• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Commentators for Finals/Top 8

More suited commentators for Apex 2015 Finals/Top 8?

• Jimmyjoe

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Greginator

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Cobr

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Battlecow

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Han Solo

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Karajan

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • LD

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Pete

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Bloodpeach

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Clubbadubba

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
Who of the common SSB64 commentators are most worthy to commentate Apex Finals this year?

Votes not publicly displayed.

PS: You can vote for multiple commentators :denzel:, but pls limit yourself to three or four :denzel:

Last edited:

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
Really liked Jimmyjoe and Greginator's commentary last year, hope you guys are doing it this year as well.

It would also be cool to see Nintendude commentating a bit but I imagine he'll be quite busy with everything he's doing there.

Last edited:

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
One point that kind of annoyed me watching Apex 2014 videos is the pronunciation of player's names. "aye-sigh" instead of "Isaiah", "ree-vin" instead of "reh-vin", "fee-ro" instead of "fye-ro" "kikoushi" instead of "moyashi". You guys have to be sure to get the names right. It's akin to a football commentator saying "The New England Pat Riots".

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
JimmyJoe and Greginator deserve to commentate simply based on their reputation that precedes them from 2014.

They have a way with words that really allow the audience and (especially) the stream to understand what's going on with the gameplay that's in front of them. Not only that, but the history and knowledge they have of the players allow them to provide background information and other important details of past events, player description based on character use and how they're able to compete with one another.

Also, no offense to BattleCow, but his commentary during the 2013 finals with Isai and Kikoushi was very biased toward Isai and quite obvious that he wanted him to win the tournament. You don't see that with these guys, they have a neutrality that allows the audience to be objective toward both players regardless of who is winning/losing.

Also, they bring serious hype. Just my two cents.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
JimmyJoe and Greginator deserve to commentate simply based on their reputation that precedes them from 2014.

They have a way with words that really allow the audience and (especially) the stream to understand what's going on with the gameplay that's in front of them. Not only that, but the history and knowledge they have of the players allow them to provide background information and other important details of past events, player description based on character use and how they're able to compete with one another.

Also, no offense to BattleCow, but his commentary during the 2013 finals with Isai and Kikoushi was very biased toward Isai and quite obvious that he wanted him to win the tournament. You don't see that with these guys, they have a neutrality that allows the audience to be objective toward both players regardless of who is winning/losing.

Also, they bring serious hype. Just my two cents.
Although battlecow can be annoying, he does get hyped and is entertaining. I have to give him that.

That's the one (small) criticism I have of jimmy and greg would be to being more energy and hype to the matches. They both seem to be more play by play guys than a play by play with color commentator. This is why I think I enjoy the jimmyjoe and battlecow combo. It provides a good balance of entertainment and education about the match and the game itself.

That being said these guys (jimmyjoe and greg) do a great job and I'm looking forward to watching.

Soto

Smash Cadet
Although battlecow can be annoying, he does get hyped and is entertaining. I have to give him that.

That's the one (small) criticism I have of jimmy and greg would be to being more energy and hype to the matches. They both seem to be more play by play guys than a play by play with color commentator. This is why I think I enjoy the jimmyjoe and battlecow combo. It provides a good balance of entertainment and education about the match and the game itself.

That being said these guys (jimmyjoe and greg) do a great job and I'm looking forward to watching.
Hm. Never thought of that combination because I found BattleCow annoying as well so I never bothered considering him at all but I would definiely wana see this combination. Jimmy's analysis is great while I do have to admit BattleCow's got humorous hype.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Battlecow had great commentary. His only problem of course was his bias towards isai but since isai isn't even going that wouldn't be a problem

Shears

Smash Master
I really like battlecows commentary, hes animated and very funny. Jimmyjoe and greginator are both great commentators for getting discussion, insight, and even play by play. I feel JJ and greg are both very similar in the way they commentate and so I feel having both makes it seem like you're only getting one personality out of 2 commentators. Thats why I would like to see JJ or greg and battlecow as the two commentators. I'd be happy with any combination of the 3 but if I was setting my allstar commentator lineup I would pair jimmyjoe and battlecow with greginator as the alternate.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Cobr and jimmyjoe are definitely 2 of my top choices but please don't allow them to commentate any Mario matches.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
imo clubba and cobr are both better commentators than jimmyjoe, greg, or battlecow, was always surprised to see the latter are more popular but I think part of it is that they're already "established" (kind of like a self-fulfilling thing where they happen to commentate high-profile matches early on, so they are thought of as good by default in people's mind through sheer ethos)

The fact that the poll results are pretty much listed in order of prevalence in commentary kind of reinforces that thought to me.

There's always LD's godly commentary at that one tournament, too. But I guess there's always the danger of the people I'm talking about going far in a tournament.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
ld/jimmyjoe/clubba/cobr those 4 only and those 4 interchanged at all times. that is all

Top Bottom