• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17th, 2014 - Somerset, NJ - Registration is up! $5,000+ in Prizes

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
International attendees at Apex for 64

We have: Japanx4, Australia x1, Brazil x2, Canada x8, Mexico x3, Norway x3, UK x1.

22 people OOC for 64 so far (and more coming.) International tournaments are fun.

Oh yeah, and another 30-40 who aren't from the NJ/NY area.

Half of us are outside the NJ/NY area. Hype.

Scythe

Smash Master
so in the schedule it says melee finals is supposed to start at 2pm but on facebook alex strife said he was making it last. Which is it and when should i expect grand finals to end, so i know whether to switch my flight.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
We placed approximate caps when registration opened based on many factors. This was set based on the entrants of past Apexs, the logistics of running the game at the event and how it impends the event (Pokemon we frankly don't give a crap about caps since it can run at the same time as anything else since it doesn't require set ups outside of a table), and how the events are within the community over the past year. Furthermore, we tried to keep somewhat fair for the events in uniformity, and had Melee and Brawl at 512, and 64, PM, and Doubles at 128.
hey Chibo you ready to uncap Melee :p

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
so in the schedule it says melee finals is supposed to start at 2pm but on facebook alex strife said he was making it last. Which is it and when should i expect grand finals to end, so i know whether to switch my flight.
Where was this posted on Facebook? This would affect my travel plans as well so if it's different from the official schedule I would like to know about it.

Scythe

Smash Master
Where was this posted on Facebook? This would affect my travel plans as well so if it's different from the official schedule I would like to know about it.

right after juggleguy replied and said that would be a bad idea but he never replied to him

Attachments

a nub

Smash Ace
Won't know 100% until tomorrow but it's looking like I need to find a new teammate for melee. Who wants to team with aggro falco?

nvm seems like I'll be with my original partner lol

Last edited:

smashmachine

Smash Lord
opening the year with a 625-person tournament for Melee
damn

edit: wait Brawl beat last year's total? huh

Last edited:

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
On the Apex 2014 website, I see 630 entrants for Melee singles (655 total,) 401 for PM, 360 for Brawl singles (383 total) and 157 for SSB. All together, 1,170 total unique entrants for all the Smash games. Holy cow.

For context: Apex 2013 had 338 for SSBB singles, 336 for SSBM singles, and 96 for SSB singles (no PM).

See for yourself: https://www.apex-series.com/registration/viewentrants.php

Edited (h/t Juggleguy)

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If you want to compare apples to apples, Melee has 632 entrants, not 655 entrants. The number of entrants for Singles has always been that benchmark.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
If you want to compare apples to apples, Melee has 632 entrants, not 655 entrants. The number of entrants for Singles has always been that benchmark.
Actually I think you're both right from your own point of views. Melee does have 655 unique entrants between Dubs and Singles, but only 632 entrants for Singles. He's arguing for the whole thing, you're focused on Melee. Neither wrong, just... well apples and oranges.

4% APR

Smash Champion
havent been to the EC since pound 4. I hope some old MW buddies will be here

FourStar

Smash Ace
So idk if this has been answered or not (sorry if it has), but who is the main stream for Melee?

strawhats

Smash Master
damn...it went from 632 melee singles to 622 in like 3 days. Mad heads dropping. Hope that trend doesn't continue before next Friday.

Tyler Ruziak

Smash Cadet
Guys, i tried to register online for Brawl singles, Injustice & Pokemon but registration is closed. Will there be sign ups at the door?

Top Bottom