourself! (im sure you guys are already well trained on that tho)

mixa

Banned via Warnings
This Apex is gonna be really something. Have you guys thought about it?

When I was a little kid the cul-de-sac in my street had very few houses around it and several trees directly across the street line. The dense canopy would seal us from the other side.
What could exist behind those trees? I took my chances, tried taking a peak, tried getting in, then always ended up running away from it. There was a sense of awe.
One day the governor decided to bring civilization to my part of town and cleared all that green. The dead-end was connected to a new street and everyday when coming home I could see what was there all along.
I was thankful for the mystery.

I've been considering the Apex situation, and I must confess to you something that's been troubling me: I'm not sure I'm ready to see SK. Part of me wants his face to stay mysterious forever.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I have a bad feeling about my performance tbh. It's just pre-tournament jitters, but yeah.

I'm not sure how to get rid of the nerves.

What do I do

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I have a bad feeling about my performance tbh. It's just pre-tournament jitters, but yeah.

What do I do
dude you have the perfect bracket to actually make it to top 8. Aside from boom (who will crush you), you have banze and kefit, both of whom are pikachus with little experience against good yoshi's. Firo wizzrobe and greginator are also on your upset alert radar, but otherwise I think you should make it out of this pool.

mixa

Banned via Warnings

Battlecow

Play to Win
SK nerves are good, just play your best and use them and stuff.

You have a serious shot here. I mean, I'm not gonna say you're the favorite to make it out, but you can do it.

If you get emo you will lose. Kefit isn't bad enough that you can beat him while feeling sorry for yourself.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm not advocating anyone drink while they're underage but I find a shot or two calms the nerves enough without making you lose focus.
IMO that'll **** with your reflexes even if it doesn't get you actually drunk. And two shots on a weedy little smasher type will actually make you play 500% worse.

Don't play smash on a shot if you don't super duper know how you play smash on a shot. You can be impaired without being drunk. If you're used to it then sure go ahead.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
IMO that'll **** with your reflexes even if it doesn't get you actually drunk. And two shots on a weedy little smasher type will actually make you play 500% worse.

Don't play smash on a shot if you don't super duper know how you play smash on a shot. You can be impaired without being drunk. If you're used to it then sure go ahead.
I said two shots because I drink a lot (and get really nervous!). one shot is ideal.

my dad's a huge car nut and there was actually an article in one of his magazines on a study done where they timed pro drivers lap times sober, after one drink, two drinks, etc. and the average lap time after one drink was the fastest (ie faster than sober). after that times got exponentially worse, as you can imagine.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
someone clarify how top 8 works.

top 2 advance from each pool, 4 in loser's

who plays who in what format?

additionally, the rules say the bo5 sets, and i just want to make sure: that means in the brackets, bo5 sets are WS (R5), WF (R6), LQ (R8), LS (R9), LF (R10), and 5th place tiebreaker (losers of LQ, R8).

is there a 7th place tiebreaker? DO IT

mixa

Banned via Warnings
cobr I think the bo5 are meant for the top 8, not the 'pools'

who plays who in what format?
I'd like to know this too. The bracket provided doesn't say how to top 8 is ordered.

Is this right?

winner of pool 1 vs winner of pool 2 (1) - W Semis
winner of pool 3 vs winner of pool 4 (2) - W Semis
then winner of (1) vs winner of (2) - W Finals

loser of pool 1 vs loser of pool 2 (3) - L Eighths
loser of pool 3 vs loser of pool 4 (4) - L Eighths
winner of (3) vs loser of (1) - L Quarters
winner of (4) vs loser of (2) - L Quarters

etc

Sedda

Smash Champion

What do I do
What koro said. youll realize it's not such a big deal. after you play a few games youll be fine. alternatively, use your shaky hands to get killer DI. your choice

Top Bottom